Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Does anyone have any idea about tomorrow……can waterford do what Clare did tonight and put in a massive performance and pull off a big win that is so badly needed given this season’s abysmal performances in every grade (Camogie excluded)……on paper there is nothing to fear from the cork line up…..but there are plenty examples of being blown away by cork teams in the past let’s just hope tomorrow is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

Delighted for Clare but let’s be frank about it makes it even a more must win game tomorrow. We better be up for it and cut out silly mistakes and play for the 70 mins plus .

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

All the best to both Waterford teams today. Hopefully more will travel today than last Sunday. No doubt the cork fans will be out in force. Hard to know how the game is going to go. Last night’s result has blown the whole thing wide open. Will we start as selected or will Aussie come in. He was involved alot when he came on last Sunday but just didn’t seem to be moving at 100%. Anyone know what the story is with Patrick Curran? Looked good under Cahill last year but just hasn’t got much of a look in under Davy. Is it form or injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Rustyman101

Hope the Fitzgeralds make an earlier appearance, they upped the pace when they came on particularly Patrick.

Hopefully cut back on the hail Marys from our own half as well.

Going to be tough but we can win it, we have to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to Davy and the players today. Go out and hurl like we can and hopefully we'll get over the line today.. We're as good as anyone else on our day.. We shouldn't fear that Cork team, go out and tear into them.. Should be a good Waterford crowd up in the Pairc today.

UP THE DEISE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Best of luck to both teams and management today. Must win game

Safe travels to all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

The very best of luck to Davy and the lads today (as well as the ladies camogie).

Simply have to do it, we would’ve known from a long way out there was a good chance we wouldn’t beat Limerick in the opening game and that this game was the one big target. I’d nearly go as far as saying a loss today and we’re out as it would be difficult to see us beating both Clare (particularly after their huge confidence boosting win last night) and a resurgent Tipp in Thurles.

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What the fu©k is happening

first glorious mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭jimmythesulk

I think ye need Gardner down on the sideline advising Davy quick and telling him how great he is. How dunford, Darragh Lyons, Tom barron and Montgomery are good enough to play county is beyond me.

• Advertisement

Shocking, absolutely shocking

Shocking performance

Season over

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

One point from play says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Another embarrassing performance from Waterford in the championship. The worst team in Munster no doubt

Cork showing us how to play against the wind. Davey was always a terrible choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭newhouse87

liam cahill still must be to blame.

Some sh%^* spoken about playing against the wind !!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Future looks bleak for Waterford.

Two games in already basically out of the championship. I'm sick and tired of this team

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Sickened I drove down for this and have bored children looking at me for the last 40 mins asking can we go home yet. A few people were asking why we don't have a big support, only the diehard support is left after all these capitulations year after year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

Pathetic

What a joke of a performance and no way in hell were going to progress. Clare and Tipp will be licking there lips

Today's result on top of Clares win last night shows how much Waterford have fallen behind in this 'round robin system' and looking at our underage record it's not looking good for the future. While we might have the 'new Walsh Park' to gloss over it. Underage Hurling development needs to be looked at by the County Board

Wouldn't he surprised if the county board are on the hunt for a new management team come the Autumn

I said I wouldn’t judge this team until after the cork game and now look at it . Frankly it’s embarrassing at this stage. What’s the problem what’s the solution ?. The day outs in croke park seem a lifetime away . Are these players not as good as we they think they are ? We’ve seen the state of the minor and under 20 squads and it doesn’t bode well . Who is responsible from the strength and conditioning of the Waterford players is it the same as last year or somebody new ? Am not joking when I say never mind the Gaelic Football maybe it’s time we have a review of the state of Hurling in the country . It’s depressing stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hurlaway

No fan of Davy but if the players don't take a long hard look at themselves waterford are going nowhere players way to fond of blaming mangers for their failure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Motivator

A tactical masterpiece from the management today. Last week’s performance at the time looked very, very good but it could have been that Limerick were in 2nd gear. The decision making today was just awful and while the players deserve criticism, I’m not going to slate anyone because for me it’s all in the coaching, or lack of it.

What on earth is that former rugby clown’s role with this team? If it’s some sort of fitness role he needs to be binned off because they look half a yard off the pace. The year is over now, we’re not going to win two on the bounce especially not after today. If we had played Cork last week and ran Limerick to a couple of points today then you’d have a bit of hope but the players body language with 10 mins to go wasn’t great. Hard to pick themselves up again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Ian OB

House private. Family flowers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭loves_me_county_boy

Davy out

Can we go into the Joe McDonagh

• Advertisement

Saying on Rte that the support in cork was worse then thurles was it really that bad . I had to work today and got home with 20 mins to spare just to put it on the record ?

Advertisement