Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭randombar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

220 USD currently on Alibaba with all fees. Not sure if that is currently a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭championc

I've a 100Ah spare - €200 (excl postage if needed)

That includes the BMS, Screen, USB Dongle, and 3D printed standoff legs for mounting.

Just been too busy at work to advertise it 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Did you print the legs yourself or buy them somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tim9321

Quick one.... Using Seplos with a Solis Hybrid, worked a treat for the last 6 months. Now we're getting into summer I want to limit my clipping at peak. 6kw Inverter with 8kw PV. Easiest way to do this is to limit the charge rate, so the 'clipped' amount will flow into the battery and I'll max the AC side.

Solis inverter is currently ignoring whatever I set in "Energy Storage Set > Control Parameters > Battery Charge current" - I think it's a firmware issue. I'm now exploring trying to set that via the BMS, as Solis takes those values anyway. Can't see a magic setting anywhere. Anyone managed anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Howdy all. I'm having an issue with my (new to me) Seplos bms + 200Ah of LiFePo4 cells (16) + ME3000SP.

Everything is wired correctly afaik.

When I power on the battery and start the BMS, after the BMS has initialised the inverter will flash on briefly and the SOC leds on the BMS will light up. Then it all goes dark, except the flashing led on the BMS. I think this is correct behaviour.

Then when I turn on the mains to the inverter it goes through the startup procedure (Wait 60s...) and eventually it will settle at Check Discharge (or Check Charge if I've excess solar). It never moves past that. The BMS seems to stay in standby (flashing led, no SOC leds).

The inverter came with sw version 2.5 and I've just updated it to 3.06 in case that was the issue, but it made no difference. It's set to Time-of-Use mode.

The fact that everything seems to work for a second or two when I turn on the battery (before I turn on the mains) leads me to think I may have configured something incorrectly, however the only thing I changed in the BMS configuration was battery capacity (from 100 to 200Ah) and SOC (from 50Ah to 198Ah (I top balanced the cells in advance), although for some reason the BMS still says 24.9% SOC).

Anyone come across this before, or any suggestions for things to try?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jasgrif11

Is anyone else using 35mm2 cables between battery, isolator and BMS? If so do you then use 25mm2 to inverter?

I noticed that the 35/6 lugs won’t fit on the Sofar 6000HYD-EP battery inputs so I had to use 25/6 lugs and hence 25mm2 cable just for the inverter to isolator.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

If you set it to default mode, what does it do?(you'll need to have a temperature sensor connected)

Unfortunately the seller didn't include the temperature sensor. Am I correct in saying that the BMS is ignored if Default is used for the battery?

Yes. So you'll need to add manual parameters, which will lead to it calculating the SOC% itself - which is is useless at doing.

Reach out to Sofar about getting the temperature sensor. I remember you absolutely need it, but I couldn't remember the implications of not having one

• Advertisement

No errors or warnings. No red leds. Everything looks fine to me (though I've never seen this setup before). Just BMS in standby, flashing away, and inverter looking like it's going to do something, but just sits there saying Check Discharge with the discharge led flashing. I think it does this as a final step before starting discharging?

I think it's a regular ntc thermistor. I used to have several once upon a time but they've all been upgraded to their digital counterparts by now. I might be able to borrow one though.

yep it goes check discharge and then starts discharging. (same with charge)

Set to default lithium? did you change any setting on the seplos side ? ever connect it to a computer?

when you go through the information menus what is the max charge rate set at (or discharge set at).

And yeah its a regular ntc thermistor,

Does the screen show correct grid use? try auto mode?

I have a feeling that the error is coming from the seplos for some reason, is the me3000 showing the same soc as the seplos?

Yep, set to General Lithium, and all settings from the BMS are being picked up: SOC, voltage etc. I have connected it to the laptop but only to change the battery capacity to 200Ah and the SOC to 198Ah (but for some reason it still shows 24.8% even though it also shows 198Ah)

Max charge and discharge were at 65 amps, which I think is default. I changed them to 50 to see if it would make any difference but it didn't.

Correct grid use? Do you mean the CT clamps are in the right direction and accurate? They're accurate and when importing/exporting the arrows flow the right way. I've tried Auto mode too.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭spose

Is the 25% soc holding it out? What setting have you in for lower limit. In the settings page you can put in an updated soc value as well

On the me3000 the depth of discharge should be set to 80% (if you want to leave 20% in the battery)

That occurred to me. I have set the inverter to 90% DOD to see if it'd make any difference, but nope

An update. Solved the temperature sensor problem, so I connected the battery directly to the me3000sp and entered all the settings. Inverter sees the battery as 87% full.

But, now it's in Standby, with the charge and discharge lights flashing in unison (as they should when it's in standby), and even when I turn on a 1kw load nothing changes (our base load is ~150w).

Ok I take it back. For some reason it has started working and is currently discharging.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 65,321 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

No surprise there although the ME3000SP has a will of its own too 😂

Had a look at my mate's Seplos this evening and it showed battery as 100% SOC when it was at 53V. That's just wrong. It looks like he is exporting when he shouldn't have to and importing when he shouldn't have to either. Cells are also well out of balance (but weren't top balanced when recently upgraded). Seplos is incapable of even starting to address that

Can't wait to upgrade him to the Sunsynk inverter (from a 4G Solis that can only do 60A) plus JK BMS with active balancing. And then let the inverter do its job based on voltages. Not based on what a cheap and nasty BMS (not just Seplos - pointing the finger at all cheap BMS here) wrongly thinks is the SOC

And don't get me wrong, it is what it is, only a fool would spend €3k on batteries and then another €3k on a decent BMS. We have to make do with cheap ones that will protect the battery alright, but are pretty sh1t at everything else

Hi Lads,

Moving from 16s1p LifePo to 16s2p do I need to make any changes in Seplos itself?

What are peoples standard settings?

Thanks,

Gary

You should only need to change the capacity

Would anyone be able to put up their parameter/config file? Just to compare to my own. Soooo many variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

The below parameter file is what I had for 32 cells, 400AH battery

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al9TeSSfyojLjP95M4YzzlGf78JjCw?e=8UyALd

I can see some differences all right, 0.1v of an increase in alarms basically.

couple of weird ones:

<Name>SOC</Name> = 100

I've 75??

<Name>BitGroup5</Name> = 91

I've 9F??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Now I don't use the Seplos anymore as I have problems going over the 500AH but I did play around with the <Name>SOC</Name> and it did not seem to make any difference.

<Name>BitGroup5</Name> I never touched any of the values at all so I presume that's factory set.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any issues with the seplos randomly shutting off itself?

Advertisement