Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’m great “bud”, yourself?

Jimmy Butler recorded the joint 4th highest score in Play Off history the other night and instead I come on here to read about a guy having a very good game against an under-strength team. Talk about burying the lead. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If you want to write about Playoff Jimmy, write about him! He’s a God. I just didn’t get a chance to see the game, that’s all!

My guess is you’re happier minimising LeBron and his team though, it’s been your calling for years. You’re dead right about one thing though: the Lakers will be significant underdogs in the next round if they close out Memphis and progress.

Where to for the Clippers? George / Kawhi has been a huge disappointment. Both on max deals for next year with a player option after that.

The new CBA incentivises stars to be more available than Kawhi has typically wanted to be, and if he managed 65+ regular season games would it potentially translate to better physical prep for a playoff run at 32?

Personally, I’d see if you could trade them and restart. The worst outcome for the Clippers is they are both revealed as done over the course of next year from an elite perspective due to health and they take their player options for the 2024 / 2025 season. That would then be nearly $100m of pain, exacerbated by the funnelling of more assets into building around them this off-season, if that’s the path the Clippers choose.

Feels like they’re still tradeable, get a few picks / younger pieces and move on. OKC own their 2024 and 2025 picks, so potentially there’s a a deal to be done there, given OKC are moving towards being ready and may want to add a top tier player into the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

I don't know why any team would trade for Paul George or Leonard if they are giving up a significant haul.

Kawhi was amazing in Toronto he should have stayed there and got a couple of players up there and they would have had a shot in the east of making the finals every year ....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not sure I'd lable Paul George as similar to Leonard. He's missed time over the last few seasons but his performance level hasn't dropped when he's on the court, he's still a very consistent player.

• Advertisement

I agree with you he is playing very well but that is when he is on the court, he is very injury prone as well and both are hitting towards the end of their careers also.

Maybe the Nets might look to take PG as they have alot of useful players the clippers would like, I don't think Kawhi wants to leave LA anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yeah, it took Kawhi a long time to make it back to LA (he's from Compton, I believe). Also I don't think Steve Ballmer will want to trade his two stars and start a rebuild whilst moving into a brand new stadium.

You also have the issue that Kawhi's recovery regime is a purposely a mystery at times

The new stadium and Ballmer needing to win probably means they deepen the black hole suck of future assets into the Kawhi / George vortex ahead of next year.

All comes down to whether they can get fully healthy again…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Iam Fantastic, Iam pretty sure Jimmy has been getting his accolades, as well as LeBron getting his, one doesn’t cancel out the other. If you apply your logic of “a guy having a very good game against an under-strength team”, we could say Butler had a great game against a injured Giannis, a Middleton that has missed most of the season, a mediocre coach but that might suit your narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not exactly like for like that example now is it? The key difference is that the Wolves and Grizzlies players weren’t on the court, the Bucks players were.

• Advertisement

And it's reported Kawhi has a torn meniscus :( that run he had with the Toronto Raptors was unbelievable it's a pity he can't stay on the court he is an amazing two way player when he is

Well that’s one in the eye for me who bought into the slander about him not really being hurt.

Irrespective, it’s just been a terrible run for him and the Clippers

In fairness I can understand why you would think that, the whole fiasco in San Antonio would make you question him but it seems his body is not very durable since then ...

In fairness the clippers have a good roster just can't get them together on the court

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Amazing win for the heat, Butler was unstoppable and the score to level it for overtime just absolutely summed up the fight they had in them. Nothing against the bucks in general, but you couldn't help but smile watching any team that harbors Grayson Allen losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Beaming for the Heat and delighted Bucks are gone first round, crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors game was insane, it wasn’t pretty, more like street ball but a great win all the same, One of the refs was atrocious, 39 I think, Iam biased but he was calling everything on Warriors but had bad calls on Sac also, way too involved

Only saw highlights of heat v Bucs but my god Butler is insane, the whole thing doesn’t really make sense, heads will role at the Bucs for sure. Boston lick g there lips but also probably scratching their heads cos the bogey man is coming

Post edited by Carcharodon on

Since 2015, the Warriors are 78 and 14 when Draymond scores more than 15 points. Just don’t really lose when he plays well offensively.

It’s up there with the biggest NBA upsets ever. Bucks finished the season 29 - 5 playing good basketball. Giannis got hurt and it opened a chink of light (Miami with injuries too, of course) but it’s still shocking for them to lose. They really threw the last two games away too.

Giannis with a very philosophical answer on “failure” in the post game presser. We’re probably way too focussed on the team that lost in this scenario and how they underperformed. Jimmy Buckets was **** insane and Speolstra remains an exceptional game to game coach who gets the best out of what he’s got. They were just inspired and they deserved it.

Like last few Bucks possessions in overtime were sloppy, but Miami were playing excellent D, making it really really tough.

Post edited by LuckyLloyd on

I will say Giannis needs to try and improve his free throws. Can’t miss that many in a tight game imo. Surely he can improve in that aspect, in a meaningful way?

ALSO the Knicks have their biggest chance since the turn of the century. The Heat have had to battle to get here, they’ll be tired and drained.

• Advertisement

3 players I would love to see get a ring this year

Jimmy Butler

Chris Paul

Jokic

Butler is playing out of his mind and is one of my favourite players to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

So disappointed for the Bucks.

I love Giannis and Brook and wanted to see Goran win a ring.

WTF is Jimmy Butler on?! Just stunning.

Now I want Jokic to win it all. If the Nuggets do, it wouldn’t surprise me if Nikola just disappeared into the ether after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

I want to see Jokic win 4-5 rings and send Shaq into a fit

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't think it happens but if anything pushes Giannis to want out of Milwaukee it could be a 4-1 first round exit to the 8th seed.

Whoever gets the #1 Pick should offer it to the Bucks just to stir the pot.

I don't think Budhozer is the man to get them there again, I think if the bucks had a better coach they would be still in the playoffs

I think the Bucks should look to sign Porzingis. They need another big man, Lopez is not the guy and he's a free agent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Lopez has been great! Don’t know why Bud kept him off the court in the dying seconds of the game, but he’s had the best season of his (long) career.

Yeah Lopez has been fabulous, not sure I’d lay the blame at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,696 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Brook Lopez is exactly what Giannis needs at C, a rim protector who on offence can stand as a legitimate threat at the 3pt line and let Giannis have space in the paint.

• Advertisement

Lopez has looked great at times but he's super inconsistent.

Advertisement