Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox News fires Tucker Carlson

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Russian Wagner nazis and Ukrainian Azov nazis. You’d think that the region has a bit of a nazi problem.

If Russia is destroyed as a power what exactly do you think happens to their nuclear arsenal?

Reverse the roles here too, If Russia tried to put military bases or weapons in Mexico (or Cuba) I think history has shown how America would react. Isn’t it all very convenient for the military industrial complex that this all kicks off as Afghanistan is wound up?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Ever read up on Kim il Sung's Juche ideal for national self reliance? It would be right up your street.

A bit more famine than is strictly necessary, but hey, it's a coherent philosophy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

I see you ignored the point about Ukraine having Nazis too and what would happen in the power vacuum without Putin. I suppose it doesn’t fit your own extremist rhetoric.

• Advertisement

Do you know how many far-right ultra-nationalist parliamentarians Ukraine had prior to the outbreak of the war? One. One person.

30 out of the 183 seats of the Austrian parliament are currently held by far-right members (some of whom have been caught being bagmen for Russia btw).

Is Austria fair game for an invasion and destruction? Don't forget to answer the question now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tucker is the one man who could give Trump a run for his money as republican nominee for the presidency. Shudder at the thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jam__sandwich

good riddence to nazis

Prove what? The Azov regiment clearly had a nazi insignia until they were forced to change it. Putin does not have a clear successor so a power vacuum/struggle is very possible if he goes.

• Advertisement

It’s not even clear what you’re asking. Three word vague responses.

The Wolfsangel is on the heraldry of several cities and munipalities of France, Germany and Austria.

Should we expect scumbag actual fascist Kremlinites to appear there too? Just say the word because there's F35s all over Europe ready to vapourize Russians that think going to war over a symbol is a credible casus belli.

We'll do a whip around for shovels so that the Russians can dig their own graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,475 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This war is not going to plan for the west

What plan?

This was Russia's plan to invade a sovereign country?

It was supposed to be a special 3 day operation right?

Tell me again how the war is going according to Putin’s plans please. As specifically as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

The fact that he could still have a career really says a lot about his audience, it was all there in his texts. Does he really think that little of them? As for his Russia support, how anyone thinks it's some noble stand against war is mind boggling. Like his support for the Iraq War back in the day (remember anyone who was against it as a traitor, and then the supporters rallied around a man who ran against it), he probably relishes in the idea of seeing a superior power pummel someone smaller.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64886188

"We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights," he wrote in a text sent on 4 January 2021. "I truly can't wait."

"I hate him passionately," he added

It matters nothing to Carlson that he has been fired.

For him, this may be considered a net positive development. Not only does it mean Carlson is more in demand than ever and that more people are now exposed to his views, but it also means he can diversify his income - for example: through YouTube or other Podcast means - reaching even bigger audiences, both at home and abroad.

Fox News elevated him to new heights. Carlson is now bigger than Fox News, and the opportunities available to him are absolutely enormous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So much kool aid.

I just feel sorry for people THIS detached from reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,475 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It is nothing short of copium to suggest Carlson is greater than Fox News. That has not ever been the case. It also makes no logical sense, he was a salary employee of Fox News, one of many. Speaking of that income his contract with FNC was tens of millions, none of the revenue streams you mention come close to that. Nor does the reach of YouTube. Fox News broadcast in basically every US military base across the world. To suggest the massive Fox News political machine is somehow smaller than one man in a bow tie they “elevated” is utterly laughable.

I fully invite him to be nearly so egotistical and reckless though. He will be exposing himself directly to all manner of defamation and sexual harassment etc. lawsuits without the benefit of entire office floors full of Murdoch lawyers on permanent retainer. Love to try and see him scrape together a base of income from male testosterone pills.

There is one other law suit coming up with Smartmatic, and there is also some rumbling about someone who was in Washington for the January 6th Mensa convention that Tucker blamed for the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ukraine perhaps naively believed that a treaty signed by Russia in the 1990s guaranteeing the territorial integrity of Ukraine was worth the paper it was written on.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's not a point, it's a nothing burger. A couple of Wagner mercenaries or a handful of soldiers with questionable tattoos is not a "Nazi" problem. In 2014 elections the far-right in Ukraine got less than 2% of the vote, lower than most European countries.

Putin is not going anywhere, and even if he does, it'll likely be someone from his circle.

Tucker Carlson plays to the fringe extremists in the US, usually sharing the Venn diagram with Alex Jones, the GOP rely on them as voters, he makes bank, it's a match made in heaven. Par for the course is the generic pro-Russian propaganda, the "great replacement" theory and all the rest of the conspiracy craporama that goes along with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭GerUpOttaTa

I'd never even heard of the guy before i seen it on the news this week. He seems extremely popular with Americans. I read on another forum last night a presidential run isn't out of the question in the future??

Is he though? He has a viewership of approx 3 million people in a country of 330 million.

The Six One news here regularly tops half a million viewers in a country of 5 million.

He's noisy, and the people that watch him are noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

He's influential if not popular. I think he dragged the covid, stolen elections, Ukraine war conspiracies on way too long but he lives for the controversy.

Be interesting to see what he does next or will he disappear to more obscure platforms like Bill O'Reilly Given that Joe Rogan has been praising him the last few weeks will be interesting if Tucker appears on his podcast.

Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly occupied the same space as ol' Tuck on Fox. Ranting and raving, trading off people's prejudices and doing a tap dance on the frontal lobe of low-IQ and low-information viewers.

Where are they now? Nobody gives fiddlers what they have to say.

It's the platform. Fox will anoint a new reactionary bag of milk to take the pulpit and away we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

He is noisy because that is all he's got, but according to his own lawyers and producers the people who believe him are as thick as two short planks with a propensity for keeping it in the family.

Always going to be some platform that makes money out of these idiots even outside of the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I would say Carlson has zero interest in running for president

• Advertisement

CNN and Fox are similar in that they are both echo chambers for their viewers. CNN pushed the Trump Russia collusion conspiracy which went nowhere. Fox pushed the election was stolen conspiracy. Both are two sides of the same coin.

Advertisement