Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yeah he doesn't like the he did 12 months ago,he's really aged

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Yes, my Russian propaganda from the New York Times.

National security ,

If that's the case every eu state including us should start mass deportations of Russians Citing national security reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

We have very close to a modern day Hitler in Putin. How some people can try and come here and defend what he is doing is disgraceful.

You should be utterly ashamed of yourselves, it is at least easy to be a leftist or rightest or even a contrarian here but be also be brave enough to stand behind your convictions in public, especially if you are living in the free west. Yes we here have lots of issues but f*ck me how can you carry on in civil society and interact with your family pedalling hate, Russian propaganda and war crimes such as children being kidnapped, women being raped and tortured and soldiers being castrated and beheaded.

Sadly I am writing this in 2023 and there are people on here wishing the evil Russian’s prevail. Shame on you, shame on your families and friends, if they even know your real position. I hope you’re not Irish as ….well… do I need to say anymore about being invaded by a bigger foreign neighbour.

Anyhow, good for you if Russia has killed more Ukrainians and conquered another street or Village. It makes you feel good so show those people who are rooting for the good people you were right. You put them in their place and proudly announce any gains.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ireland has some strange people who think the west and NATO is out get them, like Moscow Mick and the witch Daly.

Spout pro Russian garbage from the comfort of their home in the West.

Wonder why they would never dream of stepping foot in Russia though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

That looks like the drone/aircraft I posted yesterday spotted over Moscow

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I agree that this man is to be lauded for genuinely living (and dying) for his principles.

But I wish people like you would just feck off with your "keyboard warrior" stereotyping. Not everyone is able to give direct, physical help and it's not for you to make assumptions and judgements about other's lives and capabilities anyway.

Two things, contributions to this thread help to keep the issue front and centre, and, if posting here is so derisory, why are you doing it?

15 dead including 2 children from last night's cowardly attack on Uman ....

• I had the misfortune of listening to a podcast of the pair of them rabbit on about their recent junket to the PRC. In one section they were talking with fondness about the 'Collective' in China and how the Collective looks after everyone and as part of that Collective the Communist party votes on their behalf. Unf**king believable........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

I see the intel leak being used for figures, despite some presumptions on the figures (Ukraine deaths being linear, based on the September figures Ukraine actually released of their KIA)

Anyway, interesting article when people talk about casualty figures. ~115k Ukrainian soldiers injured but how many can return to service?

According to the president of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, Vitaliy Tsymbalyuk, 80 percent of wounded soldiers receive care during the so-called "golden hour" immediately after being injured.

As a result, only 1.35 percent of soldiers die during the "evacuation phase," which ultimately means that 82 percent can "return to service after treatment."

I can't imagine the Russian % would be that high.

It's not for me to say what Ukraine should do. But I do think that people ignoring the realities of the difficulty that they face is a very bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Mike3549

I saw a tweet earlier today, saying that big number of russian deaths are from non-life threatening wounds/injuries. They didn't receive a proper medical treatment and the ones who did receive it, cannot go back to the war due to injuries, amputations etc

I'll see if I can find it

I read that neither road has been used by the Ukrainians for awhile now.

I believe the above blue line represents the last open road to Bakhmut that is not under direct fire control from the Russians.

It's all a moot point anyway, because there are only a few streets in the city that are still under Ukrainian control.

May 9th is Russian victory day. I wonder are the Russians hoping to push Ukraine from Bakhmut by that day for propaganda purposes?

I am not even debating the point that Ukraine have been wronged.

The reality I am suggesting is that Ukraine don't have enough shells for artillery, or rockets for tubes.

Let's see how the next few months go. I hope I am wrong and Ukraine can make decent inroads into occupied territory.

But yet they took karkhiv and Kherson and Numerous other towns along the way , meanwhile Russia couldn't take bakhmut in 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

As Reuters article points out, Kharkiv had little fortifications at all, and a very small grouping of Russians were stupidly tasked with holding the entire very large area.

They were lucky that their under staffing of that front wasnt noticed sooner.

And Kherson as pointed out umpteen times was a failure of Russian supply lines due to the fact they had only 2 bridges they could use, and were repeatedly being hit. The land offensive to north and east of Kherson didnt achieve much for an entire summer of fighting in the non-muddy season.

Hopefully this summer is not as much of a stalemate for Ukraine as Kherson was at the line of conflict.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Kharkiv was a rout of Russian forces and no mistake and unbeilievably stupid planning and execution by Russia. Kherson was a good move by Russia. Someone made a decision that I doubt was welcomed by putin, but it was a good decision militarily.

As it stands today Russia is dug in like a tick in the areas it currently occupies, the part of Donbas and the land bridge to Crimea and have been putting bodies on the ground. Unless another Kharkiv collapse happens, or Ukraine gets a LOT more western kit into the fray I can't see that changing any time soon. The reasons for the Kharkiv fúck up aren't present in current Russian occupied territory for a start. Russia has a lot of men in those areas. An actual NATO force could do it of course. Russia simply couldn't compete, but it wouldn't be so easy and they'd suffer casualities to do it.

I've long held the conviction going wayyy back and even before Russia screwed up in Kharkiv and left Kherson that the current Russian held territories are likely to stay held by them, the only wriggle room for Ukraine being the land bridge between Donbas and Crimea, but with each month that has passed since with more and more men, conscripts or no, into that area and many if not most pro Ukrainian folks having left already, I see that as less and less an option for Ukraine to retake. Imho Crimea isn't even on the table. It's been almost entirely Russified since 2014. The parts of Donbas they hold are also more "Russian" since '14 and very much since '22 as Ukrainians quite bloody understandably flooded out of the place. And remember nearly 3 million Ukrainians fled to Russia and they're not all unwilling refugees. Even of only half of them were pro Russia that means a potential 1.5 pro Russian Ukrainians who could return to Russian held areas.

On the other side of that, unless Ukrainian forces and will completely collapse areas like Odessa are not on the table for Russia either. Their other dim hope of taking all to the Dnepier is a pipe dream. They had their chance to take huge swathes of Ukraine at the start and failed miserably and won't get the chance again.

When talks come and they will, I suspect the map of those talks won't be too much different to today.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Economics101

Do the Russian casualties include only those of the official armed forces of the Russian Federation? Or do they also incluse the militias of the DPR and LPR, the so-called "peoples' republics" which have recentyl been "officially" incorporated into the RF? Do they incluse groups like the Wagner Group? Both of these categories have apparentyl had very large casualty rates, so their inclusion would make a big difference.

Also when it comes to numbers killed, do the Russian numbers include missing in action (i.e. no death benefits payable to family) or even the severly wounded left to die by the wonderfully caring Russian Army?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭rogber

It's just notable that some of the most vitriolic "don't give an inch of land up, kill all the orcs" contributors seem to be more than happy to let others put in the ugly work. Hence my respect for that guy, who acted instead of just talking.

If calling attention to those double standards upsets you, so be it. Keyboard warrior term exists for a reason.

I value plenty of other contributors here who live in the real world and are interested in realistic assessment of what's happening rather than treating the whole thing as a glorified computer game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The WSJ published a BS article about Ukraine planning mass attacks on Moscow on the anniversary of the invasion. US media should be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Those estimates - are they compiled by the same lot who assured the world of WMDs in Iraq? I'll take Danilov's assurances of Ukrainian losses over any US 'estimate'. Just look at the 10 changes of story over the non delivery of Abrams tanks. The US are not to be trusted unreservedly, IMO.

It's owned by Murdoch, who's pro MAGA interference in his publications output have been essentially proven in court. Tucker Carlsons exit is part of the fallout.

But then again who's to say that they weren't,

Everything you don't like is all propaganda, every story is bs unless you share it ,

Blinkered opinions don't help anyone

I don't believe they include the Donbas republics because they are separate countries and definitely not Russia

Blinkered opinions? - That's rich coming from someone who stated they are right and Admiral John Kirby is wrong, when it comes to training requirements to operate switch blade drones.

Not to mention your repeated denials that the A50 AWACS had been attacked and damaged, despite several media outlets posting the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

hmm...an impossible task...no one can pull off...? sounds like a job for john wick...

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭jmreire

John Wick, or maybe the Mission Impossible team....there was a story on here a few pages back, i don't know if you have seen it, but here goes. Putin ( the real one) had a bad accident, and his leg had to be amputated, it was unavoidable. All of Russia was in a state of shock, and none more that Putin's look alikes......

• Advertisement

And what exactly are they missing then?

They have alot more trained soldiers this time,more tank,more armoured vehicles,more precision guided munitions,more air defences.

And they managed without f16 last time they had an offensive.

Ammo is being sorted for the counter offensive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement