Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Finally the Celtics get it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

On 3s, LeBron is 6 for 36 in this series, coming off the worst 3 pt % for a regular season in 8 years.

Some posters on here seem to think Space Jam: A New Legacy is a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Warriors playing like crap now, going to lose this unless they get their **** together

Kings up by 19 with 3.45 left in the fourth.

Curry has 29 points but he's 9 of 21, he's missed a lot of shots.

Monk has 28 points, he's been the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Butters you’re getting annoyed by me saying ‘if he can get a streak going with his 3 point jumper’ i.e. he’s been terrible from 3 but finding other ways to get it done; and if he got a streak going from 3 it would make the Lakers a lot more difficult to play against.

If your annoyance is the mere notion that could happen, then you probably need to check why you find that so irksome!

• Advertisement

Anyway Butters is frustrated by LeBron, but probably not as much as the Grizzlies right now this minute who are down by THIRTY THREE points at the end of the 3rd quarter. Lakers have been merciless, relentless - and the Grizzlies for all their talk have had no answer.

Let’s have no injuries or stupid stuff the 4th quarter please!

And Memphis just pulled their starters with 9:37 remaining in the 4th. It’s hard to square this performance with all that nonsense they said before the series. There will be loads of stats to chew over, but Lakers have 13 blocks to 1. Just wanted it way more inside tonight.

D Russell with the best playoff game of his career, when it was most needed.

They’ll be dogs in the next round, but get to rest up and enjoy what should be a cracking game 7 on Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

Can the Lakers really win it all? I would definitely fancy them against either GS or Sacramento...it's incredible how they have turned it around since the trade deadline all the moves have helped especially defensively like you mentioned

LeBron is clearly injured and AD remains made of glass, but also as a team they still don’t shoot well enough. They’ll open as dogs against either GS / SAC and rightly so.

If they get to a conference finals well who would bet against LeBron / AD at that point, but it’s hard to see them have enough to beat Den or Phoenix.

So “no” is my answer - there’s no rings here.

It’s still a remarkable turnaround / run all the same. This team started 2 - 10 and was 13th at the All Star break. They’ve been in a playoff like mode for about three months. It just gets so tough now with all the weak teams like the Grizzlies eliminated. Kings / Warriors very obviously great basketball teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,821 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Laaaads I love a good underdog story. Heat eliminate Bucks, Lakers eliminate Grizzlies, let's go Kings in game 7!

• Advertisement

The turnaround has been remarkable since November, I got them at odds of 150/1! I wish I had put more than 20 on it now!!

The pace of the playoffs as the rounds go on will suit LeBron and AD also. I wouldn't be scared of Denver who have not delivered in the playoffs and Phoenix who haven't played much together and imploded last year versus Dallas...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I was so mad earlier with the Warriors, I’ve been a fan for over 20 years, season ticket holder and this pissed me off, we got punked by a more hungry team. After a few hours, Iam actually not as mad, so respect the Kings, they totally deserve that win, Iam not at all optimistic about Sunday but we will see how it goes, I know the players will me mad at how they played and might bring it but it might be too late, Kings are legit

It’s just a tough draw. Kings have so much momentum this year and having home advantage has obviously made a difference, opening the series 2 - 0 infront of a frenzied home crowd.

I have always felt experience counts massively in game 7s, so I feel the Warriors should have an edge.

But my takeaway is it has been a great series. Two coaches who know each other so well meaning there are big ebbs and flows from one game to the next and within games. And so many clutch performers on both teams. So no hate on any of the players, win or lose. You’d be disappointed if the Warriors don’t get it done but hard to be too annoyed about it imo (easy for me to say).

Nice bet!

But the pace of the playoffs from here definitely does NOT suit LeBron / AD. Every other night and both are not 100% (although they may never be “100%” through a playoff run again, of course).

If you don’t understand the absolute ridiculousness of your “point”, that’s on you.

Who said I’m getting annoyed? If you can’t handle facts it seems you’re the one getting annoyed hun xoxo

Lakers beating Memphis is not an underdog story considering the injuries.

Butters I know you are not a fan of the Lakers but surely you can see a path to at least the conference finals now..

Like you said previously all it takes is an injury to Durant or Jokic and this NBA championship is wide open

Well look, technically it was an underdog story as Memphis were favourites before the series began

• Advertisement

Not a chance. Either Sac or GS takes them easily.

Honestly if you stopped the fanboy crap for a minute you’d see it.

Ffs that was extreme sarcasm. Do you really need to have that explained to you??

What part of 4-1 is not delivering?

If you are talking about previous years, they are periods to be learned from and improve upon. There's lots of history of teams learning how to become championship winning teams. The Bulls for three years before they won their first title in '91. The Lakers before the Shaq/Kobe three in a row. The Spurs before they won three in five years.

Even the Heat super team of LeBron/Bosh/Wade lost one before they won two.

Again lads, Space Jam: A New Legacy is not a documentary.

The intensity of the Sac - GS series is on a different level to that of the Lakers/Grizz. Whoever comes out of that hammers the Lakers (barring injury).

“Lads” ?

I said above that they are rightly dogs in the next round. Johnny is just being hopeful after making a nice bet a couple of months back.

You’re arguing against a straw man on this one.

Yeah I don't know why people think you are saying the Lakers are going to win.

Jesus I cannot wait for SUNS/NUGGS

“lads” is an accepting colloquialism and collective noun used for addressing more than one person collectively. It’s also gender neutral, but apologies if English isn’t your first language and you’re never heard this before.

Sorry also for assuming your gender if you’re offended by that too.

🙄

• Advertisement

No you are right about the teams you referenced but do you think Jokic/Murray are on the level of the players you mentioned and capable of bringing a championship to Denver with all teams being healthy?...

Advertisement