Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Email it to: nverrall@reply.tesla.com

or : dfriel@reply.tesla.com

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

There are two forms that you sign that are SEAI related . The first one is where you are asked to provide details of mRPN numbers etc in advance of delivery. . The second is a Customer Completion form and can only ever be signed after delivery as it is a statement from the customer verifying that they have paid in full and actually taken delivery. This is all normal and I expect that might be what is happening here. Tesla need this form completed by the customer before they can finalise payment from SEAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

we signed forms in the kiosk in Baldonnell the day we collected, weren’t given or emailed anything else to sign and return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

That mad they never ask me to sign any form in Baldonnell would had save me stress and pain dealing with Tesla.I was over in Sandyford today to hand in the form they tell me it done online said by Kelly in Sandyford.

They should had told me that in the email but would had being better sign on collection of the car in Baldonnell.I hate dealing with the services part of telsa very slow and bad communication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

It's most likely an automated form. Some part of Tesla inner workings hasn't gotten the form from someone else internally (most likely) and it has triggered the message.

I'd give it a few days or contact Tesla and confirm with them if unsure

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Few thoughts from driving the MY since collecting.

suspension is grand. No issues. Very comfortable car to drive

tesla vision isn’t as bad as people make out. So far no complaints

auto wipers was getting a lot of flack mainly from the yanks but working perfect for me

best bit is the sound system. It’s really good IMO

also could somebody help me understand the Wh/km I’m currently at 148. Is this good or what’s a baseline that would be desirable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

148 Wh/km is 14.8 kWh/100km.

For the Model Y, which is a big car that’s very good. The M3 and MY are very efficient.

For context, my M3P is at 19.1 kWh/100km for April.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

also could somebody help me understand the Wh/km I’m currently at 148. Is this good or what’s a baseline that would be desirable

Most people use kWh/100km rather than Wh/km which can be simply converted by just moving the decimal point so 148Wh/km is 14.8kWh/100km (think of it like the l/100km figure you get for an ICE). 14.8 is relatively low but it all depends on your driving style, speed, weather, temperature etc.

There is no "desirable baseline". Just drive like you want to drive and whatever figure pops out, is what it is.

If you were to average 14.8kWh/100km it would mean that you would get approx 390km range if you were to drive the car from 100-0%

(58kWh/14.8kWh)*100km = 390km

(Usable battery/YourUsage)*100km=390km

If you were to drive alot more on the motorway at 120km/h that kWh/100km figure would shoot up to closer to 20kWh so your range would go down then.... as I said, all depends on speed, temp, etc.

Hopefully that gives you the info you need to interpret the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Latest update installed last night and now the sound on Spotify is terrible. All crackling and can't hear it at all. Anyone else having trouble ?

I've tried the 2 button reset.

• Advertisement

Gumbo/Kcross that explains it perfectly cheers for that!

I havnt really been paying much attention to the numbers but I was curious on the last trip what it was giving me back. The graph appears to be all over the place given it’s only new but I’m sure it will balance out as the charges/km rack up!

You have done well with your 148 kwt......you seem not to be playing with the acceleration capabilities too much.. As others have said a lot of range issues come down to personal driving style (controllable) and other factors such as incline and temp (not controllable).

What confuses a lot of new drivers is the range indication (km's or %) on the main screen compared to actual performance.. This figure is ONLY a very crude estimation of range based on the % charge and size of battery and does NOT vary at all based on personal driving style. One app that you should get comfortable with is the onboard "Energy Monitor" and its features which are very impressive. This will give you much better insights of dynamic range based on your driving style over the last 10kms, 25kms or 50 kms (you can select and switch between them).. This is just one of the apps features but once you get comfortable with all its features its 1st class.

Glad you are enjoung your car!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

You can def get lower than 148.

Although today with rain and aircon on it creeped up a bit higher:)

Unfortunately tessie only shows stats using days rather than from last charge. But ver last 7 says the car used 57kWh or 139Wh/km over 413 km:)

looked at the loot box and noticed 160 free supercharging kms in my account. No idea if it’s a fault or they were applied for some reason unknown to me? Anyone else getting this in their app? Could it possibly be a result from the firesale mess?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

If you click on the Credit tab at bottom, then you should see History in blue at top right. That should detail what the credit is for.

Looks like you have delivery home miles, similar to the earlier days when first SuC was free.

Nothing shows up. Seems strange. 160 isn’t much either. Random amount to have but if it’s free I’ll take it

Strange one alright. Normally you have to redeem the points and need a minimum of I think 1500 points for miles. But in your case they have already been redeemed and you must use within 6 months.

Do they automatically deduct when you supercharge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The front USB C ports are well hidden aren't they? Anyone know if they do data or just power?

If they are just power, can anyone recommend a data hub for the glove box USB?

The 160 kms turned up in my loot box too. How many credits would that equate to?

Were you a firesale 80 member? Wondering if this is a token for their **** up. Kelly had mentioned in an email to me she was contacting senior manager in the uk to try offer something but no word from her/management since.

• Advertisement

Yes, I was. In a mail to Kelly during the fustercluck I suggested that they could still the waters a bit by offering the fire sale victims the same credits they offered to buyers completing a sale before quarter end.

Justice for the fire sale 80! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Suggested that too. Have zero in my account. Maybe when i take the order? Will report back if anything shows up

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

I just got an email saying I'm getting 150km free supercharging due to a new policy that they must be shipped with at least 50% charge meaning that my MY may be lower at collection. Will be able to redeem a week after collection.

I collected the Model Y last Thursday with an 87% charge... and a small door ding on the passenger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Actually I misread the email. It says Max 50% not Min. Very strange.

150 km of Free Supercharging

Due to a new industry policy, your vehicle must be shipped with a max 50% charge—meaning your Model Y charge status may be lower than our usual standard at your delivery appointment.

We are giving you 150 km of free Supercharging for the inconvenience. You will be able to redeem your Supercharging credit a week after delivery in the Loot Box in your Tesla app.

Yeah, I reported it in the app. The quote for repair is €858.06. 😁 It's only a small door ding and the paint isn't broken. A paintless dent repair guy could have it gone in a few minutes.

Still annoys the crap out of me every time I see it. I guess some selfish asshat collecting their Y from the empty space beside mine didn't give a shyte about anyone else collecting their new car. 😤

• Advertisement

Yes free mikes are automatically deducted when you charge at a SUC. Just plug , charge and go. Any free miles will be used first before any payment to credit card. You may see a monetary amount accrue during the charging session but this is just indicative and won’t actually be charged before first exhausting any available free miles.

Advertisement