Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road works - Commons Road - when will it end?

Options
  • 27-04-2023 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys

there are road works on the Commons Road (connecting the 4 Elms Pub in Drombanna to MOrrisons Pub in Ballysimon), I use this road every day and its a night mare at present, anybody know how long these are supposed to last/when should it be finished

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Hooked

Pain in the A, isn't it? No idea of when they'll be done myself...

You could always cut across at the turn further back opposite O'Shea's... ?

It's killing me as I work in Eastway and live out near Ballybricken - so I'm now either going out the old cork road or headed home via Caherconlish. Traffic manic at 6pm for either option...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks - but that other road is very narrow in places, lots of cars are now using this road due to the roadworks and you can be waiting a long time for traffic to clear on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

From Limerick.ie:

Updated Roadworks Notice: L-1170-255 Commons Road, Ballysimon

24 APRIL 2023

Limerick City and County Council advise motorists and road users that road works involving Road Resurfacing works located on the L-1170-255, Commons Road, between the hours of 9.15am and 18.00pm. A stop go traffic management operation will be in place for the duration of the works. Motorists are advised that delays are expected during this period. Temporary diversions are in place. Please see our website for map of alternative route.

Advertisement