Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the Left - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

What's aoc ever done for Assange? I ask cos you're a fan of aoc, but it's because of aoc and the left why Assange has been rotting away in prison. Aoc hates men like Assange. Tucker Carlson has been a staunch defender of Assange and fought to get him pardoned. He's held many talks with the family of Assange also.

It's not mentioned in this video. I posted it cos it shows how uninformed the masses are about Carlson. How can anyone claim to hate someone if they refuse point blank to watch him. Think about that one

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yes. He's had to amend his filings on earnings wrt to Crow paying for renovations for Thomas' mothers house. Not sure how that's not a violation of SCOTUS rules, but he obviously has a 'get out of jail' card there, since its apparently sufficient (at least so far) to not cause any penalty to Thomas.

No problems with Crow having a statue of Mao in his garden as well as his Hitler junk? I didn't tag you as a Mao supporter, but you're o.k. with that?

Exactly what about Crow's ownership of Nazi memorabilia, including an autographed copy of Mein Kampf, isn't a fact? Must've missed that, could you point out the post that disproves it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What in the wide universe are you even talking about.

Assange was indicted almost 7 years before AOC even entered politics.

Tucker isn’t a staunch defender of anything but something he feels he can use against the DNC because it was a blue president in power when Assange was indicted. We certainly have not seen him call for a pardon for Manning, whom also worked glove in hand with Assange on the very same leaks. While they called for pardons etc for Assange Fox hyper focused on the gender of Chelsea Manning, othered her and wanted no association with her. For leaking the same data that Assange shared and helped hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Not a single thing did AOC ever do to try and stop Hitler and his rise to power.

So surely this means AOC is a nazi, right?

Fear not the drag, the Nazis are here to save you.

• Advertisement

SAY IT LOUD, SAY CLEAR, NAZIS WILL DEFEND US HERE!

Lula (President of Brazil)

Jeremy Corbyn

Noam Chomsky

Rafael Correa (granted Assange asylum in the embassy in London)

Pamela Anderson

Roger Waters

Daniel Ellsberg

All pro-Assange release, AS I AM.

The people protesting outside the (previous Ecuador embassy) are majority leftists.

I have no idea why you think I think AOC is a goddess. I think she's good on a USA scale but she has been a disappointment to me.

Why didn't the right-wing daddy Trump drop the charges against Assange?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Because its really only communist stooges like the above who support the communist stooge Assange

Hold on a minute...

If Assange is a communist stooge why did he not help get Bernie Sanders elected over Hillary Clinton?

Why did Assange help anti-communist Trump over Clinton?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Self-avowed Nazis on the streets of the USA.

Keep looking left though, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Kyokushin Grappler

You figured they could have come up with better outfits if they want to convince us their actual Nazis. Not the usual paid agitators.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Communists - who else 🤫

Scratch that forgot - Its Soros

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Asserted without evidence; dismissed without evidence.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Kyokushin Grappler threadbanned

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread is about dangers coming from the Left. We have a separate one where dangers from the Right can be discussed

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

This is what happens when young people spend too much time in the company of the thoughts of American loonies like Jonah Goldberg or Ben Shapiro.

The whole premise that the world can be viewed through a bifocal lens of "Left" and "Right" is nonsense and tends to be peculiar to countries with outdated representative systems that essentially permit only one alternative: Left or Right? Red or Blue?

Even the fact that between the two countries most affected by this bipolar disorder (USA and Britain) there is such diversity that what is "red" in one country is effectively "blue" in the other should be enough to alert those with basic intelligence to how hopelessly inaccurate is the "left-right" binary. It polarises people, dumbs down discourse and gets us all nowhere.

We're more sensible in this country. We always have a plethora of choices we can vote for without seeing our votes wasted.

Lest anyone think I am engaging in "anti-Semitic tropes" by my choice of influencers both being evidently Jewish, Mr Goldberg is the author of a best selling book called Liberal Fascism, which essentially takes 400 pages plus appendices to say "Fascists are left wingers; good guys are right wingers" and assembles a bottom numbingly tedious list of references to long forgotten American academics and columnists to prove his point after which the reader is left thinking: "So the f*** what?"

As for the well travelled and hugely popular (for some unfathomable reason) Mr Shapiro, he's the dumb yank who accused Andrew Neill of being a left winger. Even Brillo pad himself chuckled wryly at that one.

The danger doesn't come from "The Left"; it comes from the hopelessly apoplectic. Avoid them.

The far-left are equally as indoctrinated to their own ideology, and have their own mouthpieces who are also in it for themselves - the far-left versions of Shapiro and Crowder etc.

Both extremes are indoctrinated.

And when we think about far-left indoctrination, I cannot help but think of this extremely accurate meme.

• Advertisement

the far-left versions of Shapiro and Crowder etc

Do they have names or are they in your head

The far-left versions of Shapiro are omnipresent - from BLM to the eco-terrorists that disrupt daily life for normal people. It also includes anti-Western figures such as Noam Chomsky and Owen Jones; people who's narrative supports the destruction of Western hegemony and Western values at large. Often sympathetic to dictators and others abroad who share a similar hatred of the West.

I could go on and on, but far-left threats exist to a far greater extent than a handful of wealthy right-wing YouTubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

It also includes anti-Western figures such as Noam Chomsky and Owen Jones; 

so nobody. Okay. 🤣

It's really amazing what's not tolerated on this site, yet even more so what is.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Neither are Ben Shapiro or Steven Crowder equivalents 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ffs, chomsky isnt far left, he even considers himself somewhat conservative on some things....

......jesus some righties havent a fcuking clue!

Right? I don’t think Crowder or Shapiro are a sitting or emeritus professor either. I don’t recall Chomsky ever being a shock jock

Would love to read the loose argument stringing Chomsky to being the foil to Shapiro and Crowder on the left. Never even heard of the other guy what are his ratings like compared to Shapiro and Crowder?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,319 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

shur we all know shapiro is just a fcuking idiot, never heard of the other chap either, but id say theres a good chance hes full of sh1t also....

Up until recently he was another prized lamb on the right. Recently it’s come out that he’s a domestic abuser via home cctv recordings. Crowder is worth millions but makes his wife share the same car as he does (abuser tactic) and refused to allow her to leave the house until she performed her “wifely duties” (translate that how you will) while heavily pregnant.

She’s since filed for divorce, and now Crowder and his audience are crowing about no-fault divorce laws (yikes) and even some lawmakers have reportedly introduced non starter bills to repeal no-fault divorce proceedings.

Do we have Chomsky or the other guy doing anything remotely similar? If not what’s the actual comparison trying to be made to both-sides here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Didn't some wacko leftie try to cancel Noam Chomsky last year?

Not adhering to the current doctrine carefully enough earned him the "far right" label IIRC.

There's no shortage of eejits in the world of all shapes and sizes.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement