Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

As said before Village87 Erin's Own GAA have nothing to do with that Bollix of an individual and I'll pm you his name and details as soon as I get them.

You say the club should be exclusively punished, would you like to see Fogarty get a slap on the hand and a walk of shame off the county panel?

Grow up for God's sake and act your age not your shoe size, the Gardai are dealing with it leave it to them.

Also the referees said it's not an Erin's Own issue but but the straw that broke the camels back so be careful what you wish for, no club is innocent 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

There is an onus on the county board to settle this quickly but there is also an onus on the club itself to publicly distance itself from the individual(s) concerned and to state that as a club they will not tolerate this in the future. A 5 year ban from entry to their clubs grounds would be a start aside from what happens at county board level. They cannot impose anything outside their grounds. This will at least give a little moral high ground to the club and maybe some comfort to a ref heading up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

So are you saying that Erins Own do not know who sent this letter?

They don't but have their suspicions, the Gardai will handle it

Post edited by Comerman on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

So, a person who has nothing to do with the club and has no skin in a club or the game, nothing to do with it whatsoever, took time out of their day to spew hatred in a letter, hoping the ref died of cancer over a minor game?

• Advertisement

God 🙄

Post edited by Comerman on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BIMMERAG

Is this individual that's suspected of this a member of the club? You say he has nothing to do with the club and very little can be done if thats correct but if he's a member, then there certainly is something that can and should be done asap. A member of a GAA club is bound by its constitution and the decisions by the executive that are deemed necessary in cases such as this

Agreed, let the Gardai sort it first and then the club

Please refrain from using what was supposedly in the letter. We all know it wasn't good. Your ignorant comments here are just to provoke reactions and contain no common sense.

Getting back to the action this weekend i assume we will have the same 6 backs and same 6 forwards with Mossy probably taking Clifford's place. Will he stick with Corcoran and Mullen in the middle? Id say he will definitely stay with one of them. The preference would be to go with both and see if they can produce whats needed.

• Advertisement

A failure to discuss to issues of the present game is just that, failure. Absolutely nothing ignorant on my part. But feel free to try to sweep it under the carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Back off now and worry about sweeping things under your own Tipp carpet.

I thought we were to have the team by now. Every other county seems to have released theirs over the last 12 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Yeah I for one anyway said I shout at refs (as a supporter) during a match things like "come on Ref that was never a free" or "Ah ref ya can't let him away with that" "ah **** sake ref that's the third time" etc. Do I need to say those things? No. Would it be better if I didn't? Sure. Is it abuse it's certainly not in my opinion.

Calling a Ref c**t, w****r , b*****s etc that's abusive and I think there's a large difference between the two variations. Most refs are used to the verbal abuse from supporters (they shouldn't be) but when team management are getting abusive and when team management and supporters follow a ref to his car abusing all the way that's too far in my opinion.

I'll be endeavouring not to be shouting at refs anymore if everyone takes on responsibility we can hopefully see a change at our games.

Glad to see someone discussing a current serious issue. If everyone made some effort at self reflection and shared their principles when it came to treatment of refs we'd be in a much healthier place regarding refs in the game nationwide.

Precisely but obviously some wish to be blinkered in order to have a go. It's being discussed and dealt with where it matters.

Apparently the same starting 15 and subs from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Between this and all the fraud cases, Kilkenny gaa is in a bad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ttowncat

Anyway, fair play to the refs, about time they took a stand. Would love to see see the county board come all out in support of them, tv interviews etc. A couple of morons around the county and country would maybe think twice before resorting to personal abuse and harassment in the future.

Edit: to be clear that I'm not attacking everyone- I've often shouted"ah ref" etc- so not holier than anyone else-

Post edited by ttowncat on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Good man….I see you had a nice cheap shot over on the abuse of referees thread. Well done

No cheap shot at all. Stated a fact. Nice of you try to stir on multiple threads. That's you all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,908 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

Think a round of applause in support of referees before KK V Galway would show our support for them. As a previous poster said, I'll certainly be watching my Ps and Qs going forward and call out anyone be it supporters or management if they abuse the men in the middle......#respecttheref

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

KK v GAL

E Murphy

M Butler H Lawlor T Walsh

D Blanchfield R Reid P Walsh

D Corcoran P Mullen

T Clifford A Mullen J Donnelly

B Ryan TJ Reid E Cody

Subs

D Brennan

C Delaney

C Buckley

C Heary

C Fogarty

A Murphy

C Kenny

M Keoghan

N Brennan

T Phelan

S Walsh

Same as last week. Thought mossy would come in instead of Clifford. He might have more of a goal threat. The forwards will need to up it from last week. Keep it simple. Take the simple scores when they present themselves. Hopefully a few goals to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

As others have said disgraceful carry on at that u17 match and fair play to the refs for taking action. I think the whole place is on their side. I just hope when things return next week that people's attitude will change but I don't think this is the last time supporters or mentors will give the ref abuse. This unfortunately isn't a isolated case. The last couple of years there has being high profile cases in Roscommon,Wicklow and Wexford to only name a few. This crap also goes in sunday league soccer.

Not a word about this weekends match. Hopefully the weather will stay good and a big crowd attends. The home venue and crowd should be a help.im expecting a much better performance sunday and we all know there's a few lads who have being just going through the motions and time on bench must be the next position for them.

Tj coming back is obviously a huge help and will definitely help a few fowards around him and free up a bit of space. Adrian mullen will probably be man marked. He is a key player now. Tom monaghan is injured so he is a loss. They have fahy named as replacement but they done the same last week and played mannion. I'd expect fintan Burke to start and mark Adrian and Cooney to push up. We will concentrate on ourselves and I think the players will be up for it. I think our backs will be ok.conor Whelan has yet to reach his high standards. I'd be shocked if niland got 6 or 7 points like last week. Middle 3rd will be a war zone but this is where we need to go well if we're to win and hopefully a big performance from Billy and Cody.

Finally a bit of a joke with team announcements now that they have to be submitted by Thursday. Hannon was ruled out for a few games the other day and then he's named although he won't play. The Tipp thing last week was a joke. Cahill said he didn't know but surely to God he wasn't waiting on 15 lads to see if they were fit. Every team could be unsure about one or two players but they could of named the team and made a change if needs be.Kk will probably make a change or 2 sunday.I know the day of 15v15 is gone but people like to know the team and talk about it a day or two before the game. I think the day of squad numbers is probably on the way and even programmes are nearly becoming redundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭kk.man

We need goals badly if we are to get anywhere. Apart from TJ this present set of players don't look like goal scorers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

How would you feel if everyone in your club was tarred with the same brush due to the toxic actions of 1 individual?

Advertisement