Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

She would be discusted with William who is exactly like his father.

As for what Diana would have done - I think the actual plan was for her to move to the US (which is what Fergie did).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

^^ Oh Lord, I think someone needs to take a break from this thread when it seems to upset him/her so much that not everyone is fond of Meghan and Harry..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

Don't you just hate it when you privately get a million pounds in an out of court settlement about invasion of your privacy and, since you don't need the money, you channel all of it through your charitable foundation to the veterans charity which your brother, who preaches the importance of privacy, is a patron of only to then subsequently see that brother have it revealed in court that you settled in "secret" for a "substantial" sum and thus have it implied that you're a money grabber while his cult like devotees gleefully engage in their mental gymnastics suggesting the settlement was secret because there was a quid pro quo at play because you're just an evil bollox i.e. Dear Murdoch Empire, Willy here. I'll keep schtum about the moolah if you give me and my family positive coverage. k? Tnx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

Let's wait and see how much of Harry's filings are "his truth". He's certainly doing his best at sabotaging everything. His "life's work" isn't just about the press, it's about annihilating his family as well. Not a very attractive personality trait, is it?

But I guess this is, to put it in vernacular that Harry the combat veteran with many pieces removed from the chessboard would understand, it is currently a "rich target environment" for H&M. We've had the late Queen's date of birth, Prince Louis's birthday and, of course, the upcoming coronation. H&M won't be able to let these events go by without trying to upstage the RF at every hands turn. The latest publicity stunt was at a LA basketball game, "caught on the Kiss-cam". Carefully staged and choreographed, of course. And utterly cringe making, in my view, at least.

They wanted half in and half not in; they didn't get it. So let's burn the whole thing down. Shame on them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

If I was Will and Kate, I'd be giving them a very wide berth. If they are in their company I'd make sure I'd have plenty of witnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I think Meghan isn't going to the coronation because:

1. Just because you're invited doesn't mean you're wanted.
    2. The press would amplify her attendance and every move she made in a way that might distrupt or dull Charles' coronation.

There are people who dislike Meghan enough to look for the worst possible motive for everything she does no matter what (in the US, we call it the "b1tch eating crackers" phenomena), but I really think this is just H&M trying to figure out the move that will cause the least amount of disruption on an extremely important day for Charles. She's not popular in Britain, she's not popular amongst the Royals themselves, but she's also not keen to grovel for their acceptance, so it makes sense for her to stay home and leave Harry's family to Harry.

That was Harry's Charity as well. It was set up originally by both William and Harry in 2009. Its three main focus was Areas of focus

1) Young People - particularly those of their own age and younger who are disadvantaged or in need of guidance and support at a crucial time in their lives;

2) Environment - particularly to build on the growing awareness of the need to find better, more sustainable, models to balance development and the conservation of resources;

3) Armed Forces - for the welfare of those who serve their country in the Armed Forces. Particularly looking after those who return broken in body or mind - or not at all - and their families.

You have no proof of where the money came from and where it went. When they split the foundation (2019), it had assets of over £12m, so technically, a third of that funding at least should have gone to Harry's charity. He was a bit short changed then if he only got £1m.

If you read the court documents, there was meant to have been an apology to the Royal Family. He didn't do that. The Queen supported Harry's legal case to get them to do it. Prince Charles prevented this so that Camilla would get good coverage.

I'm a bit surprised with even you for thinking it was ok that the Royal Family (Charles & William) is in the pocket of Rupert Murdock and Co and William in particular was willing to throw Meghan & Harry under the bus in support of the Daily Mail (sending Knauf to testify against Meghan in privacy case and lying that he was requested to do so by Meghan's legal team. The judge just dismissed him as being irrelevant to the case).

He apologised for it and said it was wrong.

Has William and Kate said anything about their involvement? Made any apologies about it?

Court filings - I think he has documentation to prove what he is saying. Certainly there are emails from the Queen's Communication Officer supporting him that he should seek legal redress and offering legal support.

If you think it is just Harry's ''truth'' why do you think that Murdock's defence is that its too late now and that it happened a long time ago!

Fairplay to them for organising that they were shown up on the screen at a basketball game. Do you really think that?

From what I could see from the clip, they got a huge cheer, so that would be reason enough for them to be spotted. And ... they were front page news for the British tabloids (including the ones that they are sueing!). They are box office for the media - they don't need to organise anything.

People on here kept asking where they were and what they are up to when they were not visible for a couple of months.

• Advertisement

Any proof they (William/Charles) are in Murdochs pocket? Nah?

Consider this one. It was established in court that Knauf, with briefing notes given to him from Meghan, went in lieu of Harry to meet with the authors of Finding Freedom. Didn't want it known they were involved. Harper Collins published that book. Who owns Harper Collins and who would thus profit from said book containing those notes? News Corp. Who owns News Corp? The Murdochs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Why should they apologize for something that Harry did?

But first he wore the stupid and offensive uniform, then he tried to blame William and Catherine. He should have put his hand up - carefully, so as not to mimic a Nazi salute - rather than have to be smoked out when the evidence was overwhelming. Also, I didn't catch the moment when he apologised for trying to pass the blame onto his brother and sister-in-law; I must've missed that.

Fairplay to them for organising that they were shown up on the screen at a basketball game. Do you really think that?

I most certainly do

People on here kept asking where they were and what they are up to when they were not visible for a couple of months.

Plotting and planning, clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭FoxForce5

God knows what Murdoch had on William if they did a private deal .

Diana........to move to the US (which is what Fergie did).

Sorry, when did Fergie move to the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

You know you have absolutely no proof whatsoever that Camilla is racist so stop annoying me and others with your absolute nonsense posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

And then goes on to gaslight most of his family - like a real classy guy, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

But you should know by now that all the Royals are racist except St Harry who's the only one known to have dressed up as a Nazi and used racial slurs. But no, that's the awful William and Catherines' fault for leading Harry astray. After all, it's never Harry's fault for doing the things he does.

You really need to do a bit of fact checking before making statements like this. What you should have done is check the Invictus Games audited accounts which will tell you no such transfer of €1.1million actually occurred.

Harry was an original founder of the Royal Foundation which he split from in 2019. In that Foundation he had what was called ''The Endeavour Fund'' which was a fund that looked after army vets. There was about €600K in that account and that is what was transferred to Invictus.

By the way, one of H&M's last engagements in England was ''The Endeavour Awards''. You may remember it as that is the iconic photo of Meghan & Harry under an umbrella. See this link https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/g31137927/meghan-markle-prince-harry-endeavour-fund-2020-photos/

So, I wonder where the €1.1 million that William is supposed to have donated to Veterans really went?

The main issue over this settlement that William made is that Murdock didn't want it to be known that he had paid out so that he did not want to payout to other people who would have had a legal claim. So basically, William/Charles was going along with this which was screwing people out of their just deserts to protect the British media. Murdock also said he would apologise which he didn't do and hence he is being sued by H.

FYI - you get all the annual reports of charities on the chairites website if you want to do a bit of fact checking.

• Advertisement

After her divorce from Andrew in 1996. She was there for about 10 years. She was a spokesperson for Weight Watchers in the US. Fergie is a grafter.

His affair with Rose Hanbury. And all that Pegging stuff which the South Park show were parodying at the time of William & Kate's wedding over 10 years ago, so he must have been a bit of a lad.

All the royals are racist. Thats how it operates. They regard themselves as having a superior bloodline to the rest of us plebs.

Harry was 20 at the time. William was meant to be mentoring him and he should have known better and advised Harry not to wear it, so yes, he should apologise for that.

From the Court report:

Mr Knauf advised Prince Harry that it was “not a good idea” for Meghan to be directly involved in the book, as they should be “able to say hand on heart that we did not facilitate access will be important.”

The duke replied that he totally agreed “that we have to be able to say we didn’t have anything to do with it. Equally, you giving the right context and background to them would help get some truths out there. The truth is v much needed and would be appreciated, especially around the Markle/wedding stuff but at the same time we can’t put them directly in touch with her friends”.

Later the same day, Harry asked Mr Knauf: “Also, are u planning on giving them a rough idea of what she’s been through over the last 2yrs? Media onslaught, cyber bullying on a different scale, puppeteering Thomas Markle etc etc etc.

“Even if they choose not to use it, they should hear what it was like from someone who was in the thick of it. So if you aren’t planning on telling them, can I ?!”

Mr Knauf replied: “Of course – I’ve never stopped!”, and Harry went on to say: “Oh how I hope they report on it properly. Good luck!”

Knauf was meant to be looking out for the interests of Harry & Meghan and he volunteered to be a witness for the Daily Mail and then lied that Meghan's legal team had asked him to testify.

What a snake.

You might like to refresh your memory of the court case from here: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/meghan-markle-jason-knauf-finding-freedom-correspondence-letter-b965692.html

Harry has married an African-American woman, so I'd safely say that he isn't a racist. English people in general look down on Americans!

Nothing is ever his fault and other people need to be looking after him when he is 20 and mentoring him in his mid 30s? Got it. You do realise that his account of the nazi uniform is his own account/version? Who knows if any of that even happened. A friendly reminder from Spare about his grasp on what truth is/means.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And what about the racist slurs he used against his army colleagues? Not his fault either I suppose. What a cop out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Ah come on, enough's enough. You cant seriously believe that.

• Advertisement

Advertisement