Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Well done Si. He deserves at least a decider. We deserve a decider. Let's hope we get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well fair play to Si.

I don't know why people get tattoos. Especially tattoos like that, so prominent. You've to live with looking at that 💩 for the rest of your life.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Didn't see that miss coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Agreed and people put thought into getting them. The odd small neat nice meaningful tattoo- I understand- but Brecel looks like how my homework book used to look at school loads of scribbles

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

All about this red on cushion - unlucky Si -good snooker

Big moment coming up if Si plays this red down the cushion.

That's the end of this match so.

So disappointed for Si

• Advertisement

Such a contrast in emotions for both players. Terrific for Brecel, absolutely gut wrenching for Si.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gutted for Si. Fair play to Brecel. Hopefully Allen comes through the other semi.

Hope it positively affects Si. Fair play to Brecel - didnt think he had it in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Fair play to Brecel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Some great snooker over those sessions and some hard to watch moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

WD Luca !!

I give him a better chance of beating Selby in final, than what I'd have given Si

he don't care about being far behind, and pressure doesn't seem to affect him too much

great pot on last red to virtually clinch it 🙂

Si very unlucky on same red shot previous - just missed a bigger contact on black - hit it thicker and red would've dropped. small margins

hon Mark Allen !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

He’s not likely to feel more pressure than he did in that match so hopefully that will help him cope better in the future.

I don't think I've ever felt as bad for a player losing a match. Hopefully he comes back stronger for this experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

John Parrot’s openness about his ignorance of the lower ranked players and smaller tournaments is hilarious. How can you be a paid pundit and go on TV and say you’ve never even heard of these players. Theres only 128 players to keep track of, not that difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,528 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I can’t see Brecel’s fly by the seat your pants style working against Selby, or Allen

• Advertisement

it's no secret that JP watches very little snooker - I'd say Ken don't watch much more

Parrot's prolly playing golf every day - when Fouldsy , Angles and Jimmy are practicing or watching the snooker - proper snooker men them, great analysts/pundits too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

As good as Brecel was, coming back from 14-5 down just doesn't happen without your opponent falling apart.

I agree I think Selby and Allen will be too savvy for Brecel, especially Selby, in no universe does Brecel come back like that against Selby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Gutted for Si he looked on the edge of tears when Rob Walker brought up about the missed green last night.

Unbelievable semi final. Compared to the absolute drudgery of the other one, that was a delight. Simultaneously gutted for Si and delighted for Luca.

they/them/theirs

Don't think Brecel stands a chance against either Selby or Allen in the final tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

A delight? Si completely fell to pieces and looked no matter than a pub player 10 deep for the second half of the match. I thought it was fairly poor in terms of tension and entertainment. It was clear there was only going to be one winner from 11-14 tbh.

Compared to the other semi, absolutely a delight.

they/them/theirs

That pocket again. Ridiculous.

time to make a mugga tea here 😁

• Advertisement

nope - Selby didn't hang about there; was his only option I guess

Advertisement