Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

Not religious but I will pray for white smoke for you tomorrow.

Hallelujah.

Sorted. Getting my keys at 17.45 apparently. 

I am a seething cocktail of emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What do those 3 things usually add up to on your typical 300k semi-d if you don't mind me asking please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭This is it

Adjusting for stamp duty, on 300k property, I'd say about €6k. Our solicitor was about €2.8k and LPT was around €400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Happy Happy HAPPY DAYS!!! Many many congratulations! Its such an amazing feeling to be sorted, I have been on Cloud 9 all week!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I am clasping the keys in my palm as I speak.

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Got our keys a few hours ago, delighted!!

• Advertisement

Sensational well done sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shinynails

Lots of good news people getting keys!!! Great to read.

Those who went with PTSB through a broker were you asked for any extra docs at the final checks stage?

Solicitor requested funds on Thursday and they are at final checks and review stage now. Broker has said all paperwork is in place.

I’d love if funds transferred on Tuesday/Wednesday….am I dreaming?

Has many people been asked for a declaration of identity from your solicitor? Is this a new thing? I rang my estate agent and is not familiar with it . Got a load of requests off solicitor yesterday, claiming banks are looking for this document now.

I already got the survey done, now I have to ask him out again to do this it seems .

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I did when I bought in Sept 2021. Ours is a house on a couple of acres and we’re mains water and power but septic for sewage. Solicitor said the DoI is basically so the banks can confirm that all our services are either contained on our own site (sewage) or not relying on access to someone else’s land (our water and power come straight in from the road in front of our house).

I think it also double checks the boundaries clearly match what is on the folio. Ours are ditches between us and neighbouring fields so the surveyor said he didn’t even need to come back out to the site again as they were very clear and he’d already looked at the services. I think we paid €350 for the cert at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Cork2021

First viewings of our house later this morning! Thank feck I’m at work!

the nervousness I have is if people like our home! We take great pride in it. It’s not a huge house 1012sqft but it’s a great starter house, if you think along those lines

I was asked for an up to date payslip near closing but that was before funds were requested, I wouldn't expect to have to provide any more at that stage.

Our solicitor requested funds on the 24th and were received by the solicitor the evening of the 26th. Not sure about Tuesday with the BH but I'd expect them Wednesday if there are no issues. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jenthreepinks

From photos we’re very interested in a property that was sale agreed but is now back on the market. We will find out in a few days when I view the property but just wondering is the estate agent likely to tell me what the house went sale agreed at previously if I ask or are they entitled to keep that private? Right now there are no bids on the property. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. This is a 3 bed semi detached in an estate of 20 houses!

Delighted for you both! Hope the move going well. We have 2 rooms painted and furniture delivered now, and moving commencing today! Its amazing to finally be on our own home, so chuffed!

Got first bid this morning 10k under asking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

As a first bid, I'd take that pretty well. We saw a house go from 10k under to 72k over in about 4 weeks that I was watching.

If the house wasn't attractive, it wouldn't be getting a bid at all.

We are looking at our third house having gone sale agreed on now, after the bank said no to the second one. Our solicitor had told us this was likely the case but the estate agent said to try anyway. After informing her of the banks decision, she said this is the point the solicitors hash out the details but the seller solicitor was useless before and see no reason to wait now that we've got a third house we have gone sale agreed one. In a much more promising state of affairs, the new seller's solicitors has told the seller to get a cert of compliance this week before sending us contracts so at least this solicitor is trying to play ball. Fingers crossed we get moving before the interest rate hike

So continues year 4 of attempting to get a home :D

Yeah that’s what the EA said, it was the cash bidder who bid, so hopefully it’ll creep up. I don’t foresee as big a jump you saw but would expect 10-15k over.

that’s crap, hope you get through this one. 4 years looking.. deserve luck at this stage

Its just radio silence from my solicitor and theirs, original target date was Paddys day but still sitting here checking my phone every 10 minutes.

10 days ago my solicitor said they had a request in with the sellers solicitor for a closing date, funds have been ready to go for the last 6 months, house has been empty for a year now, absolutely infuriating.

Hope everyone is settling in well.

My place is shaping up semi respectable but I still have a mountain of work to do, going to be a life time commitment.

Lad here installing the Fiber broadband at the moment so I will be out of the stone age.

I hate that this is the advice I've been given and which seems to work but it really does appear to be a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. My wife's cousin rang every day looking for updates from everyone he could get a hold of and really had no lengthy delays at all. If I give anyone in the process a bit of free reign, things slow down immediately. I'm sure you know this and are already on top of it, but god it's a further indictment of how shoddy the process is in Ireland.

Installing fiber already!? by god that was fast! Congrats though! Delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

Sounds like you are getting on great. We got painting done over the weekend, and made up some ikea furniture, we really wanted to get the sitting room done and our sons bedroom, so can tick them off the list now, but it took a lot longer than we anticipated, total amatures!!! Have broadband coming today, bins and electricity sorted, fill of oil on the way, and a lot of stuff packed, so hoping to take Friday off and get everything moved in over Fri and Sat.

Its a bungalow in the country, we love it, but we are just realising the amount of work that it will take to keep it maintained! The lawn is over an acre, going to have to get a super dooper lawnmower to keep it cut! But its all good stuff, we have a lifetime to get on tope of everything, its just so exciting to finally be in! Its very surreal

Grew up in a house in the country with about an acre as well, highly recommend robot lawnmower. To this day, my father says it's the best investment he put into the place. Granted I'm sure it's low on the priority list as they typically are a few grand, but takes a job that could be a few hours weekly in the summer and just needs an annual service instead. Def on my list of things to get when I move :D

We moved in over the weekend. Can't believe the amount of "stuff" we had... As with others we're noticing bits and pieces here and there that need fixing or replacing. Thankfully I'm handy enough so I'll give most of it a go myself but the costs are adding up already!

• Advertisement

Big time. We had a budget that is totally gone out the window already, just different bits and pieces to buy that you forget until you are actually in. Also paint costs a fortune, we really didnt have a clue, and when you are starting from scratch and need to get the rollers, brushes and all the bits too. But you have to start somewhere, and delighted we painted a bit as its nice to see our own stamp on the place. Seeing things all the time I would like to upgrade and change, but have to keep reminding myself that we have years and years to do all these things, and also need to start saving up again!

Advertisement