Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Thought BT was the host broadcaster for ERC semi

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Clontarf_Jazz

the only downside to today was Jordan Larmour who looked like he has just voted himself his outside chance of a trip to the world cup - he so lazy, a & is no o James Lowe, & a defensive liability - he never comes in inside o contribute because they don't trust him- he's a busted flush who will be lucky to be playing for Connacht in 2 seasons time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

There is a serious need to establish the backups to Lowe and Hansen in the irish side. Jimmy is going well, Stockdale is getting his form back and nash is probably the next form winger in the league all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Barnes saw the Porter incident. He was playing advantage because of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just back and showered from the stadium. Very happy with that win given how apprehensive I was beforehand.

Thought Ryan and Conan were top notch today. Ringrose as well though not to their level. Will have to watch it back though as the angle we were at was low enough and we couldn't see much.

Did see the Neti/VDF incident though, someone sent me it. VDF is moving (to call it charging as some have is laughable) toward a ruck and Neti launches himself at him and pushes him back. VDF moves forward again with more intent to try and disrupt the ruck and annoy Neti, and Neti braces then launches his head into VDF. VDF is then taken down by him and Aldegheri (Toulouse three) who then has an elbow lying on VDF's neck/head and pushes off his head to get back up - to an extent that the lineman has to come onto the pitch to stop him.

To call it anything but a headbutt, to say VDF initiated it, to claim VDF also deserves a card, to say it's not even a penalty or a yellow card, all of these things are laughably one eyed (not to mention straight up incorrect) and don't deserve to be taken seriously.

As for Porter, definitely a penalty. It's borderline off the ball and he's dropped him on his back. Will get looked at, but it's never a red card so I can't see much happening.

Post edited by Dave_The_Sheep on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

Thought Barnes indicated penalty advantage for Ngatai seat belt tackle on Dupont, although he saw the Porter incident ( which was reckless).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think BOD has a bet on with someone on Larmour making the squad. Every single thing he did was getting effusive praise. He had an OK game, not sure what was lazy about it, though he made one stupid decision not to kick when running it out was clearly not on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'm really torn when I watch Leinster. Because they have so many of the Irish team, I want them to do well but their supporters (on here anyway) are insufferable. To me, in real time as it happened, I felt that YC was debatable. He raised his head up but not in order to headbutt VDF. ROG will have his team better prepared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Some Supporters of every province are insufferable you just don’t notice it when you agree with them. The problem is a small few with chips on their shoulders come in and make dickish comments and get the reaction they wanted then others moaning about the reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

So what was Neti doing then? Regardless, the other Toulouse player had his arm around VDFs neck after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

The URC team went unbeaten all season apart from the 3rd team in SA against the Bulls. Yes it is knock out but I would expect the majority of the URC team with a few players like Henshaw/Ngatai/Jenkins who need minutes etc

I think the World should be very thankful to Leinster

After centuries of fighting English and French fans got united in bitterness towards Leinster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Missed that

Jenkins/Molony in 2nd row, Baird at 6

I can see Leo going for a calculated gamble v Sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭blackcard

Should Jimmy O'Brien have scored instead of knocking on?

I mean yeah, but it's one of those things that happens when you're getting tackled. If he didn't stretch as far as he could he'd have ended up in touch, ended up with one hand on the ball, it happens.

I was down that end and I thought he indicated new advantage for Porter, I'll watch it back

Maybe...was tackled hard, flying in the air, stretching with one hand

I know some people love to bash Larmour but its a bit tiresome now

All of the big games this season he has played in except for the Leicester which I expect he was rested for. He made an error by not kicking out in second half but he thought a break was on, he didn't do it again.

"busted flush" well I think Leo and Farrell will make that call

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,801 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Larmour was average enough for me today. My big problem with him today was the amount of times the play died with him in possession. His running sideways looking for a crack isn't working as, unlike ringrose, he's not actually that strong. Just be a little less greedy, draw that double tackle and get your hands free to off load. Easily said I accept, but maybe it's just down to trying too hard

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Mod: Some warnings handed out, the level of discourse from some posters needs to improve.

A reminder, this is the Leinster thread; views are going to be pro-Leinster.

Equally, this does not give Leinster posters free rein to insult other posters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A-Train

Never have I been so wrong and so happy to be so. Unreal performance and I doff my hat to the lad that replied to my post and said Leinster would win by a score or more. I wish I had your confidence and optimism the whole time.

Post edited by A-Train on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Would have to watch it back but thought at the game that Larmour had a very poor game. Didn’t look fit.

Two mistakes from Ramos, and then Leinster ratcheting it up and turning it on in the first sin-bin period the winning of that game.

I don’t think anyone can live with Leinster when they hit that gear, and always felt they could keep Toulouse at arms length from there, even allowing for some purple patches. ( The most impressive of the wins vs Toulouse for me).

Leinster should win it out from here.

Loathe to mention the Neti yellow, but as soon as he moves his head upwards, he’s risking a yellow. Right decision for me.

I think there’s an element of VdF knowing what he’s doing tho, and he did enter upright. I was half-expecting Barnes to give 2 yellows at one stage.

He never lost the ball from recollection apart from that brain fart, which I don't think Leinster lost the ball they just put themselves under pressure.

I actually think he has massively improved in the last 12 months in terms of getting involved in play etc like Lowe/Hansen. He is 25 and only coming up on his peak. For whatever reason a number of people just want to have a pop at him at every turn. Not saying you are but the previous poster.

Believe me Im not saying he had a great game today.

Go back a few seasons and you will probably find a lot of the people currently complaining about Larmour would have said the same about Ringrose :-)

Larmour was grand, but I think both he and JOB showed what we're missing without Lowe. They were perfectly functional as wingers without adding the extra dimension that Lowe does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

He spent a lot of time on his wing. Thats a wingers job. I know Lowe roams a lot (and so does O'Brien in some games) but thats an assigned thing and the coaches will probably assign one winger to roam and one to keep width.

When Ireland are playing usually one of Hansen and Lowe will roam while the other keeps width.

Its probably not the players decision.

Larmours instinct has always been to run it, even when he shouldnt, tho.

(I vaguely remember posting stats from the beginning of Farrell era where he was the starting FB but had, by a distance, the lowest metres kicked of any of the starting FB’s in the 6N).

I thought JGP kicked really well today; admittedly different kind of exit, but it went some way to make up for missing Lowe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

How often do you see that upward head motion at a ruck in games and how do you deal with it?

Advertisement