Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What immediately screams "tosser" to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Wow! No loss there. Would not even look back there.

Sorry for your loss. You are hurt and grieving. Hope all goes better for you.

Try to talk with people you know care about you, its not good here, this thread is not for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Some cyclists with YouTube channels go out of their way to find confrontation. Yes they do often be put in dangerous situations by careless drivers but sometimes they pick arguments for no good reason. Acting as if they are Special Branch swooping in to show some power.

If they anticipated a bit of stupidity up ahead and held back nothing would happen but no, they want to charge in, have a near miss and have a reason to argue. The British guy cyclingmikey is an example.

And yes sometimes they are put in danger but racing after a car to bang on their window can be a traffic risk too.

Alas their lives will be short and they are heading for an early stroke with the amount of rage built up inside.

Searching out confrontation is my addition. No need for that, there is enough rage out there without looking for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

You know what you might have a valid point. The person in question ditched me as a friend soon after my marriage. She went on to marry someone, had a kid with him and then apparently either he did the dirt on her or at least went off with someone else, 5 -6 years into the marriage and they separated.

This just underlined what I always felt about her- she was always a high maintenance friend, always needing reassurance and always nearly counting who phoned who first and all that rubbish - I never seemed to do right by her - I’m glad I’m rid of her but can only pity her as a pathetic individual these days-

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Fair play to Mikey for his telepathic powers in making all those hundreds of drivers around him take out their phones.

And fair play to RightToBikeIt in Cork for making drivers like this come from behind and pass him with millimetres to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭boardlady

Another point of view ... my husband IS my best friend. He is the first and last person I want to spend my time with. All other friends come second. Also, I tend not to take other friendships too seriously now - since I met him and he became my best friend. I don't need them the same way. That sounds harsh, but I would definitely have placed more emphasis on friendships before I met him. People generally don't mean to hurt friends, but life keeps moving on and you drift from some, family life keeps you busy/fulfilled. I have a thing where if I notice i'm only ever the one who instigates meet ups, then it's like I can't unsee it and that turns me off that person a bit and then I stop contact. Next thing, they're on moaning about how they haven't seen me in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I had a family member like that, always glued to her husband, they had no other friends. Then he died suddenly when he was young. The result of that was horrendous, friends would have helped a lot im sure at the time if she had any. what if your husband left you for someone else? or if you left him. Friends would come in handy then in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

When people comment on controversial facebook posts about refugees being like '' disgraceful we shud look after our own first fuk da government dopes''

When people check in on Facebook at the hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

People wishing their ‘still alive’ family members a happy birthday on Facebook. Tell them to their face ye tossr.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tornaedo

People that always use slurs for certain groups, e.g. calling black people the n-word or travellers the k-word, etc and that also applies when there's no ill intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭boardlady

You misunderstood me I think. My husband is my best friend, but I have lots of other friends! Neighbours, friends from exercise groups, family .. He is just my best friend. My point is, once I have him, others will take second place. The fact that he's my husband and the kids dad is a convenience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Can we get a separate thread for the single lad that feels like his friends have ditched him because they prioritise their families please?

It’s clogging up all the genuine discussion of tossers

I was just responding to boardlady. Her fault really for keeping the topic going even though she thanked you for your post about a separate thread for me 🙄. I wont post about the topic again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Yeah look nothing against you or that discussion, it’s just not germane to this thread really - not your fault

• Registered Users Posts: 19,532 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The title of the the thread is “What immediately screams tosser……”

Note the first word=‘ What’…..

And in keeping with the title it’s gimps going to GAA matches wearing straw hats.

Über tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭newport2

People who take silencers off their exhausts to make their car/motorbike sound way louder, in the mistaken belief that this is somehow "cool".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭newport2

Drivers who think that putting on their hazard lights renders them immune to all traffic laws, so no problem to park on a double-yellow or a cycle lane once both of their indicators are flashing.

This

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A Cork City accent. It NEVER fails

Jack Chambers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

The Three Tossers......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭NattyO

Had to do an image search to find out who they were (I thought they were politicians by the look of them). I can safely say I've never heard of them in my life - has anyone else?

No!

Who the fuuerkhe are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭brokenbad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭GavPJ

People that ignore the 1 way system in garage forecourts/petrol stations.

They should be publicly lashed or stoned. They are normally the people

who block up the pumps while they spend 20 minutes wandering around

the shop browsing crap they are not going to buy. I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

Witnessed a complete shambles of an motorists exit via the entrance.

They were turing right right and pulled across the front of a bus travelling right to left...they had stopped across the front of the bus. There was a car in the opposite lane waiting to pull into the filling station.

There was cars behind the bus and cars waiting behind the car waiting to turn into the petrol station.

It was a complete sh1t show......a complete standstill

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

It was probably done automatically without them realising it if they connected to the hospital public wi-fi

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/automatic-wifi-checkin-on_b_2504769

People who have a problem with male refugees being housed near them. "I don't mind families but its not right that they have single male refugees there, id be worried about the women living in the area" blatant sexism, I am a single male, if for whatever reason I end up a refugee in say America, does the fact that I am a single male mean that I'm a danger to women? wtf

I have heard the above from several different people in the last few months, it really pisses me off.

And just say 1 male refugee out of 100,000 refugees in Ireland attacks a woman, that doesn't mean that all male refugees are rapists. People can be so stupid at times.

The best one I heard is that the male refugees in Ireland are actually soldiers who have been placed in these refugee centers in case Putin tries to invade the rest of Europe. 🤦‍♂️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

covid really ignited the conspiracy theory fraternity in Ireland. It was there before with the 5G conspiracy 🤣 but seems to have exploded since covid. It is a sad reflection on the education system in the country tbh.

I love the outrage about "unvetted" refugees. They obviously have no clue what vetting actually is if they think the Gardai can do vetting for third world shitholes like Eritrea and Somalia. The irony that most of the Irish population is also unvetted is lost on them of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Speaking of which, I got cut off the other week by an almost-pristine obese Mercedes when I was about to enter the car wash...only for its driver to get out to go pay for it.

Advertisement