Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s your most controversial opinion? **Read OP** **Mod Note in Post #3372**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Transgender people are possibly mentally ill - it's not possible to be a man/women in an opposite body.

It gives me ' I drive a Kia but it's definitely a Mercedes' vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Nah their not... they are just following the current trend....

I would guarantee that 90%+ of the current young "trans" people will be married with children in 10 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭purifol0

They're not following the trend, they are actively being indocrinated in our schools.

Posted in theJournal today:

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/transgender-secondary-school-6054859-Apr2023/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If by 'indoctrinated', you mean 'told that something that has existed for thousands of years exists', then yes, you might be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Run Forest Run

Every person on this planet, should have the right to no longer exist.

The right to die for everyone. Not just people who are terminally ill - everyone. It should be a universal human right.

People should not have to die scared and alone and in some horrific agonising way in desperation. It's a bad reflection on our society that we allow this to happen each and every year.

There are some advocacy groups fighting for these rights. Like this group: www.therighttonolongerexist.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That whole article smacks of the same kind of cultural indoctrination good old Catholic Ireland was firing at kids. I remember the last years of it in my own schooling, the Father Trendy speaking mostly bollocks in conforting tones and getting the more easily led kids to back them up, and of course the same "the kids don't question nearly so much as adults" that religions often come up with. Of course they don't, they're kids. The Jesuit line of give me the boy and I'll give you the man springs to mind. Well maybe in this case give me the boy and I'll give you the woman.

And like that indoctrination he's spouting more than a few instances of nonsense. EG It’s a scientific classification and apart from about 1.7% of the global population, (around the same number of people born with red hair) who have biological traits of both sexes. Nope. For a start most don't have "biological traces of both sexes". That's bollocks right there. The 1.7 percent number regualrly trotted out by the Trans lobby has been widely questioned and debunked, though they keep on spouting it. Note too how it's framed like red hair to "normalise" it. Oh well we all know people with red hair... The figure for actual Intersex folks in the population is more like 0.2-0.3.

The other problem for the gender fluid lobby is that the overwhelming majority of Intersex people aren't Trans and the overwhelming majority of Trans people are 100% biologically either male or female. Bringing Intersex folks into their frame is really not the win they think it is. Then again just like gender to these eejits, facts are also "fluid". So we have gender that is both innate and deeply felt regardless of one's wedding tackle, yet fluid regardless of one's wedding tackle, based on Patriarchal concepts of men and women that are also constructs so don’t really exist anyway. Schrodinger's bollocks.

"Historically, in western society, there were just two genders" Ahh yes, let's frame the big bad West for being so rigid. Standard operational procedure for the Right On. They reserve much of their ire for the same Western socities that actually give far more rights and respect to people who are different than pretty much any out there. Slight problem there too though, the vast majority of all societies across the world and throughout history had only two genders. It's not just a "Western" thing. Not even close.

Of course he then rattles out the worn out catechism of The Patriarchy(TM) at the end just like a good little adherent of the faith. Mostly bollocks here too and note the kids tell him it is, but of no matter let's all join hands and pray away the realities.

The existed for thousands of years angle is also extremely dubious and far more about framing the past and past cultures through our own terribly fashionable and current lens. So we have a character like Hatshepsut, a female Egyptian Pharoah and a bloody good one too, who after her husband went to the big pyramid in the sky took over and because of the cultures attitude to women aped male aspects in her representations to legitimise her reign. Now of course she was actually Trans according to some loolahs. Find a woman's skeleton in a prehistoric grave with grave goods more like the men's, or a man's skeleton found with what could be women's grave goods? Yep, Trans. The same kind of loolahs who wind up thinking Cleopatra of the Ptolemy's was Black. It;s far more about cultural lenses and current identity politics. Some cultures had Two Spirit type individuals, men who were more feminine, women who were more masculine. Others didn't and if they found someone like that were often less than gracious about them or their continued existence. Pick your poison. Interestingly long before the very current Trans trend the same long dead folks and cultures were painted as Gay people, or cultures that were OK with being Gay. Brain scans have been similarly hijacked by the Trans lobby. (Tiny)study finds more Trans people have areas of the brain more like their preferred gender! Yeah and so do more Gay folks. Does this mean being Gay means you're Trans? Might come as a shock to Gay people. Much larger studies appear to show differences are not nearly so stark and not so linked to either one's sexuality or gender.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Wibbs is not the most intelligent poster on Boards 😂

Maybe listen to the kids , they’ve a far superior grasp on it then some incel with a keyboard

some day in the not too dim and distant, scientific advancements & VR etc, will be able to give each Gender the #opposite experience/s / pleasure/s

CO : a lot of folk'll feel ripped off (on top of 'ripped out' etc ) then 🙂 🤩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

What kids ?

tell kids that anything needs to be seen and they will believe it , that’s why their kids and why their parents decide what is appropriate

You know that kids don’t catch the gay or the trans from hearing about it?

Shame how parents don’t get to decide what kids hear about religion in schools.

That’s really good, did you come up with that yourself? ( we tell our kids that not everyone believes in God including us )

No, I used an AI service to produce the post, but thanks anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I know a fair few Gay men and women who grew up in Catholic Ireland and didn't catch the Hetero, so I do know that. It's a stupid non argument on your part anyway.

Trans is another matter however. There have been a few studies looking into the role social contagion and peer intrractions play in teenaged kids, particularly girls in coming out as Trans. To the degree it's been described as "Rapid onset gender dysphoria" with concommitant negative trends in mental health and parent/child relationships. Never mind that 62% had previously presented with underlying mental health and developmental disabilities, being on the autism spectrum the most common by far. So a child already feeling "uncomfortable in their own skin", on top of the usual adolescent stuff, on top of being on the spectrum and maybe Gay is being told by authority figures like teachers and reinforced by social media that they're Trans. Now that would be all fine and dandy to a point, if it wasn't being treated in medical interventions with hormones and even surgery. That's something they can't "grow out of" or indeed into.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭pgj2015

And there was a protest organized about the rip off insurance prices and no one turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think it might have been because the Government handed it over to Revenue and people guessed the jig was up when that happened.

What teachers or programmes are telling kids that they're trans?

What you're seeing (via self-selected surveys) is that if you tell kids that it's OK to be trans, that we'll support you if you are trans, is that kids will be more honest and open about being trans, instead of being forced to suppress such a basic part of their personality for years or decades, with all the consequent negative impacts on their mental health.

We heard all the same stuff about the 'epidemic' of autism, when really, it's just that more people were being diagnosed than before.

Scottish whisky is a nasty and brutish drink.

• Advertisement

I was at heathers the musical yesterday with my daughter and it would bring a tear to the eye how safe it was for a whole diverse range of teens , listen to the kids !

While presumably a profitable move for business, outsourcing of customer service ( call centres to India etc ) has not been to the customers advantage, most Indian or foreign customer service agents are hopeless

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

About as many as 80% of people who attain positions of leadership and responsibility.. be it socially, in business or whatever are not ever within an asses roar ever of being the right or appropriate candidate to take on said jobs, leadership or responsibilities… and just subsequently let others down and negatively impact people, situations and the intrinsic values of fairness and justice….

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I used to believe the old saying if you meet one *sshole a day, they are an *sshole. If you meet loads of *ssholes, you are the *sshole. Now I firmly believe that the world is just full of *ssholes. Not even sure if it's even an opinion anymore, simply a fact, let alone controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Teenagers in general are complete idiots, anyone advocating "listen to the kids" as a way of running the world really need to cop themselves on, truth is most kids know nothing and just go along with whatever trendy cause is fashionable in their day.

The whole listen to the kids brigade are generally a bunch of insecure adults who want to be seen by everyone else as being modern and progressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,923 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

So going by your own logic, if you think the world is full of asßholes then that means you, yourself are and asßhole.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

100%, varying levels of assholes admittedly. I did, initially, mean that there are lots of *ssholes but now that you say it, maybe I am wrong, maybe everyone is an *sshole, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

There is someone you've come across who have a dislike to you.....for a reason you may never know.

To them, you're an as$h0le

• mod

A controversial opinion thread does not = a free for all thread. Please everyone ensure your post lines up with the forum charter and/or site rules before posting.

Thanks

• Advertisement

If ya are a "Kin" watcher from abroad, ya'd swear that White folk are close to a minority ethnicity in Dooblin 😄

Viking's woman , Michael's kid , Viking's Brief , the Asian Secretary/Assistant type in Solicitor's office , Amanda's Brief , Kem (albeit deceased)

apart from the main/extended family, quite a few of the home-based (not counting the Turks) characters are "non-honkies" 🤗

the ones in bold are ones which feature heavily , or at least in several scenes

likely i've missed a few

Advertisement