Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

James Lowe became a dad this week

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭durthacht

Is this an issue? I hear back rows saying that the only difference these days between 6 and 8 is who is at the base of the scrum, and that the roles are virtually identical in open play, line out, and restrart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I don't think it'd quiet the issue.

There's a certain balance of roles across the backrow.

The problem is more that Dorris and Conan fill the same roles quiet often. The issue is more about both of them being on the field than 6/8.

Oddly Conan is much better at changing his game from his natural style to fill the roles of someone else when he is off the bench rather than when he is starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Can't wait for this one now. Gonna head up to Dublin early enough, grab some lunch and get in to ground early too.

Games like this should be savoured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

My arse cheeks are clenched like an altar boys at a bishops convention. Exhausting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Nervous about this one with the absentees and the mood coming from the Toulouse camp is exuding confidence. Still think home advantage will be telling. Hoping for a dry track.

Think our pack will be the winning of the game for us. I don't think their backrow is as balanced or mobile as ours. I'm counting on our fitness to tell again. Big game for Larmour's world cup prospects you'd imagine. Hope he goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,906 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'd love to be able to savour it, but I'm too **** apprehensive and nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Anyone know where might be showing the match in or near Palmanova?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

Exactly, I remember the semi in 2011 and we went into the ground over an hour beforehand, watched the warm up of both teams etc....ended up sitting right beside a baby faced Sexton as he was taking kicking practise

• Subscribers Posts: 41,801 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You sat on the pitch???

That must have been awkward during the game !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

Toulouse are absolutely not the stronger side on paper, if you did a combined team 9 or 10 would be from Leinster 😂

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Combined 15, I’d have the following I think:

1. Porter
    2. Sheehan 
    3. Aldegheri
    4. Ryan
    5. Meafou
    6. Flament
    7. VdF
    8. Doris
    9. DuPont
    10. Ntamack
    11. Lebel
    12. Akhi
    13. Ringrose 
    14. Mallia / Larmour
    15. Keenan

Furlong the obvious omission, but he’s not been in great form since coming back from injury. (And calls like Baille v Porter, there isn’t much in that either).

That’s 9/6 or 8/7 in Leinster’s favour. But DuPont on his own is enough to bridge that difference.

I presume leaving Furlong out is some kind of joke? In that team you seemed to give Toulouse the benefit of doubt in pretty much every position bar 15 and still got a majority Leinster side.

A out of form Furlong is still better than Aldegheri. JOB would start on either wing also, based on how JOB played v Racing & Leicester Lebel would have done something pretty remarkable to be considered better.

I think this is the Irish inferiority complex setting in now.

One big differentiator is how both teams use their front-row bench.

Toulouse likely to unload theirs early while you could see Sheehan and Porter go 70 at least.

What happens in those overlapping 15-20 minutes could be interesting.

I presume leaving Furlong out is some kind of joke?

Nope. It’s called a difference of opinion.

It's one thing leaving him out, it's another picking Aldeghari as his replacement. Furlong may be out of form but he's still another level to someone like Aldeghari. Put it this way, if Ntamack or Dupont were out of form would you leave either of them out for the Leinster equivalent? No you wouldnt because even out of form they are better than their opposite number but also have the potential to go to another level.

Fair enough, I disagree, but I imagine we agree on about 12/13?

Toulouse have the quality, in form, in other key positions to bridge that gap imo.

It’s setup to be a cracker.

The issue is you seem to be leaving Furlong out because of how off form he's been rather than anything good Aldeghari has done. If you leave a player of Furlong's calibre out because of form usually you would expect the alternative to have done something pretty remarkable to make up the gap which with all due respect I dont think Alderghari does.

The pack bar Aldeghari I would agree with, half back obviously I agree, 13,15,14 I agree.

12 quite frankly idk because Ngatai hasnt played in a long time and I dont think Ahki is up to much. I think both players at their best I would pick Ngatai but I dont think either are a patch on Henshaw. JOB I would definetly pick in the 15. Weather you pick Lebel or not is fine but JOB definetly starts on one wing.

Toulouse do have quality and can beat Leinster but at the end of the day Leinster simply have the better side.

Hopefully it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Very nervous about this, was pretty confident until the Henshaw news came out, Ngatai having no rugby in months isn't ideal, to say the least.

We should still have enough to win but fingernails will be bloody stumps by 5pm.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,801 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The betting is wobbling all over the place. Started at -7, went in to -5 in places, and is back out now to -8.

We seem to be guaranteed light rain for most of the game, so I think it will be tighter than the -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

Not really.....I had a green jacket on and you couldnt see me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Yoyoing wildly between relative confidence to despair.

Would be nice if kickoff was in like 30 minutes. Hate the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭letsbefair

warm and sunny in Ballsbridge at the moment

Weather seems ok at the minute. But I can see a dirty big rain cloud over head from my seat. Piss off please.

Joe Tekori is picking up the cones for Toulouse. Still built like a brick shithouse.

Leinster have started well in so many matches this season. Need another good one today. To settle my nerves more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I think home advantage pips this, but this leinster side will be tested like that havent been all season and i would expect them to be behind on the scoreboard at stages of the game.

A ten point lead in this fixture will be massive.

• Advertisement

What a start.

Don't think I can take 80 minutes of this.

Advertisement