Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,707 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The city being pretty busy thanks to the bank holiday has me excited for later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Will ‘low-han’ play the same keeper as last week….has Quilligan lost form in training or something. If he plays the new guy again limerick to win by double digits…

Quilligan was named to start so I can't see that being a missdirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭einn32

Limerick form has dipped and Clare were up for it. Some shocking wides from us. Hegarty was poor. Clare deserved it overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Hegarty was v poor. Reidy and Mulcahy are just not good enough any more.

It’s amazing what two ‘proper’ games can do……limerick looked invincible after league final and now they will be viewed as a team in decline…..long way to go yet though. Clare and low-han still on the pitch doing selfies and autographs galore….!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Hegarty non existent!

You know you were in trouble when we look to Mulcahy a great servant but he is well past it!

Did Peter Casey score?

Lynch not a patch on his former self so far this season either!

Regardless Clare were very good and I have no complaints!

Hopefully Kilely can ignite the fire because on the last 2 performances we look off the pace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Don’t begrudge another team its moment in the sun……..hurling needs it..Limerick aren’t finished yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Disappointed we lost but we can have no complaints, Clare were better and deserved their win. We were sloppy all evening and struggled a lot on our puck outs. Some of our players are struggling for form like Lynch, Hegarty, P Casey.... still they didn't play super well and only lost by a point. Gillane left 3 frees behind, T Morrisey had 3 bad wides as did Byrnes and Reidy. We deserved to lose though and probably no harm that we did now rather than later when there's no second chances. Munster will be very tough and the battles with Tipp and Cork should be crackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Desperate scenes in the uncovered stand. Rip to the man who lost his life despite the efforts of thr first responders.

What. Are you serious….? Can you give more details or is this sone kind of sarcastic wind up….?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i saw the commotion but it was much further down from where we were sitting , rest in peace to who ever it was , puts a game of hurling into prospective

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭pajoguy

No wind up.

A guy was given chest compressions for 30 mins by a number of medical people in crowd. Beofre being stretchered out just on half time Johns ambulance staff there also. No ambulance at ground.

It was crazy. Lots of people didnt even move.

Also crown in city end terrace called for medics also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What sort of details are you looking for? A guy lost his life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭blackcard

As a KK suppo

in my opinion there is alot more in limerick , in the last two games they looked flat in the last ten minutes , i imagine its going to be a big 3 weeks in the lead up to the tipperary game

i cant say enough about barry nash and his reading of the game hes an excellent operator , gillane's lack of form must be a worry , early days this game will stand to limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Rip to that poor man, brings sport into perspective, on the game itself we were poor and hit some awful wides but clare were well up for it. I feel will o Donohoe in midfield should be replaced by lynch and play o Neill, hegarty and Tom in half forward line as we need more hurlers and will I think hasn't the level required, leave casey inside in the forwards too where he is more dangerous and let ball into gillane and Co quicker. Gillane himself isn't a brilliant free taker, o Donovan for the u20's is by far a better marks man, anyway I still think we will get the wins required in last 2 games and tonight's defeat might actually stand to us in the long run

I'm amazed you are mentioning O'Donoghue. He did a lot of dirty work and was one of our better players. He wouldn't be one of our main playmakers but he brings a major engine, intensity, physicality, and his simple usage of the ball keeps things moving. He's not going to be the star but he's integral to this team. I will mention that Diarmaid Byrnes annoys me at times. A great player but at times he forgets that his main job is defending. He also shoots a lot when other options are on. His use of the ball was poor tonight multiple times. There were other players that were poor too. Agreed on Gillane's frees, good most of the time but always misses a couple every game. And they are usually the easier ones... I'd like to see T Morrissey take them or Byrnes to take the short ones in addition to the long ones.

RIP to the poor Clare man who sadly lost his life. I saw the medics running like maniacs and some commotion in the stand and feared something bad had happened. Puts things in perspective really, we all want to win and it can get heated but it is only a game.

Agreed, Limerick have a few levels to go up. They weren't bad but they were below their level and yet probably should have snuck a draw at least considering the misses. Some of the players are really out of form. Gillane is playing well in patches only, Hegarty & Lynch completely off form, P Casey not really involved... 4 of your starting 6 forwards (usual 6) off form is going to be a problem so it's a worry!!

I think Limerick will be fine and will come good provided the injuries don't overwhelm them. They look a little tired but that might just be mental tiredness which a loss can often help get rid of!

• Advertisement

i expect to see a diffrent team in 3 weeks time , that break must be a godsent to kiley , granted you were a man down last week late on but ye were just hanging on , fantastic goal by flanagan at the end but if i were john kiely i would be saying that was a four point defeat not a one point defeat just to get the best out of them the next day against tipperary

if you consider the pace they played at in the 2021 all ireland final or even the extra time in a frantic munster final last year you would have to say there is alot more in this team , its not easy to maintain that level all the time either , the game has probably never been played at that pace before this team arrived so it hard for players to keep going to the well

id surly give lynch more time , to miss a year is a huge lay off, maybe if heagherty started would he have been better off, , i taught boylan was excellent , as was barry nash sean finn is a huge loss , as good as mike casey is finn is hard to replace and with the short season he might not be back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

A great win for Clare, but Limerick aren't finished yet. I'm sad and sorry to hear about the fan who lost his life. May that poor person rest in peace. Jesus it's only a game of hurling at the end of the day.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Wow! You should be happy in victory and instead you're coming across as just plain bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

Ah terrible comments above from that Clare supporter. Very bitter and ungracious in Victory.

A word on Limerick. They looked abit jaded. Iv never seen them.give up so.many goal chances.. The wides at times from Gillane, Morrissey , Byrnes and David Reidy when he came on were criminal. Gillane seems to miss one sitter from play every game. And he misses the most frees out of any top free taker. Byrnes was well off with a few aswell. Clare were the better team but where are you going with Mulcahy coning on. David Reidy is another wides expert. Did he hit 3 from 3 wide when he came on. Id have brought on O Dalaigh and Boylan sooner

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Iecrawfc

I'm sure a few alarm bells are going off for Kiely and Kinnerk after the first 2 rounds, where Waterford couldn't capitalise Clare have the forward talent. Concerning is the form of Lynch, Hegarty, P Casey, O'Donoghue and to a lesser extent Gillane and Hayes. That's 6-7 players not having the same impact as last year, I think we may see Coughlan, English or O'Brien come in, certainly need something different to freshen it up like Hayes to centre forward and Lynch to midfield. Bad week for limerick hurling with camogie, minors and u20s all going down.

That "low-han" fella is not a Limerick fan he's from Waterford.

Don't let that stop you from making an absolute fool of yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭lukin

Gillane's off-field problems may be affecting his concentration.

Ir might explain why he missed so many scoreable frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭moby2101

Gillane has been playing poorly.

Still he was stupid enough to go goading the Clare fans after Flanagans goal at the end of the match and we were still a point behind , braindead stuff.

Hegarty had 0 impact when he came on .

Why was Daragh O Donovan taken off was he injured? Cathal O Neill is a fine player but he needs to toughen up and get stuck in more , the whole team looked leggy and lethargic.

Morrisey and O O Neill were setting off on runs waiting for Nicky to pull the trigger but it came late or not at all.

A very Un-Limerick like performance, is the gap closing or just another bad day at the office.

3 week break couldn’t have come at a better time for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Beating Waterford by 2 and losing to Clare by 1 shows how tight the 5 teams in Munster are.

Tipperary in Thules in 3 weeks time will be a big occassion with Tipperary keen to show league semi final wasnt a true showing and if they can push Limerick closer to exit from the championship they'll take great delight , Thurles will have a big big crowd at this fixture and Limerick v Cork in Gaelic Grounds also has potential to be crucial fixture too in last game in group on the last day!!

Advertisement