Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching electric/gas providers (see first post for links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

Higher rates though. And remember you can only sign up on line if you don't have a smart meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭ablelocks

all links live again....rates are the same, not higher

Dual Fuel - Switch to our best electricity and gas | Flogas Energy

Save with smart electricity | Flogas Energy - fixed smart plan electricity

Switch to our best electricity | Flogas Energy - fixed electricity

also found this for GAS, an exclusive switch page for 1 year fixed but not sure if it's a bwg offer or just standard - it also doesn't have the rates on that page : BWG Exclusive Gas Fixed 1 YR | flogas.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lukas8888

Smart fixed rates are higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

bit late to thread as busy this week, just did quick calc. on these BWGG rates would have saved 84.00 on gas and e75 off last EI bill so thinking of switching and paying the breakage what is it e100 early termination, only query is I do have smart meter but i'm on a normal 24hr tarrif are we able to switch online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Little off topic but anyone else with board gais and have their bill debited twice?

Checked my AIB account this morning and they have directed debited €800 twice this morning!

Not sure yet if issue with board gais or AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Moving2017

I am. And I’m with AIB. But I wasn’t debited twice. But my last debit was March so it may have been why I wasn’t.

Yeah probably just whatever batch of DD they processed last night, lot of ppl on bord gais Twitter complaining of similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

I was onto Flogas this morning and was told that the BWG deal finishes today.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

Anyone also get the €200 golf voucher for being a golf member while signing up to the BWG deal? just wondering how you go about doing it online to try and get that offer also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Buffman

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Back in my account already, can imagine it could cause serious problems for some people if account got cleared out and needed to purchase something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I cancelled my first application to Flogas.

I did so by email and I spoke to an agent about it also, since I didn't receive email confirmation of the cancellation.

I have just completed the BWG offer form.

Let's see if the first is cancelled and I'm allowed opt into the second.

I spoke to Electric Ireland earlier (my current electricity provider) They are aware of the BWG offer and admitted they can't come close to it.

I've just received email confirmation of my Flogas BWG offer. Let's see if they honour it. No reason they shouldn't. The timeline of my email cancellation of the first offer - yesterday - and their acceptance of my second application - today - is clear.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sphinxicus

I signed up for the BWG offer (duel fuel) on 18th April, got their automated email stating "welcom pack will be with you in 14 days" etc. Got a seperate email thanking me for my "application to swith to natural gas" etc. listing my GPRN number. Didnt receive anything like that for my electricity. Just a waiting game now I suppose.

Be interesting to hear from those who signed up and were accepted vs those that were not and if there is a correlation to dates and method of signing up, i.e. via web or phone.

I signed up online. (I only spoke to them to confirm cancellation of my first application.)

I too received an instant reply confirming my gas switch with the GPRN, but no electricity email. (I'm duel fuel also.)

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭beachhead

Could be that your gas account is the leading account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Can i ask for some help. Just about to sign up to the following.

I got the email from Engergia about 2 days ago saying my contract is ending soon. Not sure the exact date though. I think I started on 1st of June.

Is it possible to sign up to the above and have it just start when the Energia contract ends. Don't want to pay any additional fee but also don't want to lose out incase the above is a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Just be a little careful with Energia renewals. Their standard contract is now 24 months, you can change to 12 months easy enough on the same deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Just signed up to the BWG offer, however the email received doesn't mention anything about the BWG offer or the agreed on rate.

Is this the same for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭sector_000

I just signed up for the BWG offer! While I'll have a €100 breakage fee to pay for leaving BGE before the end of my contract... it's still well worth it, PLUS it sends a message to the utility suppliers!

Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kil

I signed up for the BWG offer last Friday (21st April) and received the welcome email but nothing else since. I did get an unsolicited missed call from my existing supplier yesterday (Energia) so maybe the wheels are in motion?

Will update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

I answered that call, offered 10% plus 50euro credit. I told him flogas unit price so he just apologised for taking up my time!

Did the welcome email mention BWG deal and the unit rate? Mine is just a generic email titled "Your application to switch to Flogas"

My confirmation email from Flogas was a welcome email, nothing more.

The tariff I signed up to, BWG, is not mentioned in the email.

As I said above, I also cancelled the previous contract I signed up to.

In truth, it’s a bit more vague than I’d like it to be. I signed up to BWG online. When I tried to do it earlier by phone, I was told that it was only open to members of BWG and they asked if I was a member. Patent BS, on their part.

We shall see.

D.

I just want to avoid getting the regular flogas rate and only finding out after the end of the 14 days colling off period. The Welcome email should have mentioned the rate and the deal to avoid any confusion.

I will wait a couple of days before I give them a call to confirm the rate that will be applied to my account.

Makes sense.

Is there any way of contesting their charges if, after the cooling off period, you find you're not on the tariff you thought you should be on?

I'm sure Flogas will be fine and honour their commitments.

But, a little more transparency would be welcome.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

I am in the same boat as you. just under a month left on my contract with Energia and rang them yesterday to see what could they offer me. They could only offer 10% which was 47.77c day rate and 22.91c night rate. Ended up signing up for the BWG offer anyways incase i missed out but hoping that it will take a couple of weeks to kick in and wont be charged the 50 euro breakage fee for only a couple of weeks.

Time will tell though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

When I switched to Flogas last year I only received the welcome email initially. Six days later an email with more account information, including the name of the offer was included. The contract started 4 days after I signed up online. The unit rates were never stated, most likely because they were variable.

• Advertisement

They might ask that you prove you are a BWG in this case, hence I'd rather know the rate before the end of the cooling off period.

Advertisement