Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I simply cannot understand why a couple who set about the wanton destruction of both their families, who weave a web of falsehoods and innuendoes, who want royal titles for themselves and their children whilst simultaneously trashing the very concept of a monarchy, get such trenchant support from some contributors to this thread. I think it could be scientific proof of alternative universes. A Nobel Prize awaits! But it would be for Literature, not Physics.

Oh, no. Not more sh1te about Rose Hanbury! Give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

William and Kate made a £1 million donation to Invictus in 2020. The timing lines up that this is the settlement money. They didn't feel the need to play the victim about the case though and literally gave the money to Harry's charity because he allegedly wasn't happy with the settlement he was offered and so rejected it. Those evil bastards!

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/prince-william-kate-gave-harry-and-meghan-1m-donation-for-invictus-games-foundation/news-story/e148d311e5b62c63ade011e20a6f4174

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You can't understand why predominately Irish people on an Irish messaging board might not be fans of the British monarchy?

Really? 😕

• Advertisement

This thread has, quite clearly, absolutely nothing to do with whether the Irish are fans or not of the British RF. Having lived in Ireland for decades, I think this thread is mostly about a narcissistic couple who want to crap all over their families, and whether or not you think that's acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

A very fair summary of what this thread is about - and anyone who wants it to be otherwise needs to start their own thread and stop bringing this thread off topic. I’m going to keep reporting posts that are derailing the thread because I’m sick of it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

Dad, sister and brother Markle have a tv interview coming out in the next couple of days in the States. Her dad doesn't seem to be in good health at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

The Markles are doing a sensational interview on TV about a falling out in their family? At least Harry and Meghan never stooped that low. Oh wait. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭minimary

Meghan's signed with a new agency and her "team" will be headed up by Ari Emanuel (Ari from Entourage was based on him). They're also taking over representation of Archewell. "Acting will not be an area of focus."

It would be a true shame if he passed away before a reconciliation with his daughter- it’s not like he was a monster to her or anything- it will hurt her precious “brand” if they’re not somewhat reconciled before he departs.

Where is this going I wonder? I can only see them getting smaller not bigger in terms of their “brand” - they’ve spilled the beans on family, at least from Harry’s perspective, on the RF -what’s left that anyone would be interested in?

I see Meaghan mentions in that article a “rom-com”- oh dear 😂 Are they getting sucked into funding initiatives with a view to making profit, such as movie producers? If so they better have deep pockets.

I don’t think a Meaghan biography would sell well as it would be classed as a work of fiction given her tendency to spin. Hollywood has got its pound of flesh from them with Harry’s book - they really have nothing left to give that Hollywood wants, except their money maybe- her agent won’t come cheap, that’s for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Setting herself up with a career post divorce perhaps. No mention of Harry in all of that.

I guess you need a Hollywood agent these days if you want privacy 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

You keep forgetting that for 12 episodes of Archetypes last year (where the Royal family were not mentioned), Meghan earned $18 million dollars from Spotify and won a couple of awards for it. Then there is that coffee company she invested in. She was a millionaire before she met Harry. She had more morney than he had. Everything she & Harry touch are best sellers. Why do you think that will stop happening?

Personally, I don't understand the rejection of meritocricy. FFS, Camilla is going to be anointed Queen (along with Charles). Anointed. Thats what happens to when a Pope is appointed (but at least there is some sort of an election for him and its not based on who your father/mother was).

But this thread is not about a discussion of the merits of a monarchy on one hand, and an elected president or whatever on the other. It’s about Harry and Meghan, and their situation etc. Maybe it would be worth you starting another thread, where you can air your views on issues such as anointing oil, and whether the proportion of jasmine in it is too much, too little, or just right.

Meanwhile, H&M’s behaviour can be discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,137 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You specifically mentioned members of this thread and have decided that you can speak with authority for them. How very Monarchy.

You seem to be aghast and surprised by the concept that Irish people may side with the person who has left the Royal family and is blowing the whistle on the archaic creepy cult.

• Advertisement

To stay at the top of your game in that business you need to be in demand-H&M since leaving the RF have been a bit of a novelty act. The big money was Harry’s biography-that’s done now so I never see them reaching those dizzy heights again.

Also, it’s evident from Meaghan's recent U turn that bitching about the RF doesn’t pay dividend in the long run and she loses credibility- she made her money early on that story but it’s a diminishing return now-so she’s now trying to move on from all of that and to reinvent herself- so yes, they have made stacks of cash but mainly on the back of Harry’s biography - I reckon her deals were a side show negotiated while they new Harry would be busy spilling the Royal beans.

It’s a wait and see game as to just how bright the H&M star will continue to shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭JoChervil

It is difficult to discuss with you, when you state untruth as facts (as it was in this "photoshopped" picture). Meghan didn't have more money. She had around 4-5 millions. Harry inheritance from his mother was 3 times more, not counting inheritance from his grand grand mother....

Go back and read page 1 of this long, long thread. You'll see what the thread was about. The potential for lies in the Oprah interview. History shows us that it was peppered with half truths, innuendo and so on. We can all have an opinion on the RF. I have absolutely no issue with any view - good, bad, in the middle, fawning, disgusted etc. What I dislike intensely is the attempt by H&M to trash their families. What a way to behave!

The best of luck to anyone who defends the. Let's hope someone doesn't try to trash your family, especially an "insider".

Meghan seems to me to be putting the parachute on at the moment, and preparing to jump. It's be solo - no jumping strapped to Harry, in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

A person's net worth isn't just their accumulated salary, unless they never spend a penny of it which is obviously not how it works. Harry was a hell of a lot richer than her.

I reckon she thinks:

1. Title
    2. custody of kids if/when divorce
    3. nice payout post divorce
    4. bit of prep now =
    5. guaranteed lifetime A list and all that entails

Will someone tell Harry? Unlikely considering anyone who’s cared for him is now persona non-grata

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Kyokushin Grappler

Put Meghan in the Octagon [WME owns Endeavor that owns the UFC and is looking to buy the WWE]

7Spotlight Markle Family Interview

• Registered Users Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭valoren

The rebrand to me is a tacit admission of failure. She had the help of Sunshine Sachs and Harrys lucrative status for sale and this was what helped land them their deals early on (Netflix, Spotify). Meghan delivered a book which was forgettable, a Netflix series which was mocked (i.e. "I love the part where...") and, despite living in the present, it went over old material and was a turgid watch with an overwhelming and unpalatable sense of self-absorption. Oh look! Someone on a scooter seems to be following us! This is harassment!

Then there was a podcast which despite the hype and debut with Williams and Carey eventually limped through the amount of casts agreed upon and like the subsequent guests was also forgettable. So the quick and easy money has been banked yet even with all of that propping her up it was easily waved away with South Parks rejoinder of Instagram Loving Bitch Wife hence the need for a rebrand. We might laugh at that but, commercially, it was so cutting. His book, while lucrative, damaged their mutual brand and there seems to be a split happening. WME say they are honoured to represent a global icon and I sense a definite shift away from the past and the Royal association. "Living in the present".

I think the rebrand in order to be successful will seek to discard the whole Duchess of Sussex image and will be a return to pre-Harry Meghan Markle since associations in the general public mind with Meghan and the Royal family is negative. It will take her P&G letter writing moxy and mix it all with her raised status. She may even need to bite the bullet and make peace with her father. Any good PR would recommend that as a shrewd move and there would be quid pro quo for them all in that. I think the brand is desperate to actually go there since she needs to be seen as likeable. We all know the history, it may well be a hollow gesture on her part but to Joe and Jane Schmoe who could care less about the details it would have good Daddy/Daughter optics, optics which could be subsequently sold.

I'm not sure how lucrative this will be but I think that is the way this will go. While still a member of the royal family the goal will be to brand her as the famous woman who used to be Royal a few years back and is open for offers/collabs etc. Not attending the coronation being the first step there. That all now becomes Prince Harrys thing to deal with. He was the one who wanted their kids to have titles. Meghan Markle is done with that. The only title important to her is Mom lest we forget.

• Advertisement

its actually sad hearing her dad , did he have a stroke ?

Advertisement