Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Oh my god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Never do it the easy way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Fight after the match.......

Klopp pulled a hamstring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pathetic 2nd half.

Makes it funnier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Oh he wears the number 20…

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Unbelievable

UTFR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That collapse was totally worth it just to break Richarlison's heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was so angry about Mo getting that foul against him that I didn't care tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

He got right in the 4th officials face. Bizarre.

Two defensively shambolic clubs. Hope this woeful defending is sorted out for next season.

If Tyler says fortunate Liverpool one more time I'll throw my tv out the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Never ever a dull moment with this shower

How fcuking funny was that ?

Just a shame it'll more than likely have little bearing on the big picture

Klopp will be getting a ban of course. 24hr Sky coverage will see to that.

Gary Neville, the arbiter of all things, has decreed as such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

And breathe. Ridiculous how we couldn't close that game out a 3 nil after 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The cameraman following Klopp must literally be hunched down on his knees, running round him in little circles - must look insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Tierney is awful. I've no problem with refs making bad decisions, they can't get everything right.

The foul given against Mo was a shambles of a call. Awful and simply not good enough at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Terrible second half performance. But then Jota sends Anfield bouncing!

Perhaps may have been sent off but so should Skipp have been and one doesn't happen if the other does. Tierney......so bad.

The players haven't lost the fight just yet....

And to single out one player for praise - Curtis Jones. Quietly playing some very good stuff lately and an important cog in the midfield. Thought we lost some impetus when he went off and Hendo came on.

Yeah, good shout on Curtis - can literally see him improving game by game getting this run in the team. He's taking less out of the ball now, and keeping things moving better. Lovely finish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Nunez was ineffective when he came on. Klopp has shown that he is 5th choice attacker in the team right now.

Next season is massive for him. Hopefully he finds his stride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Don't forget Richarlison was on the pitch for Origi's 90+6 against Everton too

• Advertisement

In fairness to him, the game had changed at that stage, with Spurs having all the momentum. As a forward, it's so much harder to impact things when your team is on the back foot. He still made some important pressures and did some of the necessary dirty work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

He is always poor for both teams. The mans a disaster bless him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Paul Tierney is like '' please tell me there is an offside, please tell me there is an offside,please tell me there is an offside,''

Tbf, I thought we were too open when Curtis was on and too open when Hendo was on.

All points to the need for new midfielders.

That game was grade A trolling of Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I said it here when he was coming on but Richarlison coming on, scoring and still losing was nailed on. **** hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Spurs the gift that keeps on giving lol. We did our best to throw that game away. At least now we should be avoiding the conference league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The lack of a midfield signing last year was very perplexing.

The club was heavily linked with a move for Denis Zakaria before the January 2022 transfer window. Nothing happened and afterwards Liverpool opted not to offer him a contract to when he was leaving Borussia Monchengladbach on a free transfer. He signed for Juventus and Liverpool were reported to have enquired about taking him on loan before getting Arthur Melo instead. Zakaria spoke about this after he signed for Chelsea on loan for the season.

After Tchouameni decided to join Madrid, there were reports of Gravenberch being seen as the cheaper alternative for Liverpool. No offer was made and he joined Bayern for €18M. He was linked with a move to Liverpool again in January and now he's a supposed player that Klopp wants to sign in the summer.

Liverpool low balled River Plate with an offer for Enzo Fernandez and Benfica were quite happy to step in with an offer that was structured to meet the €45M valuation of the player. After seeing him perform at the World Cup, Liverpool were willing to offer €70M for the player.

There were plenty of media reports about efforts to convince Gavi to join Liverpool before he signed a new contract with Barcelona.

In early August, Matheus Nunes (24) stalled on signing for Wolves for almost two weeks because he was waiting on Liverpool to submit their offer to Sporting. A couple of months into the season there were stories that we'd be signing him from Wolves for £50M.

Also in August, Brighton rejected a £42M offer for Moises Caicedo who they had placed a £60M value on at the time. In January they refused a £70M offer from Arsenal.

In late August there was an enquiry about Leandro Paredes from PSG, there was no follow up and he joined Juventus on loan replacing Melo.

There's no doubt that the club were looking at midfield players, there just didn't seem to have been any real commitment to signing one. Sofyan Amrabat's agent said something similar regarding Liverpool's interest in his client. They got the impression that Liverpool were stringing them along and weren't really that interested in signing the player.

• Advertisement

Mason crying now.

No balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mason is a bit deluded with his view of that performance. I hope Spurs keep him. He's perfect for them.

I mean, they definitely deserved a point, they might even have been the better team overall, but better team by a country mile was a stretch for me.

Reporter could have mentioned Skipp for balance.

Man u on 63 pts 32 played

Liverpool on 56pts 33 played

Liverpool win Wednesday, home to Fulham .. 59 pts

Man U lose to Brighton on Thursday 63pts

Liverpool win Saturday home to Brentford, 62pts

Man u draw away to WH on Sunday, 64pts

Man u win at home to Wolves, 67pts

Liverpool win away to Leicester 65pts

Liverpool win at home to Villa 68pts

Man U draw away to Bournemouth 68 pts

Man u lose at home to Chelsea 68pts

Liverpool win away to Southampton 71pts

Man U win at home to Fulham 71pts

Liverpool get CL on goal difference.

Is there ever a red card for a high foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ha Chelsea getting a win. You crack me up at times Toby.

I have to admit, it looks worse the more I see it

This is the add I'm getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is that a thing now, I'm seeing the same thing?

Thought my browser was hijacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yeah me too. There was a post on the home page about advertising. Didn't open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp went in studs up on Tierney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Very strange goings on last summer and to crown it all we sign an injury prone player who wasn't even fit at the time 🤦🏼‍♀️who promptly gets injured. Must surely go down as one of the craziest decisions the club has ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone on mobile should use Brave Browser. It has a built in and blocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I reckon the blow to the head gave him rose tinted eyesight, interviewer very soft on him,I hope he gets the job also.

Okay Man U lose away to WH, and draw at home to Chelsea, switch those results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

How **** clinical are we lately! 4 shots on target 4 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Not sold on Trent as inverted wing back, to be honest lads.

The lad himself is playing really well on the ball, but the back 3 / rest of the back 4 are struggling and Jones & Elliot / Hendo push so far wide that they're wingers and struggle to influence the game, and Salah spends too much time coming short to the right wing back position to make an angle for Konate. I also think Fabinho's regressed with it because he can just take a simple pass to Trent rather than trying anything himself. Trent also occasionally seems to get caught as to whether he's supposed to stay in midfield and press when we turn the ball over, or whether he's supposed to drop back into the right back slot.

If we want Trent in midfield, put him in midfield and put Gomez at right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

In the 5 games played since Trent's move to midfield, we have conceded 9 and scored 17. Won 4 and drawn 1.

In the 5 games before that, we conceded 5 and scored 10. Won 2, drew 1, lost 2.

Which is better?

• Advertisement
Advertisement