Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

Not true. The personal actions of one or two individuals does not tar the work of hundreds, nay thousands of others. If that were the case then Limerick GAA for example would also be in a bad place.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Community spirit would be good in Castlecomer feel sorry for the good people there abuse seems the way to go with certain people, In the casualty department of our local hospital last saturday with somebody an incident arose with a person that came in and one of the staff it horrified me told it was a regular every day issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Alonzo Moseley

Ah here, the Village revel in everyone else disliking them. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Galway u20 knocked out by offally. Obviously Tiernan Killeen was a loss and their best player Liam Collins is a sub for galway tomorrow. It's a Pity the gaa made a bags of this rule again. Ben o connor the cork u20 manager was also giving out stink about it aswell.

Wexford beat Westmeath In the other quater final

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I hadn't realised that Liam Collins is on the subs bench tomorrow. I'd imagine Galway folk won't be happy with his absence today. He really should have been with the under 20s. Last year Gavin Lee missed out and he's with the under 20s this year!!! Strange decisions.

• Advertisement

By the way, great display by Offaly, well deserved victory, they'll take beating.

Galway won four minor titles in a row, the fourth of which is that team today. They haven't managed to win an Under 20 titie from all those four wins at minor level. Makes you wonder.

Despite all of galways underage success it has to be fierce dissapointing for them that not many have made the transition to senior. The bulk of tomorrow's team won the all Ireland in 2017.

Liam Collins does look a talent but it's a different ball game at senior. Look at Jason flynn he still isn't a consistent starter. Fair play to offally they had a very good minor team last year and this was a great win.They certainly won't be a push over for anyone

Who do kk play next is it Wexford or offally? Drennan won't be to far away.Lyng said it wasn't as bad as initially feared and that was a few weeks ago. If we are to win the all Ireland we will need the 3 senior lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chg1980

Was talking to a county board official yesterday who wasn't happy with the stance taking by the referees. ref in question was terrible on the night and brought the abuse on himself. Very strange comments if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

I believe it's Antrim, Dublin and then Wexford

Dublin and Kilkenny in one hat and Offaly and Wexford in the other. That's my understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Marrooned

That would be correct Grats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 oneeyefromthebog

Any chance ur brave enough to supply name of County board offical.no wonder refs down tools.they have to deal with idiots on the bank and idiots in the county board.if people think standard is poor in kilkenny reffing.who is to blame who is responsible for the refs.the county board is mainly made up of lads who are not wanted in there own club .think there are beyond important because of a position they hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Kk v Wexford in the minor this Monday coming at 2 in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Are you saying the county board official said the ref was terrible on the night or is that what you're saying. Either way considering what has happened since it's an unbelievable stance to take. I've been at countless matches down through the years where the ref was, in my opinion, very poor but to say he brought that abuse on himself is beyond belief. Part of me thinks you're on a wind up. If not and the county board official said this then we've bigger problems than I thought. Crazy stuff! It's too serious a situation to be even contemplating one of our officials saying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

Super stuff in Limerick. What a watch so far with 20 mins to go. Munster hurling is always a great watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

I honestly think you should move to Munster or else your profile name is bull. Good game though 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Firstly the actions of an individual shouldn't be used as a stick to beat a club or county with.

Secondly I don't think any ref goes out to be unfair to any side. They're human and make mistakes. Also some react to back chat, and sideline shouting by panicking and making worse decisions.

It starts underage, we need a huge shift in interaction with refs. Rugby is probably the best model. We have a larger cohort of middle aged to older supporters in the GAA who've been mouthy for too long to change their behaviour easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Minor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

Limerick were threatening to overtake Kilkenny's record of 20/21? consecutive championship wins, gone by the wayside now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

I hope the poet in Comer is writing a letter to RTE tonight for not showing that game. Disgraceful carry on

• Advertisement

Would you ever grow up FFS that game has fuckall to do with Kilkenny gaa. it was on gaago if you really wanted to see it

Are you really saying that RTE didn't show Limerick v Clare because of a letter from a gobshite?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭forchange

No referee deserves to be treated the way this ref was

in saying that no one should be allowed referee if they have not the qualities to do the job

they getting very good money some if they taking in 120 euro a day some making 400 a week and they not capable of walking no more saying running

The standard of referee in kilkenny is so bad a few young people on board this year so hopefully

I played under a ref 40 years ago he still referee county board should be ashamed of what they let ref

The ref for the county final this year is such a poor ref but he got all the top games because the person giving out the fixtures from same club he could do umpire

about fairness the ref from the comer game official with shamrocks 2 years ago big bust up with shamrocks and the bridge last year same ref was doing bridge and village I never seeing such a poor performance as a neutral all I can say is he had a bad day or he had something against bridge

if anyone saw village and lisdowney this year would have seeing one of the worst performances of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

I respect your views historically on this forum but comer seems to get the brunt of a lot of your posts.

He'll dissappear again for another while 😁 Comer will probably be to blame if we lose tomorrow 👍

Does anyone know when and where the u20 will find out when they're playing?

I know tomorrow isn't knockout and it's likely these 2 teams will end up in the leinster final but the build up to game has being extremely quite.id expect kk to give a good performance and home advantage will hopefully help us over the line.if we can't get up for this then there's something wrong. We need big games from the few lads who have being mentioned here a good bit recently. It's time they stepped up now. Adrian mullen looks to have taken the next step we need others to follow.

Alot of lads usually come out of the woodwork after a defeat.

The under 20 semi finals are fixed for 10th May, Final 17th. I presume we'll hear the pairings on Monday. Wexford/Offaly v Kilkenny/Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Would not be to suprised with that the dimwits are on the Co Board.

• Advertisement

Advertisement