Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Cian Tracey has the story about Henshaw. It's buried in the wider article about Goodman turning down an offer from Crusaders.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-boost-with-andrew-goodman-staying-despite-interest-from-crusaders/a1968615177.html

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Sorry my bad, it was Cian Tracey that has tweeted it

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

Henshaw out is flying around the web....it probably came from Cian but loads of people have it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

From the article ...

However, Leinster are sweating over the availability of Robbie Henshaw. The Ireland centre has endured an injury-hit season, but he was set to play a key role tomorrow.

Charlie Ngatai would usually be expected to replace Henshaw in midfield, however, the former All Black has only just recovered from a hamstring issue.

If Henshaw was to miss out, it would leave Cullen with a big decision to make, with Ciaran Frawley another potential option at ‘12’, as Jamie Osborne continues to be sidelined with a knee injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Seen on another Leinster message board that Furlong also a doubt 😳. Will know soon enough I suppose .

• Advertisement

If Henshaw is out then we might see Ngatai parachuted straight into the 12 jersey, despite the latter not playing in months. He has an excellent kicking game and gets as many metres from it as Lowe does. With James also being out we need someone with a huge boot to relieve pressure but also to make some attacking kicks of our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭LostArt

Heard Henshaw's issue was personal, not an injury and is expected to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Toulouse getting in with the mind games.. Turncoat Brennan :)

https://twitter.com/StadeToulousain/status/1651647767511543809?t=zk52jQUT300tjosMEDo09w&s=19

Also heard on a podcast this week that Toulouse have been in Ireland all week, prepping for this game. Staying in Carton House since Sunday or Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DelMcG

I wouldn't be throwing Charlie into a game like this with no minutes under his belt for months. If Henshaw is indeed out, put Frawley at 12 and have Charlie on the bench in the 23 shirt as he can cover full back too if a reshuffle is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

Maybe we can do a France '98 and "accidentally" give DuPont some food poisoning?

If much rather have Henshaw fully fit, but in a needs must scenario Charlie Ngatai ticks a lot of boxes.

I don't think the media have spoken enough about the absence of Lowe. In terms of kicking game I think he's the best in the world at relieving pressure. I was at the Ulster and Leicester games and he booted the thing an absolute mile. Turned ball in our 22 into the opposition having to run it back from their own 22. Nit having that at our disposal is a big loss. Especially as we've seen that the Toulouse kick chase in defence isn't that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

They posted photos of their departure on their Twitter feed only yesterday so I imagine they only arrived last night. Would be extremely unusual to travel that far in advance. I'd imagine it would actually unsettle a team more than anything to spend a full week in camp/away from home ahead of such a big game.

It was Murray Kinsella and Eoghan Toolan who mentioned it on one of the 42 podcasts this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No Henshaw but thankfully VDF and Baird have made it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭LostArt

Jenkins and Baird on the bench

Oh wow, Henshaw is injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Pity henshaw is out. But delighted VDF is starting and baird is in the 23.

Would have preferred to see Frawley at 12 as haven't seen Ngatai in months. Hopefully Henshaw is not out for long.

Quite surprised that Baird and Jenkins aren't starting. Thought we would have wanted their impact early.

Makes for one hell of a bench though. A lot of athleticism and physicality to call upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Henshaw out is big but Jenkins and Baird coming on in second half will be a huge boost.

Filament in the backrow is interesting. Toulouse are clearly concerned about Leinster's lineout and have picked another lock to counteract that.

Marchand made the bench for them too. Excepting him, I think we've a better bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

If Toulouse are to win or even push Leinster they need to approach this game completely different to the way they've gone about it before, they need to try overpower Leinster basically, the way they have approached the game the last 3 times they've come Dublin they will just get another bad beating, A. Leinster are fitter, more organised and quite frankly better 7 B. Their big pack will get tired and the one big advantage they have, their size, will be of little use.

At the moment I think Toulouse will probably give a better account of themselves than previous games but I still see this going similar to the way the Ireland v France game did during the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I would imagine that selection is more about them wanting to turn the screw in the tight exchanges than a response to the line out. They've been playing Flament there a fair bit of late. They've selected as big a pack as they could with Mauvaka (19 stone) being selected ahead of the returning captain.

With wet weather on the horizon, Toulouse are going to go to the maul in a big way I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A-Train

A bad feeling for this match has gotten worse now since I seen the teams named. Leinster are missing too many match changers in Sexton, Lowe and now Henshaw. Hopefully I'm wrong with my predicted winner of this match tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DelMcG

He's been playing a lot of club rugby this season in the backrow, mainly to accomodate both Arnold and Meafou in the second row. Very similar situation to Baird: they want their best players on the pitch, so they find a place for them one way or another.

Absolutely mad to think he started out his career playing out half at Loughborough University, all 6ft8 of him 😂

One issue with benching him and naming Flament at 7 they really dont have many poachers in their pack, only Jack Willis really.

I dont know what you've seen from Toulouse this season to make you think they can come to Dublin and win.

• Advertisement

Ngatai offsets some of the Lowe absence in terms of bringing a huge boot to our backline.

Advertisement