Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,649 ✭✭✭✭walshb

His hands are faster than Joe’s. He’s a sharper and cleaner puncher.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Joyce just needs to find a way to get past the first 4 rounds without taking too much damage. Better movement is the key, avoid standing and trading. Once Zhang tires he'll start taking over and should win on points or a late stoppage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 38,395 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Joyce needs to put the weight back on so he can push off from the clinch without getting caught. If he can do that he'll win it handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

Reports saying, surprise surprise, it's Fury putting up the blocks for this 4 man tournament type event in Saudi.

He is a joke of champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

To think, it should have been Fury vs Usyk this weekend :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

What an event that would have been

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

george warren has said on numerous occasions they have not been contacted by the skills challenge about this

the entire concept of having a deal for four fighters is going to be a struggle, the venues wont be ready until december so what do the fighters do until then ? they need to fight but if any of them lose the entire thing collapses

so far it is just an idea that was floated around by the prince and skills challenge, eddie hearn claims its 95% done for aj v wilder but he will say anything for clout these days

The internet isn’t for everyone

That’s the thing it’s all far too watery, Those lads have just had a fight fall through, Joshua and Wilder could have fought for undisputed but neither really went for it. Brilliant point about jurist how far away December is. Pity the fights aren’t sorted

Just been reading up a bit and remembering that Hrgovic’s father died in the build up to his fight with Zhang. Explains quite a bit about his demeanour in the ring that night. Up until then I thought he was a serious operator but I expected him to kick on. In fairness he did well on the night to get through the early storm.

He offered to fight Zhang again in China and promises a knock out but that’s on the back burner now with joyce calling for the rematch obviously

• Advertisement

Yea, if Zhang were to win the rematch then the Hrgovic fight is a massive one. He’s no cod. In the meantime I’d like to see him fight someone like Whyte

He’d hammer Whyte. But fitness always a risk.

I think Whyte is finished, povetkin blasted him with a nice uppercut and he just recovered from serious illness with covid complications for the rematch so whyte had an easier rematch, no idea what he was doing against Tyson fury he came out southpaw and then didn’t know what to do. Coming out with wilder excuses than about being pushed and banging his head on tbe canvas ffs.

I’d like to see Whyte winning a few decent fights but I think he’s done, he claims he’s always learning but he’s pushing on in years now to be learning a huge amount

Aw aye Whyte is just alright and no more than that. Thinking of Hrgović he’s not getting a title shot, Joyce, Ruiz, Zhang, Parker and Dubois are all out of the question and I think Sanchez is risky for him. The likes of Whyte or Chisora are a decent measurement of where he is and he needs a fight.

I think Fury would do that to plenty of 5-10 type guys as well. Whyte did about as well as he could have done.

Hrgovic is second or third in line for Usyk which won’t be a great draw financially

No unless he can do a bit to raise his profile but that fight is well down the line. Hrgovic i think needs a couple more fights in the meantime. I want to see him a bit more so I can make up my mind about whether or not he’s any good.

latest wbc rankings are

fury

wilder

ruiz

aj

sanchez

makhmudov

So Ruiz to get the shot? How does that work? Surely they wont call for Fury Wilder IV

I don’t think Fury has been given a mandatory order yet to fight, even though Wilder is ranked number 1. But WBC will surely issue one soon.

I think Wilder is also number 1 at the WBA

So what would you expect to happen then? Wilder have a fight made, governing body wait and then make Ruiz mandatory?

• Advertisement

Not sure. I reckon Fury gets Ruiz and then some orders are made.

They (Fury and Usyk) can arrange to dodge and side-step their mandatories: WBC could make Fury their franchise champion, which allows clout. Usyk has Dubois next, but no idea if that’s a mandatory. It’s super champion v regular

odd story to hit the socials

• Registered Users Posts: 38,395 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah read that, he was caught with a 9mm, cops searched the car after smelling marijuana.

They found a gun drugs illegal tints and illegal number plates on his rolls Royce and he posted later

id rather be safe than sorry. The end

Wilder isn’t the smartest bloke around

Hardly be an awful lot to come out of that but it is a strange story. It’ll not hurry on the December dream anyhow.

This era could still yet go down as one the most pathetic of all time...

I’m not sure you can really say that. Klitchko era might be the worst of all yet he was a great champion. I think it is in danger of being forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Butson

I think AJ v Wilde will happen now. Wilder is a free agent so fight will happen on Dan.

As for Fury....clown.

• Advertisement

No bites on that…

What did Joshua and Wilder do that makes them not clowns while Fury is one? They didn’t go near one another years ago for undisputed despite ample opportunity to do so. Wilder took the Fury fight thinking it would be an easy day’s work because Fury was so fat. Joshua didn’t show much appetite to fight Fury either, instead he tried to take a handy Miller fight that fell through and then got trounced by Ruiz. He was dying to get fighting Whyte about 5 more times and his matches as champion weren’t earth shattering.

Advertisement