Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭jj880

If he takes 2 minutes for this he can fly up his own hole! Im away to bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Is Selby deliberately slowing down the game? 2 minutes for this shot. And all the other lengthy thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Did that bog-standard safety really take 2 minutes buildup Selby?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And Hendry and Virgo couldn’t even clarify, albeit Virgo sounding confused

• Registered Users Posts: 31,631 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Virgo getting impatient with Selby 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Mind games from Selby, nominating a colour when he’s on a red!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes. I’d trust Selby far more to know why he needed to check everything

Don't agree with that attempt at red from Allen. Why did you do that?

It's been a very ugly crawl over the line from Selby.

Blegh. Ok. Another Selby final to endure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

It's a quarter to 1, he was sick of all the arsing round...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hope we don't have to listen to Dennis fawn over Vicky tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I would be amazed if Brecel wins more than 10 frames. All Selby has to do is wait for Brecel to lose concentration and make silly mistakes. I think Brecel will suit Selby’s game.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

WD Selby

hope Luca inflicts a demolition job on ya !!

fair play to Mark Allen tho. Poor overall, tho he was, he almost made a game of it there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,315 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Allen mentioned the luck Selby had. Selby the better player for sure but he also had significant rub of the green at times. On multiple occasions actually.

difficult to price it up - don't see any odds yet

I reckon Selby be 2/9 or thereabouts - layers be taking no chances i'd say

that'd be leaving Luca @ 5/2 or a smidge over

be almost tempted to go a score on Luca in that case 😁

just see BF S'Bk have it just priced up: Selby @ 4/9 (could be value) and Luca 7/4

nothing doing at them odds

4/9 gawrn. Selby now 2/5 and BB 15/8. reckon Jester'll go into 2/7 before coin-flip.

enough o' that kinda talk 🙄

hon Luca !! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Selby was saying in his BBC interview about the late finish and it being just 12 hours until the final starts, that he'd rather have 12 hours sleep and play in the final than 24 hours sleep and be driving home.

I could just imagine him saying as well that he'd rather play 18 boring frames and win than 1 entertaining frame and lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Was at the final session of both semis in the Crucible today.

Great drama and loved every second.

Wrecked tired now though 😴

Have sessions 2 and 4 of the final to come as well 🤩

Nice! Love to be there.

Could be in for another grueller tomorrow I'd say!

If this was a shorter match, I could see Brecel coming out storming and taking it - but with the sheer length, I could see Selby weathering Brecel's stronger frames, and then killing his momentum every chance he gets by grinding things down. Very hard to maintain more than a strong half-session with him. He reminds me a bit of the energy vampires from What We Do In The Shadows 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Gutted for Mark. Hopefully the experience will stand to him and he will be back at this stage in furure years to come. So close to the final. He is the player of the season overall. Nearly got the big one.

Would love to see Luca do it in style. But fear my tip for Selby from the start will come through. And he will win a fifth World title.

Going past Higgins. Who himself described Selby as an Animal of a player this week.

Mark S is well liked by those around the game, even if his style is a throwback to Steve or Cliff in the 80s, or Ebdon and a tough watch a lot of the time. Can expect a lot of the talk over the next few days to be about Mark S bouncing back from his mental health demons.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Another Selby final I won't be watching. He is unwatchable. Such a cynical player at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭fran38

Yeah I'm similar. Won't be watching as it requires patience and endurance, even for the viewer 😄. I'll nip in and out yeah but Selby's 'anti snooker' type of play does not appeal to me one bit.

Hon Luca !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is Luca worth a gamble at 2/1 to win the first session? Selby is an absolute machine if he can draw or win the first session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

I got tickets to the semi finals next year absolutely delighted.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Managed to get tickets for the last Semi Final session and the first session of the final next year. Happy with that 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭BQQ

It might interest people to know that the person with the most centuries in the tournament so far is not Luca brecel or Si jiahui who have been lauded for their attacking style of snooker (or lack of a safety game), but Mark Selby 🤯

but isn’t he a “grinder”, “unwatchable”, “gruelling”, “anti-snooker”, “boring” ?

at least that’s been the narrative since he started beating Ronnie consistently

Advertisement