Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2023 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 18.4C at my site and currently 16.8C, all the windows opened, mild and that summery humid feel. Good spells of sunshine , cloudy too at times, a few drops driving back from Killarney in the afternoon, but just lasted a few moments. Liking the milder weather.

Pic: Killarney early afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭highdef

I was about to comment that you've a lovely garden 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Oh I love Killarney, just beautiful. Unfortunately for me in North Meath and areas of Cavan and Louth, it was a very disappointing day despite a promising forecast. We had drizzle from early morning and then frequent thundery downpours with no sun at all. Temperature 15c. Land is saturated with no respite with us yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Not much better in South-East Meath, today was close to being a write off but the second half of the day did improve once the rain stopped and the sun shone for a few seconds every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

That’s an extraordinary cold plunge for Scandinavia. No sign of spring there.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭alentejo

Yet another soaking from a rain shower and todays gardening prospects diminishing rapidly. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very disappointing day in Cork, cloud hasn’t shifted at all and there’s a dampness in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,409 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

One of the worst days in a good while in south Dublin, lashing rain all afternoon here, this shower seems to be regenerating constantly over the Wicklow mountains and dumping rain here. 7mm rain so far and continuing.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭appledrop

Not too bad here in NCD.

So mild and we had nice bit of sunshine from mid morning until about 4pm when rain came.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭snowgal

Had torrential rain and lightning here near Trim about an hour ago, intense! Warm too

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Crazy day here at Dunshaughlin. Mid summer style warmth and sunshine first half of day, then a fairly impressive thunderstorm developed overhead and lasted almost an hour earlier in the day, intense rain and even steam off the roads, then back to sunny weather while still remaining warm and now another thunderstorm, just less intense than the one earlier on but he rainfall is far more intense this time around. Everywhere is waterlogged.

Easily the most dramatic day of weather here in a very long time, certainly this year.

Wowzers you must had sent that rain over from South Dublin, absolutely torrential rain here now, pouring down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Some light rain after 5pm here

Was lovely and warm all day up to that

Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Today's highs and have to say a rather sticky day too

Warmth today was lovely, It will be mild for another few days but temperatures will begin to slide away as the week progresses and more like low to mid teens for second half of next week but temperatures in western areas could reach around 17 or 18C at times.

14.7C here in Kerry, good clear sunny spells, don't expect thunderstorms here, we will just grow the convection and send it inland 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Nicest day of the year I think down here in Cork. First day you could sit out in the backgarden in Cork. About time.... Will be cracking weather for Cork v Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭snowgal

Still a mix here near Trim, mild, sunny breaks, but threatening skies all the time… I’ve just put the washing out 😬🤞

• Advertisement

I think the threat of showers in our area/Meath seems over now judging by the radar unless showers develop out of nowhere like yesterday. Most of the action is eastern half of Northern Ireland.

After a very wet weekend, thankfully things will be dryer over the next 4 to 5 days. Don't know when I'll get a chance to cut the grass next as the gardnen is like a swamp and the grass is already getting very long since the last cut a week ago. Temperatures this week will be fairly average generally in the 11 to 16C range, a few places might get to 17C or 18C further west in any sunshine before Thursday then cooler again second half of the week with temperatures in the 9 to 15C range.

I'd say you'd want to take a look at the drainage in your garden, there really isn't any reason why it shouldn't be possible to cut your grass once we hit April. Cork has had as much rain as Meath this month (not a lot really) and i've been cutting my lawn weekly throughout April.

Not a good day here in NCD, yes its mild but all day there have been torrential downpours so it was very hard to do anything outdoorsy.

Showers were so heavy in Malahide Castle earlier that the queues for a change were to get out of car park rather to to find a place to park!

A shame on a bank holiday weekend.

So long to a dreadful April as far as I'm concerned.

Feels like it rained every day this month and apart from last two days it has felt very cold for April.

I know its not summer but at this stage I would usually be in my lighter coats but not a chance until last two days. To be honest for me anyway there were plenty of days in April that fell worse than the winter!

Well no wonder I'm desparing at this spring when you look at the stats!

March for last few years at DA usually has rainfall of 30- 50mm it was nearly 120mm this year.

Those years were then followed by 10-25mm of rain in April. We have had 70mm at DA and that's not including today's downpours!

Gonza I know you're in Meath but no wonder your having issues with the garden.

Mine not that bad but I do have a baby who is constantly soaking from crawling on grass every 5 mins as it never seems to fully dry out even on sunny day😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

I saw people with slight sunburn in Limerick city today, mind you when the sun hid and the breeze picked up it got chilly.

Sunburn, jaysus no chance of that here in North County Dublin, I've seen plenty of drowned rats over the last two days though😉

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Agree with you appledrop, good riddance to March and April. I wonder is there a drought around the corner or is 2023 going to be one of the dreaded wet summers in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Took a trip to Youghal today, amazing weather!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement