Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭20silkcut

In the early days of this war there were efforts by certain groups like anonymous etc to contact ordinary people in Russia through random telephone numbers and convince them that the whole invasion business is a bad idea and maybe they should stop it.

Now a year later I am finding I am trying to convince some of my friends here in Ireland of the very same thing. It’s becoming a lot more regular , in day to day interactions, that I am hearing lads spouting about NATO aggression and how Russia is being portrayed unfairly by the western media. it’s always the same type of guys , the confident d1ckhead type who were anti vax etc during covid. it’s like they all collectively visit the same rabbit holes of the internet. Although I was shocked when my vet had the same views too. Whatever Russia are doing on the propaganda front it is successful and has changed the landscape since Feb 22. To be having such conversations in your own back yard with ordinary people is very disconcerting. And I don’t even bring it up. They are so primed by the propaganda they are spouting it voluntarily.

but I keep coming back to the same retort with them. NATO did not aggressively expand and all those former soviet bloc countries APPLIED to join NATO. They know what Russia is like we know sweet F all about it. They have no answer and there is no answer to that. Those countries suffered by their proximity to Russia there is no two ways about it. We know nothing of what they went through here in Ireland. I challenge any apologist or tankie reading this to address that issue. I’d say I’ll be waiting. Why did all those countries rush to join NATO as soon as they could???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

I think there's a tendency in many (all?) people to veer towards the easy path or answer, when an issue is not affecting them in a very real way. So they think, this war thing has dragged on too long now, my cost of living has gone up... maybe Russia was right and felt threatened by Europe, sure just let them own whatever these parts of Ukraine are and let's forget about it. Aren't they all Russians anyway, who cares yada yada. It's a lazy, self serving narrative but that's human nature. What will shake these people up, is when they get hit hard and directly affected. So say a Russian hack on bank services in the country that closes down the financial system for ordinary folk or the destruction of communication cables, pipelines. As long as Russia just threatens this and does nothing about it, their propaganda is an easy sell as it's what people want to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭macraignil

Your words were:

"Looks like Kherson is to be evacuated due to Russian artillery strikes , hopefully the Ukrainians can remove the majority of people,and anyone who wants to stay dragged kicking and screaming away ,"

Your link just has a quotation from a brief sky news report of an official talking about making contingency plans. Do you not see any difference between what you said and the report you provided a link to?

Over the last few weeks there have been a growing number of your points on this thread that seem very far away from any one elses interpretation of the information coming from Ukraine. For example where did you get the figure that Ukraine only has 40,000 artillery shells? This type of information I would have thought would be highly classified yet you talk anbout it as if you know these numbers as facts.

@macraignil For example where did you get the figure that Ukraine only has 40,000 artillery shells? This type of information I would have thought would be highly classified ..

Again not what I said , I never said ukraine only has 40,000 artillery shells , no where did I say that

" For example where did you get the figure that Ukraine only has 40,000 artillery shells? This type of information I would have thought would be highly classified "

Why would it be highly classified and by who

• Advertisement

To Quote what you said in full just in the last page of the thread:

"Not if they don't receive the 1 million shells that they were promised don't materialise ,were half way through the year and they received 40,000 ,

What's the current shell use for Ukraine on a monthly basis?

Langley, Virginia"

Obviously the Ukrainians are not going to publicise exactly how many artillery shells they get for tactical reasons and they would be the ones to keep this information classified, so how are you so confident you know the number?

So where in that does it say I said "ukraine only has 40,000 artillery shells "

So you said I said ,and your still going

You didn't read a post properly and tried to put words into my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I pray to God a summer counter offensive liberates all of Kherson oblast. It's the only thing that would save Kherson city from constant artillery shelling.

They'll still use missiles but artillery is the main killer. Mykolaiv used to get this Russian treatment but since Kherson city was freed it's subsided.

More on the Russian missle which was recently discovered in Poland,fired 5 months ago,

This could have major implications for Nato ,the missle which was apparently found in a Polish Forrest was a cruise missile carrying a dummy warhead to distract Ukrainian air defense,but this cruise missile is a Ch-55/Ch-555 whos primary role is to carry a nuclear warhead,

But yet went unnoticed by the poles and NATO, a potential nuclear weapon landed in a Nato country despite NATO ISR aircraft flying over ukraine since day one ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭zv2

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” — Voltaire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,356 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

This just proves my very point Chinese whosperers is trying to argue with me about.

Either he gets bunked off or he challenges Putin publicly,how many times is this now where he's publicly lambasted the military while begging for ammunition,

I gave you the complete quotation of what you said and asked you a simple question. How do you get this 40,000 figure? Apologies if I did not get your exact statement completely correct in the first attempt but it was the number that I was finding to be the interesting part of what you were saying or to be more correct how you were so sure of this number as it was used in your post exactly as I quoted since then. No intention by me of putting words in your mouth. Your words were:

"Not if they don't receive the 1 million shells that they were promised don't materialise ,were half way through the year and they received 40,000 ,"

I also asked you if you could see the difference between what you said about the evacuation of Kherson and what is said in the article you linked to from sky news? I am still waiting for you to explain the difference between what you claim is to happen and the story in the article which is substantially different. So as to avoid confusion I am most interested in knowing how you decided:

"Looks like Kherson is to be evacuated due to Russian artillery strikes , hopefully the Ukrainians can remove the majority of people,and anyone who wants to stay dragged kicking and screaming away ,"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Fire need to be bigger, but good start.

@macraignil I am still waiting for you to explain the difference between what you claim is to happen and the story in the article which is substantially different

Substantial difference between them planning to evacuate Kherson and planning to evacuate Kherson due to Russian artillery,

Are saying they are not planning to evacuate Kherson due to Russian artillery at all ,

I don't think you have any real point here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

We are still waiting for some evidence of these gases - plural - other than CS, that you said Ukraine is using. Days it's been now.

The article says they had made an order for plans for an evacuation to be made and you said it was to happen. This is substantially diffferent. It is possible to make a plan and not actually carry it out. I don't know how to make this point any clearer to you.

The Ukrainian armed forces are making efforts to destroy moskovyte artillery every day so I'm hoping large scale evacuation plans for civilians they might make never become necessary and it is the moskovytes who are the ones who see the need to evacuate from Ukraine.

And the 40,000 artillery shell figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Yea I’m not saying it will happen , I was mainly commenting in relation to the other poster that was mentioning the advancement of the Information Age in Russia, I was merely saying that bar Moscow and st Petersburg that it’s not really the case, and that possibly they are the only 2 cities in Russia that anything could likely happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I said it 12months ago and I'm saying it again now. That prick of a lying Russian ambassador and his henchmen need to be thrown out of the country straight away!

@macraignil The article says they had made an order for plans for an evacuation to be made and you said it was to happen.

Are they planning to evacuate Kherson yes ,

No substantial difference there ,

• Advertisement

The kirch Bridge is busy tonight....

But I'm sure it could be claimed it's really busy, it's just slow traffic and Bank holiday traffic.......

But .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭saabsaab

AT least call him into the DoFA yto get a right dressiing down. How dare he threaten us.

Watch give it a month and it will be announced that they are expanding the number of diplomat's being stationed in the Russian embassy here

If you can't see the difference between making a plan and what you said:

then I'm finished trying to explain it to you as you clearly have no interest in presenting information on russian actions in Ukraine accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Should be a few more sent packing until only only he is left on his own!

Looks like Russia is using missles recently produced in Ukraine despite various claims they either cant or are too corrupt to do it ,

Either Russia Still has the production ability or they have found a way to source weapons from other sources.

Can you imagine,I'm here all alone and the Irish won't feed me ,and the lights are turned off ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭jmreire

Well given that the powerful Silovicki and less powerful Oligarchs' reside in either Moscow or St. Petersburg, you are probably right, especially when the body bags start to mount up, but even more important for these people ( because they will avoid being drafted, because Putin needs their support) is the sight of their fortunes dwindling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

That Yevgheny Priogzhin is a horrible looking man. Evil has twisted his facial features. I'd compare him to Pluto from The Hills Have Eyes, but that would be an unflattering comparison to the actor and nice guy, Michael Berryman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement