Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I can't find anything quick and I have to leave for work (again, so annoying), so I just leave it be today. GL with your punts, in them sprint races 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

thanks hun 😁

complexity of cards leaves me want to leave racing off for today

might tackle tomorrow's later

have a good un j@u ☺️

an outsider wins

Princess Karine in the van , fades , but holds on for third

other pick - Ventura Flame - never involved

Dandy Dinmont only 4th

loss of shrapnel incurred - not 2 bad all told

enuf racing for me today

😊

Howya, let's see who's gonna entertain us today... Sandown abandoned (too much rain), onto Donny...

Donny 5:05 Quercus Robur 4/1 is on a slight drift now, partly because HT tipped Justus in the same race, I like Quercus chances back over 2miles just the fact that he's up in class is against him. He's didn't justify favoritism in southwell but won well in newcastle twice over this distance before, I don't think catterick is his type of course and that was over shorter, I think he can be in the mix, long straight in Donny similar to Nctl can help him outstay his opposition .

There's a good few races with big fields in Doncaster today, my head starts spinning a second after opening the card, PP is stingy with paying extra places too, just in the first race 5 places paid.

• Advertisement

morning j@u and folks 😊

me noggin's too groggy an' all

like us mate t'Wench, albeit latterly; i's decided in days recent just to concentrate on ye flatte, but, as mentioned above by hers truly, Donny sho do look tricky 🤣

if i find e'er a one, i'll put one up, but possibly not today.....

:)

just shy of two hours til first race at Donny: Good-good to soft in places were t;Going stated for Donny, when y'day me glanced at card

just as well me no wasted me time studying, cos it's now Soft - good to soft in places

some persistent rain here last night / late last eve, but i didn't notice it being that heavy - mebbe cos i were mostly indoors

must've been similar, or a lot worse across t'pond, to change the going

#have noticed "trap 4" won last two renewals of the Doncaster 7f opener - both were on Good to firm and in fields of 11 and 14 runners tho, if that makes a diff

looked at the one drawn 4, the lightly-raced and first-time cheekpiece wearing El Royale ~ 10/1, and it's hard to make a case for Appleby horse in 1.40

Hoots Toots ~5/1 fav/joint fav #don't scream winner to me. lightly-raced, and has hit a purple patch recently winning his last three races. the 2nd and 3rd last ones were over 1m on AW at Southwell, and t'Grey's lto did come on the turf, and over 7f on soft going at Thirsk, but in a slow time. hard to find fault with that form - time notwithstanding - as horse travelled like a dream throughout

#but what do I know!

only looked at a few here in 1.40, and they're mostly all-weather merchants in t'main, so perhaps i were 'asty discounting 'oots Toots. try going WIN only on HOOTS TOOTS in Doncaster 1.40 @ ~ 7/1 on exchanges.. might've been race ran in slowish time, but can only beat what's in front of yer, and horse looks on t'improve

HARD !

1.40 Donny

had a cursory at them all: The Field summed up: a few are lightly raced with relatively no 7furlong form at all, most are AW winners/runners - some multiple winners in that sphere at 6 and 7furlongs, plenty have solid form on turf over 7furlongs - but very little soft ground form on the turf at all, and many are prolific turf runners - but what've hardly ever raced on going what's heavy or worse,,,

,,,, have a luuk - yis'll see !!!!

from being lukewarm on HOOTS TOOTS, i've now given that selection, a rare in times recent NB Next Best endorsement

don't really know why, but i'll also go each way on ONE LAST HUG ~ 18s

me brain hurts 😷 😂

gl all

You've pretty summed up my thoughts about 1:40, not going near to it, the only one that my eye is drawn to is Two Summers but now she's in the stronger race again although she was quite fancied in class 5 affair last time over further but this is 17 runners with ??? marks good and bad over them, so no go.

Nothing is really jumping off the page but still I'm in need of some distraction throughout the day (day off work today finally), so I'll go with these, all shorties:

2:50 Tyke 4/1 - recent winner, he was running green all over the place and still won well, the other two market principals might not be ready to strike yet;

4:00 Westerton 9/4 - I'll go with HT pick in this one, just for the crack of it, HT has hit a rich vein lately, you never know, his write-ups are always very convincing;

And stick with the Quercus Robur in 5:05, there's some money coming for him now, missed that 4/1, so annoying.

My notebook has 3 suggestions for 5:35 Inspired Knowhow, Juryman and Royal Razzmatazz, I looked at them but decided not to get involved, and if I had to, Juryman probably would be the one - caught my eye with late progress and his seasonal return lto. Also Nibrass Rainbow is interesting, like it's not enough 🤣

I should really do some reviews of the previous few days of racing but not feeling it yet, gotta get out to get some fresh air in. C ya.

• Advertisement

both finished in bottom half of field - luckily enuf I didn't watch the race 😪

apologies to anyone what followed :(

it's a sign methinks - enough for today

have backed two of miss j@utis' three picks - all bar the one in the ~2m race, and dat'll do me

g'day all :)

Wrong ones again 🤣 Juryman was the easy winner in the last, which I didn't back of course, I also backed wrong HT tip - the other one won, ah well. Tyke didn't like the ground by the looks of it, Quercus is more of class 6 material after all... I hope you had better day's gambling, OP.

ta j@utisee 😃

no joy today, but not much losses neither 😊

5 flat meets on tomorrow - 2much to study

what with the drastic going changes, it seems pointless bothering to look until a race or two into ye meets

not gonna force meself into picking a pick just for the sake of things

me brain hurts, 'nd me noggin's groggy too 😁

if i see owt tomorrow, i'll put it up, but no study tonight. usually find nighttime is best time for study, in general, but this heavy weather just has us plum tuckered out 😓

hope you've an enjoyable wkend missus 🤧

l'OP numero deux 😋

So many flat races and so little cards that are somewhat study-able 😅 I just flicked through Wolverhampton and nothing tempting there, except in the last 9:00 fav Okeanos is on the up but unproven over 8f, won well over 7f lto, but does he want 8? Inexplicable might find this race coming too soon, only ran 4 days ago, etc...

Ripon: R1 novice sprint - pass; R2 10f novice - pass (fav Bleak most likely); R3 class3 2miler - too many ??? pass; R4 sprint - pass; R5 another class 2 afair, nope; R6 - meh; R7 sprint cl4 hdc which I should stay away from BUT Brooklyn 99 went off as 1/2 fav last time like a huge run was anticipated, almost failed to deliver but clearly is kept in high regard by the connections, so I have to chip in...

And one more nibble on Insse Gall in first in Haydock, PP is paying 4 places. He ran a very decent race on seasonal debut lto when pulling away in the first 3 home. Hannon's horse (fav) obviously has strong claims and must be respected.

That's it for today, with so many uncertainties surrounding racing these days it's better to sit it out imo. It'll take a week or two for things to settle down a bit.

Morning j@u 😊

bit sickened at the difficulty levels of racing meself - omens is telling us "don't waste our time"

Looked at Al Mubhir's (10/11 fav in Leicester 3.05) race , and thought I could find chinks - not really, but i tried finding a better priced alternative

pen tentatively (not an assured stayer o'er 1m) on Wobwobwob there, who's not an assured stayer, but was 10s in paper, and tho heavy ground is also a concern, a moderate staying on 4th lto at Redcar over 7, looked respectable enough in context of race

checked prices a few mins ago, and he's into ~ 15/2 from 14s! might've had a lil win at 10s - he don't really seem an each way pick -esp as it's 7 horse race

Maysong ~7/1 has similarish claims to me pick, but don't really appeal neither, at prices

no bettee there

F'SAKE

might as well leave dis racing craic off

:)

done your Brooklyn Nine Nine j@u

and a few of t'Kids picks (the three at 9/2 or bigger) over in horsey horserace forum

no inspiration at all , me

there'll be more and more and even more racing in wks/days upcoming

☺️

Insse Gall out of places by a neck. Not a great start.

4,10 Ripon

racecard says "Soft" is going - like a fool, i'll believe them 😋

plenty of these are 6f winners, and would mainly prefer betterer ground, imo

pen landed on two each way hopefuls, at prices: MONDAMMEJ 14/1 EW , INTRINSIC BOND 14/1 EW

difficult to give them concrete claims , but i can't rule em out at prices. plus, am not seeing any "dangers" (ones what look to have live or obvious chances)

could do worse than have €2 each way on t'brace

gl

• Advertisement

5.15 Ripon

looked at a few of them. I think Isla Kai ~ 9/2 , and Darkness ~ 10/3 are opposable

not too bad thought I - might get one at a price

Looked at Harker's Scottish Summit, and thought: "albeit a 10yo, he's got 'back in day' soft ground form, so will do"

price gone on that one too - 12s from 18s :( 😒

small each way on SCOTTISH SUMMIT 12/1 regardless. aint got a bad draw neither (box 8) ,, last two winners came from boxes 7 & 6 (altho they were on top o' 'ground)

looked at very few else of them

😊

in sme race Shigar ~11/2 is on the drift, and can't be ruled out

is lightly raced, and would deffo (at the prices) appeal as a 'value' bet. don't feel like backing a 'value loser' should he go on and not prevail; open to improvement, 2nd lto back in August over a mile on soft ground at Newmarket.

that was Class4 and he's on back of a long enough layoff, but can't be ruled out

might back him straight win on another day, but not today

had a look at them all, and it's just mehh,,,

ground could well change an' all - unlikely at this stage - racecard still giving "Soft"

just the one pick for me

:(

Intrinsic Bond goes close, but was nabbed late on 😓

Mondammej out da places

Danny Mullins with the perfect ride on Love Envoi for uncle Willie.

sarcasm so 😋

didn't see the race - stone last the 13/8 j/jolly finished

John McConnell doing very well lately,, another 25 Bags for coming second there with Anna Bunina - ata big price

oh , i gettit now !!

Danny were riding a "foreign" horse - one not trained by Willie

penny droppeth here 😂

was wrong about Isla Kai (being opposable) - wins at 6s :(

Scottish Summit places @16s (3rd) so dat's summat - summit - "summat" heheheh 😋

Right before the off Ruby said "The last place I'd be lining up is to the left of Brandy Love."

Where did Mullins have Love Envoi... conjoined to the left of Brandy Love the whole way around haha. After two hurdles in particular she ended up in the middle of the track. I'd say Love Envoi covered an extra two mile.

Twitter wasn't happy haha.

not seen the race. will watch replay later on

disgusting when a horse isn't "given every opportunity" 😒

• Advertisement

strange ride on Brooklyn Nine Nine - clocked him in last half of race

why didn't jockey bring him out wide earlier? 😥 ? he was caught on rail behind eventual winner and third in front of him - very strange. another 5yds 'nd he'd have got up - despite being in a seemingly improbable (going by commentator - said he was well back) position around mid-point of race 😪

good pick j@u , but no collecte :(

lotta crossbar jobs on thread today 😓

Advertisement