Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I managed to make spaghetti

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I have no idea. Test it there ... for science! I took the idea of the deep fried noodles from Marion's Kitchen on YT, was watching a video earlier on today for inspiration. She deep fried some wonton noodles sliced up.

Chicken curry!

With Haldiram's biryani

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

hmm fab... just back from Lanzarote.. ate my body wt in prawns while there.. must upload some food pics soon..

Some of the meals we had on our holibobs 💗☀️🍗🍤🌵🧄🌶️🍻

• Advertisement

Grr some pics are sideways - dunno why

^^ Looks amazing @sporina !

Intrigued about the green and red sauces (reminds me of South Indian food LOL!)

Some beautiful looking fish there...

Tell us about that creamy dish... veal maybe? And that sliced dish... chicken maybe? Looks yum 😍

I must admit that I have never eaten shellfish, like prawns, in the shell 😔 too squeamish maybe! But looks awesome!

It all looks fab though, and hope you had a great time in Lanzarote! 🤗

the sauces are Mojo - Canarian fayre.. https://www.guidetocanaryislands.com/red-green-mojo-sauces-recipe/

we loved em - brought a few jars home.. great with chicken in particular and spuds..

we love seafood/shellfish - sucked those prawn heads I tell ya - omg so sweet..

the creamy dish is a chicken in peppercorn sauce.. a bit too saucy for me but the dish was delicious to be fair..

sliced chicken - chargrilled - my fav dish tbh.. the flavour was unreal..

Paella for 1 made to order (hard to find - usually min 2 persons) - 30 mins wait but worth it.. hmm..

we had a fab time thanks - LZ has so much to offer - had not been b4... did loads of exploring etc.. food was great too..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Not been posting much, but still cooking away.

Nashville hot chicken sandwiches were a recent effort.. underwhelming, found this disappointing. I followed a quite authentic recipe from the US that required the use of some of the frying oil for the final baste. It's mixed with spices and sugar. All I could taste was cayenne and hot fat.

Been making tacos quite often with more success. I have a good rendition on pork carnitas that uses coke and oranges in the cooking liquid.

^^ Very drool worthy @Black Sheep! El Yucateco hot sauce is good...

Have you tried corn tortillas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Cajun wings with a homemade sauce from left over pizza sauce from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Figured it out 😊

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Yes, I mix it up tortilla wise. I even like the cheap old el paso hard taco shells!

El Paso tortilla chips are the best! Must try the hard shells...

Sausages, spinach, potato gratin (from Tesco!)

First time trying gnocchi. Storebought, but they're not bad at all. Going to have to look into making them properly at home.

Lamb Koftas on the grill over lumpwood, some home made egg fried, mixed leaves, and Naan bread.

May have worked better if I hadn't snuck a bite BEFORE the pic!

Stuffed

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Pasta bake and salad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Batch of pasta and meatballs

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I felt like a proper feast on Sunday, so spent a bit of time in the kitchen for matar paneer, dal tadka, aloo gobi and some fresh homemade masala parathas

• Advertisement

That's superb, Shenshen. I am *very* jealous.

Ghee and super hot cast iron, finally resulting in a sear I'm delighted with. Caper/anchovy/garlic butter accompaniment..

That looks amazing Dave! "Caper/anchovy/garlic butter" 😝 I'm sold.

^^ Ghee is brilliant stuff, great for high temp cooking.

This one is the job.

We have this one usually. No idea what brands are good.

I've tried similar Asian brands. I find the Irish (err, the one I posted is British) brands of ghee are really good, but also more expensive, and hard to find. Maybe around €6 per small jar. Great for fried potatoes.

@Shenshen That looks so beautiful and tasty. If you ever come to Cork, you must try Iyer's, if you have not already been!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm in Cork - well, Cobh.

I've been to Iyers a few times, it's definitely miles better than your average Indian takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Work colleague gave me a Rainbow Trout yesterday he caught.

Don't eat a fraction of the amount of fish I'd like to as my wife dislikes all fish bar the battered white type! Haven't fished in more than 20 years either though I did a lot of it as a teenager. It was delicious I really must make a habit of doing both again.

^^ Fresh rainbow trout is one of the finest foods on Earth. Looks delicious @Ryath!

Aldi frozen lemon sole, fried rice,etc. Easy win for Wednesday.

• Advertisement

Slightly jazzed up Nissin black garlic tonkatsu flavour instant noodles. Added some black garlic paste mixed with rayu and scallions/shimenjis.

I was feeling lazy.

Advertisement