Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 ETAP - New Frame needed

Options
  • 25-04-2023 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I raced the Waller Cup in Bohermeen last weekend and was caught up in the A3 crash. The frame snapped at both seatstays and both chainstays, there's also 2 cracks on the seatstays. I know it's possible to repair but I don't want to go down that road. I'm within 3 years so have been in touch with Canyon regarding their crash replacement policy. I'm not too optimistic as the model is now out of date (2019 I think) and it's rim version

What other options should I consider? The groupset and wheels look like they escaped without any damage so ideally I'd like to swap them over to a new frame. Will I have compatability issues with any frames? I'll pop into LBS also and get their thoughts.

Link to original bike 😋

My old flame 😥

Comments

Advertisement