Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

It's ok I found the answer, in the US 50-60 days worth of inventory is considered normal. Tesla at 2500 cars of unsold inventory is equal to 0.57 days.

Doesn't seem like a big issue to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Sales in a market like Ireland could well slow down quite a bit. Most EV buyers wanting a Tesla will have bought one in the first half of this year. Potential heavy depreciation caused by dropping prices means existing Tesla owners won’t be able to change up into a 2024 or 2025 car for any kind of reasonable money. Service team and SC network likely to be under serious pressure too given the sudden rise in the number of Teslas on Irish roads. I think Sandyford is already getting a bad name with some customers choosing to use Belfast instead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

People using Belfast purely for logistical reasons or parts availability is my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

I'm still waiting for this heavy depn to kick in. 2020 cars with a €5 to €6k cost of change after 3 years (even less in many cases) doesn't seem overly excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Time will tell but I wouldn’t like to be trying to trade in a fresh Tesla to a car dealer at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭creedp

Maybe so but the dealers are sure able to ask pretty strong used prices at present

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Ireland is <0.2.% of Tesla sales, I don't think we're a primary concern for Tesla.

There are new car buyers every year, around 100k of them. Plenty of whom will be buying an EV as their next car. Once they look at the price of the legacy automakers for what you get I'm sure somewhere around 1-3% of them will continue to opt for a Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

It doesn’t work like that with Tesla inventory - they take one ‘copy’ of each car, and even if they have 50 e.g white on black rwd, they only list one of them until all 50 are sold.

remember that they’ve got over 10,000 S/X inventory alone, and that was only 5% of Q1 production.

nobody does multiple price cuts in their primary market when they only have a 1/2 day of inventory.

in short - with Austin & Berlin now up to speed, Tesla are building more cars than they have buyers for and are cutting the prices over and over to try to drive that demand - who don’t seem to be biting in nearly enough numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

That's musks fault though, I find him ok, but I can understand why alot of people don't like him now and wouldn't be caught dead in a tesla over him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Quick Q

When you buy a Tesla second hand how do you transfer the car to your tesla account from the previous owner.

If a call to Tesla is required what do they require as proof of new ownership ?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

When buying, if you’re buying from the owner, say in a private sale, the owner can go into his app and hit the im selling my car tab. He can input your details and you’ll get an email to take ownership.

otherwise, you can email a copy of the VLC to tesla who will give you access or indeed, a simple receipt from a car dealer with the vin on it will suffice while your waiting on the VLC to arrive.

https://www.tesla.com/support/how-add-or-remove-vehicles-tesla-app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,304 ✭✭✭markpb

When I did mine, I mailed the VIN, license plate and a photo of the VLC (log book) to them and they switched it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You don't need Tesla to switch a car over any more, you can do it through your Tesla account

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think Bjorn had a video on how to change over a year or so ago through your account. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but it looked simple enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

very simple to switch ownership, can be done in less than 5 minutes through the app.

Did it twice and couldnt be more straightforward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

How do you lock a Tesla , my wife has been driving to work, she keeps the card in her phone case , today she left her phone behind in the office but despite this , the car door opened when she approached it

thought it self locked once you walked away from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Why is she using the card and not the phone as the key?

With the card you lock the car (at least the Model 3) by tapping the B-pillar i.e. the same as it's unlocked.

Honestly I can’t believe we never noticed you pair the phone with the car, figured it out there now with short YouTube clip , only took me a month ( I’m a bit thick )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Nice one! That will make your life even easier.

We just wrongly assumed it automatically locked once you walked away, penny only dropped following the wife’s forgetting her phone earlier today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It does lock when you walk away

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Not if one uses a key card.

The poster hadn't paired/authorised a phone, for use as a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Technique

Really interesting video overall, but particularly the part at 05:10 where they show the battery and motors being removed from a damaged Model S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

A lot of new Model X and Model S in inventory, I wonder if they manage to sell any of them here as they are LHD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Similar to Australia, looks like Model S & X right hand drive being dropped from Ireland, received this email this morning - had a reservation for the last 2 years on a Model S.

"Right-hand drive Model S will not be available in Ireland for the forseeable future. You can choose to receive credit for Model 3 or Model Y, purchase Model S as a left-hand drive vehicle or just cancel your order.

Credit for Model 3 or Model Y

If you convert your reservation to a Model 3 or Model Y, you can receive 2,000 € credit* as a thank you for your support.

Left-Hand Drive Model S

If you want to take delivery of a left-hand drive Model S and benefit from 3 years of free, unlimited Supercharging**, explore our inventory of immediately available vehicles.

Full Refund

If you prefer to cancel your order, you do not need to take any action. We will automatically cancel your current reservation on June 5th and refund your order fee in full."

Also UK buyers are receiving the same email this morning.

Even if you were crazy enough to take delivery of a LHD model, theres some differnece in the price - about €20k more expensive than original order agreement - 3 years super charging wouldnt make a dent in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Received the same of my X plaid order.

I will never own a Tesla again, and my 3 will be for sale within 2 months. **** tesla and **** elon musk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

It's a pity as it's a gap at the top end of the market that other companies can now go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Precisely. I'm looking at deals online as we speak for pricing and spec on a Q8 etron 55 and Mercedes EQS SUV as the best equivalents for my X preorder that was canceled. At least some companies care enough about customers prepared to spend six figures on their cars to actually include a steering wheel on the right side.

Advertisement