Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Soft ground at Epsom, Megan Nicholls reckons

her mate Dixon reckons Soft - good to soft in places

think they're basing they opinions on previous racetimes

racecard has it as Soft (Good to soft in places)

wonder where the 'Heavy' went?? mebbe the wind tightened that somewhat 🙂

jolly too good - struck front inside 2pole, but Hadrianus closed gap late on. never really in doubt tho

:(

last my pick Stormbuster came :(

3rd :(

Shayekh by a nose , but SIR BOLTON gets verdict in Stewards' room; didn't see race, so don't know what happened

Hellavapace 12s ----------> 8s wins opener at Wolves... wouldn't have picked if i'd seven selections done there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I have a winner in form of Sir Rumi, covers all my bets today with two more to go. Nothing from 11 11 in the opener in Yarmouth but Bear on the loose wins which I didn't back of course.

• Advertisement

WD with Sir Rumi j@u 😊 🙌

followed ya in on EQUAMi - looks nice price @ ~ 7/1

very nice price indeed - looks more a 4/1 shot to me 🙂

Equami nowhere

can't judge horse on that effort tho 😒

jockey tries to put hammer down on second last bend, just as the ones in front were at accelerating point 😃

drift was right - today wasn't gonna be the day 😏

not saying he'll go well next time, but formline deserves a line put thru it anyroad

cursory glance @ 9,o'c race = waay2tricky

:)

Fristel were 'pagejumpa' when me looked at race,, only one i looked at, and he's no w/o a chance... yet yo win in 16 races - was punted on lto over CD, so will go win only on FRISTEL 6s in 9.00 Wolves

be annoyed if he won unbacked by me 😋

Fristel not good enough - finished mid-div

dat's it 4 another day ☺️

if i had a notebook (i do, but forgot where i left it haha 😂) the WINNER of the last race at Wolves (the well punted on SYMPATHISE in 9 o'c) would go intee it..

reason being: if that jockey [Ms Ingram] can win on any horse, then said horse must have a bit up its sleeve 🙂

formerly trained and part-owned by Karen George (now in sole Miss George ownership) ; Sympathise was having just her second run (from 5 in total) for her new/current trainer, Victor Dartnall, and came on the back of a much improved 2nd at Lingfield on her penultimate outing at end of last month

• Advertisement

Nothing good came out for me from Wolves this evening, I just got too adventurous I'm afraid, I'll review those races tomorrow morning and pick the Wednesday punts too. My head is better in the morning, especially before breakfast.

tryna make cases for MOUNT MOGAN & LUNA QUEEN, both 12/1 in 6.10 Lingfield tomorrow

in 7.55 there I'M MABLE ~ 12/1 EW, is well drawn in stall 3, wasn't beaten far over CD lto, and is a winner from around this time last year.

negatives: can be slow away , yet to win for new trainer , lto 6th was okay but only eight runners, and price don't seem overly generous

the fav Sparked ~ 5/2 , can go close w/o winning perhaps, and might suffer a bit of interference. Jim Boyle's 4yo filly is CD winner from last Sept when settling in mid-div early doors, but there was plenty o' pace on that day to allow her travel smoothly from box 7 of 9. doesn't seem to be a massive amount o' pacey sorts in tomorrow's lineup

Catterick - Good to soft-soft in places

three what can go well each way in the first

GOLDEN GAL 6/1 . can go well after an absence. is CD winner from last August on mainly soft going, but had some "good" in description.

BASHOLO 16/1. has an each way squeak. nothing obvious on formbook, but has last year's winning jock, Zak Wheatley(3) atop

BIRDIE BOWERS 13/2 . came third lto on first trip to the course. was on heavyish going and time was slow, but showed liking for course anyhow. a good third (from poor looking draw) over the same trip at Hamilton last Sept, and on similar going, bolsters claims a tad

all things being equal (similar/bigger prices, similar going) later, i'll likely have a lil on all three..

... on account I believe I can find reasons to rule out the majority of t'market principals 😁 :

Tommytwohoots 3/1. think the 5yo's lto CD 2nd was his first ever run over 5fs on turf (mainly raced on AW tbf) . has had one other run over the minimum, and that was a poor showing where he finished 9th of 11 at Newcastle, in February gone. back to his most recent run; his most recent run at the course was on Heavy going, where he was staying on from off the pace. methinks frontrunners/close to pace running types generally fare better here

Sir Benedict 7/2. whatever has Mrs Barclay's chestnut as 2nd/joint 2nd fav, I aint seeing it. another one what's mainly a hold-up merchant, the first of his three wins - and sole 5f win - , came way back in August '20 at Sandown - that was 2yo race and ran in a slow time. Ignore

Dapper Man 4/1. admirable campaigner what's forgot more about winning than most of the rest of these put together - hyperbole and gibberish much 🙂 think Roger Fell's 9yo wants better going; either that or a sprint trip on soft - but at a sharper track than this one. am also not liking his low draw in box one.

some stellar logic/reasoning there 😃

will do us bets, going by the "all things equal" caveat (mentioned above) later this morn - after me get some shuteye - and will run rule over them once more, as me's a bit tired atm

perhaps will go place-lays on some of the current top three market leaders what I've discounted above :)

nite nd gd luck

I promised to stay from sprint races, I know, but I have to change my mind for this one: 2:20 Catterick - Changeofmind 5/2 (just missed 11/4), he produced some record speeds on his debut win last year, GS ground will help the matters too, appearantly...

done me three Catterick 1.50 each way picks.. going on racecard is given as the Good to Soft - soft in places - like what it was when me had first look at that race late last evening

overnight favs drifting/at bigger prices, so wait'nsee re potential place-lays on that same race

in Lingfield race, too many pace angles etc, in that 6.10. too early for that sorta headache 🙂

I'm Mable 7.55 Ling into 15/2, so a bit short that one

g'l me , j@u and all punters on heeh :)

6.10 Lingfield

plenty of ones ya could take a stab at here, but I aint seeing why Buraback ~2/1 is dominating the market. this one is only a 4yo, but already has been in the care of multiple handlers. a CD alright from way back when (well, not that far back - seems like it, as it was close to 20 runs ago 😋) in March last year,,, was just eight runners then, and time was rather poor. perhaps it's the Oisin Murphy factor, but is a potential and likely place-lay for me

went with MOUNT MOGAN there at big prices.. t'other one mentioned upthread, Luna Queen, is a bit short at ~ 8s, and tho she's a CD winner from a hold-up ride, that was only a seven runner affair; plus, despite the fact she's drawn widest in 13 (which could potentially suit a come from off the pace type) she was drawn in box three of seven in that CD victory - which were a few weeks ago. don't appeal at prices anyhow.

Mount Mogan goes well at the course - but just the one win, which was a CD one. crucially, it was a Class4, and while he's been out of sorts lately, last two runs were an improved showing than the few preceding them, and he's dropping down hcap as well. is capable of going well at ~ 28/1

I picked another two to keep myself entertained throughout the day: 4:30 Catt - Milbanke 5/1 seems to be on the up, if ready after a break and handling the ground (a lot of ifs...) and 6:45 Lingers - Windsor Pass 3/1 if Granary Queen is there again for minor places money only (she's gone up the weights without winning, she's good great finishing speed which is handy in big fields, but this is 6 runner affair).

GL. Have fun.

will check them out j@u 😊

if we go on her two Wolves runnings, TIGER BAY 10s can go well in Lingfield 5.40. might've been ~14s an hour or so ago, but paper has her at 7s; plus there's been a withdrawal since then I think (market was 'suspended' when I checked ~1/2 hr or so, ago, but I think that the nr was already a non-runner) go each way on Henry Candy filly in hope at a decentish looking price

2nd fav Inverlochy has seen some money, but don't appeal at ~13/8

not seeing why fav is seeing so much coin. not much to beat perhaps, but I think Bell Song should be bigger than her current best price of ~6/5. look at this one as another place-lay possibility. not beat far lto, and was marginally unlucky, but a 3rd over 7furlongs at Soutwell is mehhish form for me

I concur re @Granary Queen , j@u . horses no's 4, 5 & 6 in that Lingfield 6.45 are potential pacesetters, but with only six going, it could be trappy affair. race may not be ran to suit the Johnson Houghton 13/8 fav - what looks ike a holdup job. looks short enough as well

no strong opinion on your Butler horse selection there - yet to win, but has only had the one run in Blighty,,, which was a very very respectable 2nd at Newcastle over a furlong shorter.. well, a reasonably strong opinion i suppose come ta think of it ! be rude not to back WINDSOR PASS at the 3s on offer 😛

had a look at your MILBANKE j@utis , and first thing me noticed was the GOING - good to soft now; was good to soft - soft in places earlier 😴

hope it don't affect me picks in race one too much 😕 can't remember me logic re the whole field really - vees a vee la goinge 😪

looks right tricky race. thing with ur pick is he can't really be ruled out - which is always good.

best of luck with him. looks awks race to solve, so i'll no try

nice day out there - hope ur enjoying the weather. if i weren't a recluse living in built-up area, i'd make a shape to out and get some sun 😁

• Advertisement

:(

no good there

4th Golden Gal was best what could be mustered from three picks ☹️😓

goodonya j@u 😊

nice win missus !

me looked at his first run - saw goodish ground in that win, so no bettee given what me figured'd be softer going @today; but me forgots to luuk again when going at track today had dried out to Good to Soft 😓

and aptly named too - far as Poster Numero Deux goes: "no more sprintees" 😁

but it's a thread WINNA , so there's that !!

4.00 Catterick

Good to soft

in this almost bang on 6fs race, the well-punted jolly Special Mayson ~11/10, is not w/o obvious claims. can win over 6 & 7 furlongs, and is a seven furlong course winner. has a nice piece of form from last Oct on good Leicester ground. is a smidge out of form lately, and that Leicester win saw him pretty much make all. Leicester a sharper track methinks, so am thinking that fav could well be nabbed over this Catterick 6fs trip, if planning on a make all bid. even if he's held up, i think he's well vulnerable

not liking low draw (mebbe it's just selective bias there 🤣) neither

anyhow, have chanced in-running lay at short odds. put up ~ 1/10 in hope. may chance place-lay yet come show

conspiracy theorist in me reckons books trimmed the jolly just to get more money for him, hahahaheehee ;)

only two places, but I think ROUNDHAY PARK ~ 14s EW NAP has outstanding claims under the prevailing conditions. 6fs on stiff track on goodish is good enough for me. is also down in trip from two goes on heavy ground over seven furlongs. 'Green Shoots' aplenty imo

Motawaazy's ~ 5/1 win claims are obvious too, So will have saver on Connor Beasley's mount

ROUNDHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😁

NAP LANDS !

Congrats on juicy winnah 🤣👍👍 not jealous at all, them sprinters not my cuppa (except the Changeofmind thing that set juvenile course record on his debut last year, didn't I mentioned that 🤣).

Me got money back on Milbanke in 4:30, so that's alright, small profit for today with one more to go.

7.05 Punchestown

Yielding, good to yielding in plcses

just looked at jolly here, and that's enough for purposes of me rumination/s. Ha D'or of WPM is gambled on ~ 6/4 gen fav. son of Nidor has plenty of winning form at or about 2m in both hurdling and chase runs, on good and soft going both.

of his two runs (both on soft / heavy going) - which were both over larger obstacles - at ~2.5m , he's finished 4th and first. has never ran - in any of the two codes - over today's trip on ~#good going, however

#not that 'Yielding" is officially "Good" going , but it's close enough

that's enough to put me off, and chance hopeful place-lay on 6yo bay gelding. not saying there's a helluva lot of logic, as can "stay" 2.5m (albeit only shown on soft or worse, so far) and has gone close over 2m (w/o winning) on gooder ground when hurdling, so one'd imagine he'd be well capable of getting today's trip on Good going

on positive (for lay purposes) side, he has made a few errors over the bigger obstacles when chasing over ~2m on good (March run at Navan)

will chance place-lay @ ~ 4/7 & 4-place-lay @ ~ 2/5

no massive expectation of collecting, but not w/o hope thereof

am hoping for blunders here, esp if he's pressured for lead (if he goes off in front) , and possible blunders when taps are turned on late

thankee j@u 😊

bestest winner i've had in long time - yippee 😁

best of luck to us both with Windsor Pass 🙏 😊

TIGER BAY winns @ 9/2

happy days

forgot i did that one 😁

Granary Queen got beaten as expected but I went with the wrong one to beat her. Windsor Pass ran a good race regardless, I'll stick her into the notebook to see where she goes next.

I can't see anything exciting for today yet but I only started browsing the cards. What about you, boss?

Post edited by j@utis on

• Advertisement

Beverley - Good to Soft

PRINCESS KARINE 8/1 EW . lightly raced. started off as a 3yo and went well last year in her first few races - including a CD 2nd in August on Good to firm. price looks a smidge generous

VENTURA FLAME 4/1 EW . CD winner on Good to Firm in Class5 in '21. A good second over CD lto to a runaway winner in CD Class3. priced about right imo

not overly enthused about Dandy Dinmont's ~ 7/2 claims at t'prices, but not gonna say he can't win

hard to be bullish about any of them two - nowt wrong with their chances, but good cases can be made for others too

had a look at "trusty" AW last night, but got bogged down in first at Chels. give 4 of the seven runners live chances, so decided to leave that meet off 🙂

Advertisement