Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's standard in most broadband packages but I still don't know anyone who has an actual phone and number that they use with it!

Today's other TA: half the house alarms on the road going off when the power was cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.A. When you're on the phone with someone and you have to write down some information. It starts well but about half way across, the pad always starts sliding around on the table making your handwriting look like someone heavily inebriated wrote it.

In an effort to keep things legible you go back and fix the offending characters but by this time the person you are talking to has already moved to the next bit of information and you have to scramble to keep up, upon which, the pad starts sliding around again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Strangers who tell people to "cheer up" **** off, ass clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I hate that.....I have a resting b*tch face ... nothing I can do, it's the face I was born with.

The amount of times you get smile, cheer up, it might never happen etc ..... seriously I was sitting here minding my own business, not bothering anyone why the hell do you feel the need to insert yourself into a strangers life! Grrrrrr!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I once replied "It already did." to a bloke who said "Cheer up, it may never happen!" to me. His face drop was worth the annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A week out from my wedding and my future sister-in-law has me really pissed off.

She has a really good job over in London (that we are reminded of regularly), earns more than me and the OH combined, but has been nothing but a cheapskate since the process began.

I am paying for the band, flowers, photographer and the rental of my and the groomsmen's suits (and all of the smaller, incidental stuff). I have legislated for it and braced for money seeping out of my account from next week. No problem, thems the breaks for the big day.

The OH doesn't get paid till the night before the wedding and might be a bit short to pay for the bridesmaids stuff until then. Now one of the bridesmaids is only 15 and her mammy has no problem paying for alterations/make-up or whatever, but the aforementioned SIL point blank refuses to contribute financially, meaning I have to pay for her which isn't fair.

I wouldn't mind, but when she got married a few years ago, my future wife was a bridesmaid for her and had to pay for whatever she needed done.

There are a few other little things annoying me from other people (including someone complaining about the price of accommodation directly to us as if we can magically sort it), but she has driven me over the edge. I just want to go on a rage rampage and don't hold back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

• Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

a family member looking to book a holiday in Westport, this July. One wants to go, the other not as keen…

its a super nice but very expensive hotel, they are elderly people yet healthy and independent and ok have money but two elderly folks who have to drive to get there to have the car available for excursions as public transport there is poor…. So basically paying twice as much, having the hassle and effort of driving there and around Westport and surrounding areas… but this romantic ideal of Westport that one of them has been storing for years since they were there in 1995 or whenever… why ? It’s going to rip into the wallet, you’ll be a day or two recovering from the long drives…. (it’s about a four hour commute including a stop off for refreshments…)at 80 plus ? No.

Fûck romanticism, reminiscing, memories and all dewey eyed hokey. Just get a taxi to the airport, get on a plane, go somewhere nice, warm and dry, with nice restaurants, good efficient public transport, not a rip off and some new and fun stuff to do see and explore, new fun and nice memories and go again next year….way more bang for the buck too. This hotel, not cheap, not approaching cheap….so… 😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Today's TAs continue....

My mam decided to get the driveway professionally powerhosed last week. Sparkling job.

However, she knew that at some stage very soon local contractors were coming to re-insulate their entire house, with the dust and everything else that brings (they had to drill holes in the external walls and pump them full of tiny foam balls). They came this week, and the amount of caked-in dust, and most annoyingly of all, those tiny foam balls in every nook and cranny, scattered around the driveway now is very annoying.

She couldn't hold on doing the powerwashing AFTER the other job no? No siree. She would rather drive me close to insanity trying to sweep it all up when I have enough on my plate with the wedding. Close to breaking point as it is.

Women and their notions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I was waiting a fortnight for a new chain for my bike and an empty padded envelope arrived this morning, neatly opened at the top. The courier was gone before I copped it.

Associated TA I may not have been able to get one in my local town but I certainly would have got one in the next town over, which dawned on me as I drove into that town during the week. Probably a bit dearer but I'd have one 😐️

Maybe it's a sign I'm not to go out on me bike 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 38,294 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The **** is this about ? Yer man Sounds a right xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,937 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I planned on going to Omagh tomorrow, but couldn’t get the ticket I needed. Its on gaago for €17 which is 5 more than advertised

I got a house phone as part of my broadband contract and I think I’ve used it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Food choice paralysis.

Been cold all day.

Serious nerves about the Leinster match tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭ThePentagon

It annoys me when someone is having a Muller Fruit Corner, if upon opening they immediately dump/scoop all the fruit compote section into the yoghurt and mix it all up. I can sort of understand if it's a "dry" Muller Corner with the chocolate flakes or whatever, but with the Fruit Corner it seems to defeat the purpose of having the yoghurt and fruit sections separated.

In a similar vein, when someone is having a cappuccino with a nice frothy white head and, after adding some sugar, they stir it all up until it just looks like a pale brown cup of coffee. My mother does this and it drives me cracked for some reason 🤣

They way that even though I should be tired I magically become wide awake at nighttime.

Paul McGrath advertising sauce. I mean talk about bad taste, the guy is a national hero. The sauce has taken down many a good person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is that not what you are meant to do with a fruit corner? How else do you eat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Today’s TA - aggressive neighbour suffering from small man’s syndrome - WTF, chill, no one died.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Couples who cannot be separated for ten seconds in case they never find each other again. Doing my grocery shopping last night, I was walking across the bottom of an aisle, a couple were heading towards the same aisle. He barged across my path and then she had to do the same because waiting the seconds it would take for me to pass might mean they could never be reunited again. 🙄😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

In the same vein, I was on a bus into Dublin city centre earlier today. Bus was packed so a (middle aged) couple had to separate. She was beside me, he was a few seats up. Every time someone left the bus, the husband looked around to see if they could get a seat together.

We were almost in the city when at last the miracle happened 😁. And she was talking on her phone anyway so I am not sure what difference it made either way to them. I don't get it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Email from our finance department containing the following immortal prose.

"...it would be wreckless not to continue to reign in costs..."

I spent the day, chilling and relaxing, watching great sport, snooker, rugby and a bit of football…… about an hour ago I fancy a stroll to the nearest shops, 12 mins away to procure some drinks and snacks to enjoy with watching the later snooker match… but the heavens proceed to open dropping seemingly the contents of an ocean in water on the area in the last hour…..

People who deliberately mispronounce words.

I know someone who pronounces the word restaurant [ res-tuh-rahnt, -trahnt ]. as…reshtarant

Same person , fûck knows why…. Scarf is scaff…they are a Dublin person…and such pronunciations are not in Dublin vernacular…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,672 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement