Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

When you go to a shop and pay by card when they hold out the machine for you and the screen is facing away from you and you can't see the amount and you have to tell them to let you see. Like why?? That's fairly basic common sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

I'm certainly no prude, but the amount of f*cking swearing on television and movies these days seems excessive - seems especially prevalent in some of the content produced by the big streaming services - Apple+, Amazon, Netflix etc. Maybe I'm just getting (too) old... I very occasionally let the odd expletive out of me when I'm frustrated or hurt myself, but I do it so rarely that at least when I do it carries some weight/meaning...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m convinced that the local shop whilst they have the drinks fridges turned on, as in power, lights etc, the drinks are tepid in temperature always….not approaching cold, room temperature.….. the fûckers charge 1.95 for a 500ml bottle of warm coke, everything is silly expensive.

im betting it’s to save money on power, tight asshôles… it’s a busy area, heaps of footfall…. But can’t be arsed chilling the drinks….

I remember one morning at 6am in my local garage I told them the fridges were off. They told me they don't put them on before 7am.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,938 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Trying to do the lottery on my phone ( uk ) . It keeps saying im offline though every other site works . I have to reset the router to do it . Very trivially annoying .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When I beat myself up for sticking to the speed limit.

When a cyclist is cycling on the dual carriageway reading his phone ... and there is a beautiful unused raised painted cycle path next to him.

When a motorbike overtakes me on a steep hill and sharp bend even though I'm going at the speed limit and they're are double white lines and warnings ...

Found the problem . Vpn was connected to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I bought a jar of pickled onions, cant't find them now

People who have had no real issues in life and have been lucky in education options, careers, relationships, health ... giving wise advice ... wind me up no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Irish weather, nearly every timne there is a meteor shower, eclipse or major Solar storm it clouds over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Worse still, when they complain about their lot.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I need to stay up tonight to start a night tomorrow, guess who can't stay up?. This twat

Strange one, considering they’ll have the freezers, fridges for dairy, heat / aircon, alarm systems, CCTV, WIFI, all utilising power… having a handful of fridges powered up to chill drinks that are supposed to be served chilled according to the manufacturer … im not usually there till late afternoon / evening so plenty of time to get things chilled either way, always warm or tepid thanks to the lights inside , it’s annoying….

todays TA…. The wifi disappeared for two hours…

Goalkeepers, by and large there is no reason to pre-emptively dive before the ball is even kicked

Ta is Wordle . I don’t think I missed a day but my stats say my streak is 1 !

checked it again and my streak is back to 34 . Not sure what happened .

Post edited by cj maxx on

Watching a 'new' the Chase, except its a repeat.

Electric devices that do not provide pass through for power, so they can not be used if the battery is dead and no longer holds a decent charge, even when they are plugged into the mains. Also they use proprietary batteries. So, they expect you to buy a new device for the sake of some cheap pass through circuitry.

I have 2 electric razors. An older one can always be used on mains power even though the battery is dead. The other is now useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

I think facial recognition must be coming a major thing, and plenty o' kerrnts is involved

not just the one time it's happened in recent weeks, neither, when i've tried to withdraw funds, that a message come up which went something like: "sorry, unable to process transaction at this time" , or somesuch

at least twice it's happened, and on both occasions the machine was able to process the transaction (for same amt of money an' all) the second time

tis like the machine wanted to get a bead on what i looked like when exasperated/annoyed. pretty sure it's happened both inside bank and at the outside ATM

KERRNTS !!!!!

Chat GPT . I had a go on it last night now it's saying access denied !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Writing an email to an organisation which refers to a previous string of emails, knowing well that they will only scan the email and refer to the previous string. Even more annoying as the subject isn't part of the initial string of emails, and the amount of work I will have to put into get them to focus on this subject and not the email string.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

The chocolate hob nobs i was looking forward to having are off . Only fit for the bin 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 18,677 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fake eyelashes on women look ridiculous, makes me think of draft excluders for doors.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Both TA and TH..

TA as someone, (I heard it happen) .. dropped and broke a jar of some condiment in the kitchen yesterday… I started cooking tonight, turned my head to find something shiny, catch my eye on the belt of my treadmill in the corner ( the TH bit is I noticed it). The treadmill is only a year old, worth well over a grand… it’s indeed about 4 shards of glass that were missed in the cleanup on the top of the belt… so cooking and eating a relaxing and nice dinner ends up prefaced by me having to dig the hoover out, move my exercise bike, start hoovering then wiping the belt of the treadmill,( with my pasta on a slow boil )…, then getting a light to see if there might be a reflection off a missed shard, as if anything of a glass nature goes inside that machine it’s probably curtains for it….

I’ve already had a person use the fûcking treadmill as a storage / staging area for bags of old clothing and haberdashery for the charity shop….now dropped glass shards added to the mix…. It’s got to the stage where I’m ordering a cover for it, 40 euros including delivery and I’ll have the hassle of covering it and uncovering it now every time it gets used. Simply because people won’t take fûckin due care and attention. Not to spill things on it, not to store things on it….. just…leave…it…alone……. ! I don’t damage your stuff, kindly refrain from damaging mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Woke up with a cold sore on my lip.

That's the free service and you were probably using it during peak US time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement