Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Selby getting the run of the balls this evening

major fluked red in jaws of corner to opposite middle earlier

misses a reasonably easy plant there and leaves nowt :(

if it wasn't for good luck, Selby'd have no luck at all ;)

jammy hitting that blue and getting a good position on colour

nice red tho

• Registered Users Posts: 55,528 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hendry’s a bit annoying. He doesn’t seem happy unless it’s 100 percent lot success and century after century

• Registered Users Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Huge run and Mark having very little but playing poorly too.

its extremely annoying just watching but for the players too.. the guy.. and it sounds like, the same guy who is repeatedly coughing almost between every shot, players have been down on shots or close… it genuinely sounds like the fella escaped from an emphysema ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,528 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Allen just cannot get firing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,317 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was nowhere near that last missed pot.

Mark Allen (after getting no luck earlier - white ended up stuck on black - 2 rolls less and he'd have a sitter of a red)

phone rings just after... "could ya turn off phones please", sez the ref

MA: quick as a flash: "It's the police - I was robbed" 😂

best banterer in the game, is Mark, imo 🙂

between bad luck and a few errors, MA is in, or close to Shredsville territory here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,183 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SMH. Allen won't win missing reds like that to the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

All over I fear. Allen's playing like a broken man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

• Advertisement

If that missed red attempt had a little more pace almost came across the table and back into the same pocket for Allen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,262 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I came home this evening, watched back the other final session from this afternoon, couldn't take my eyes off it.

This is putting me into a mild coma.

If Selby wins (which looks likely) i really hope that Brecel comes out swinging, and wrecks his head with attacking play. I think he was the more likely of himself and Si to be able to cope with Selby's pace of play.

Delighted that Si nicked back one more frame before the end, what an amazing game that was in all respects!! Hats off to the pair of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Selby is playing fairly poorly and is still going to coast to victory, this is excruciating viewing.

even his safety is letting him down; finding it hard to find the baulk cushion

leaves a red, and Selby in - just one point accrued , tf

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

I genuinely think Allen won't win another frame here. As the BBC commentators are saying, he's got bogged down into a hole. No sign of inspiration. yet 🙄

and again - left cueball well over a foot off cushion - after t'Jester got his first piece of bad luck this eve, when potting black into opposite corner the red went in

Right, I'm out - life's far too short to waste on the likes of this.

I'm relying on you lot to keep me up to speed on what's happening (or not!!)

Virgo and Hendry talking about the 2020 semi-final. Saying that after Selby accused Ronnie of being disrespectful. It was, he just blasted the balls when in difficult situations and behind towards the end of the match. But it worked as it got under Selby's skin.

Selby is 15-10 up. Looks like it's over. Allen has been poor, but it's not like Selby is shooting the lights out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Same, cba watching that snooze fest. Will tune in for the start of the final in the hope Brecel is on form to make it watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Selby was very rattled after that. Most (including me) thought e Ronnie gave up.

Ronnie’s logic was he might as well lose a quicker frame rather than get bogged down in long safety which he was likely to lose.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

Match is well past its Sel-by date!

I'll see myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Davis just called Selby a Boa Constrictor. Gives you an idea how match is going.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Don't see Selby giving up a lead like this.

Lovely opening red from Allen from distance. Has to make something start happening.

I thought Allen aimed far too up the cushion to knock that red over the edge of the pocket in. And Selby has another great chance make a sizeable contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Great break from Selby, the closer the finish line gets the stronger he becomes, sign of a real champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Very good century from selby

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Has everyone else fallen into a coma as well???

I couldn't resist having another peek to see if it was all over - Allen keeping himself back from the brink, but not a post on here for the last 40 mins...

I cannot get over the contrast between the two semis!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Should be Allen’s frame this now.

Advertisement