Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭forchange

Comerman your the one things fogarty good enough for kilkenny

you should listen to the village man instead of running him down he knows his hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Fogerty was a stalwart for Kilkenny (it's think not things) , I think his legs are gone just like TJ and Padraig BUT I will never disrespect any of them like some spanners on here. Also we're waiting months on here for Village87 alternative team but silence is golden eh 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

How do you block a poster and their post's?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Click on their username and when you are brought to their profile, there is a drop-down option called "ignore"

Everyone should do it. His posts are torture to read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Click on the user name and then the blue banner gives you the ignore option

• Advertisement

Real sign of not being able to face the truth

no one ever said he did not give great service to kilkenny

fact he has played one good game for comer in 4 years as you said was he should have the courage to go rather than have his school pal select him

billy ryan had very poor year for club

5 years hurling for kilkenny and never never ever stared in a match

mossy taking of in Leinster hurling final all Ireland semie final and all Ireland

This year in 3 league matches did not get a puck of the ball taking off might be a great trier that’s not good enough

padraig Walsh being moved all over the place performances getting worse

Buckley the same

Walter the same

no matter how you try to dress it up and ignore what I say not one person has being able to counter act what I say the results are there to prove it and before you all get excited again and say last year all Ireland semie I on record as saying the only reason we done so well was because what I consider the greatest performance I ever seeing on a hurling field by the greatest hurler I have ever seeing

the only match of importance we won this year was against cork and they did not even put out there team

Wexford in Walsh cup when it mattered and for the last 3 years they have beating us when it mattered

tipp beat us in the league when it mattered

Limerick destroyed use in league final

could not beat galway in our own back yard with the ref giving us everything

so come down of your high horses and face reality we are going nowhere

we have to many poor players with very little skill and none have the guts to face up to it we are down with Antrim Dublin and until proved otherwise we are not able to beat Wexford when it matters

Maybe village man right it’s better than barring lads that are gone past it or not up to it

Hurlaway what are you talking about got advantage when you here commentary people say the ref is favouring kilkenny it has to be bad

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Why do you bother watching kilkenny hurling at all?

You obviously despise it and have no constructive criticism, just slating them over and over.

Also you can't seem to spell or dictate properly.

Ignore is a godsend, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

who do u want to play instead.we have what we have and what ever u say, the effort cannot be faulted

• Advertisement

Lyng is playing catch up with regards short puckouts and thereafter working the ball through the lines effectively. We know it wasn't embraced in past years so we'll have to be patient and allow Lyng leeway.

Kilkenny v Wexford in Nowlan Park. Offaly v Dublin in Tullamore.

I've asked that question of the twins on more the one occasion but they go into hiding for a bit and then come back repeating the same old rubbish.

To conversation 3 never seeing education put the ball over the bar yet

usually when educated people have to bring up others peoples education means they have list the argument again I refer to anything I have said backed with facts

and just because a lad can run around a field he good enough mossy has no skill he not cable if the basic thing in hurling in passing a ball

the 2 coner backs responsible for 50% of Galway scores today

they brought on 2 chaps in the last few minutes and they got a draw for Galway

I never needed education going up the hogan stand steps

please god your time will change because listening to the same thing

mossy a great trier waste of time

billy ryan 5 years has not played a good game And a very poor season for his club

see everyone now saying fogarty was

I never said he wasn’t but he is finished Evan at club level comer people will tell you that

walter terrible club year

it goes on and on and ye think you going to win all Ireland

you have a manager so inexperienced some of his decisions are baffling and out right stupid

so no matter what education you have it won’t turn mossy and Ryan into hurlers

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ragwort and Stones

Ok I'll indulge you. You name 6 or so players that are past it, Walter, Padraig Walsh, Fogarty, TJ, Buckley etc.

Another 6 or so aren't up to it, Butler, Tommy Walsh, Richie Read, Mossy, Billy Ryan included.

Could you please name the best 15 senior hurlers in Kilkenny? If you can't come up with alternatives you do realise Lyng has to deal with the best players available?

What is the point in belittling these amateur players who are giving their all for their county. Does it make you feel a bigger man? What's your real agenda, have you or some mate of yours not made some Kilkenny team. Because you're not showing any integrity in your posts.

Good post. Now, my advice to you is to hit the ignore button like posters have suggested and done.

I did not belittle anyone you either good enough or you are not you are gone past it or you not

aren’t you one of the people that in your words belittle Eoin Murphy by calling for him to be replaced because he following managers instructions

its inter county hurling you either up to it or you are not

murphy

Delaney

lawlor

rowe

heary

mullin A

corcoran

corcoran

blanchfield

gaffney

Cody

brennan

Tj

Deegan if he could do what he done for O’Loughlin’s 2-4 in a county final and tried every where bar full forward

Walsh

There is plenty more coming through from under 20 last year these people should go and not be taking up places (let others have the cars )

it’s 5 years these people have being tried and it has not worked out for them

it’s into 8 years now after this one we will be back to our longest spell

you talk about belittling players how many were belittling Eoin cody there the last few weeks anyone new about hurling new it only a me matter of time he another great player

you all think kilkenny improving because we are able to beat Antrim Westmeath a bad Funlin team again I put the facts on the table this year in Walsh cup when it mattered could not beat Wexford in the park

could not beat tipp in the park

The best said about the league final the better

and could not beat Galway in the park

these matches happened and as long as we keep looking at players that year after year have showing they not up to it and playing players that are gone past it nothing will change

so you can live on past glories the facts will not change and that is the last 7 years of Cody rain results and more important our hurling were disastrous and when he left he left a run down team

when it comes to lyng the fact is he has no experience look what a kilkenny man doing up in Kildare there was so many more experienced candidates

if anyone tried to defend what he done with the young lad from his own club he could have destroyed the young lad

he not able to make the hard decisions that have to be made so take off your rose tinted glasses and face reality

Walsh

fogarty

Buckley

walter

reid

ryan

keoghan

Alan Murphy

have showing they gone past it or not up to it

it’s amazing you say I belittle players when I face reality Cody use to ignore them till they went away

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Topcat32

Only fair to highlight some positives about yesterday despite the disappointment of not closing the game out, Huw Lawlor and Mikey Butler were very good, Tommy Walsh has been struggling a bit but overall we have a strong fullback line, Darragh Corcoran was good in the second half and Eoin Cody should get a lot of confidence from the game, John Donnelly had a lot of good moments but again couldn't sustain it for 70 minutes, I think there is a stamina issue with John which has lead to him getting dropped a fair few times by Kilkenny over the years, Mossy Keoghan did well when he came on and should start from now on in my opinion, the rest of the team had very mixed performances. Main worries for me are that we don't have a functioning midfield and the halfback line likely to start from now on lacks a fair bit of pace.

I'd be confident that we will see big improvements in the performance of TJ and Adrian Mullen over the next few games and hopefully Billy Drennan will get back to full fitness, so a decent run at the championship is very possible this year despite some big issues with the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 AhBoyDelaney

I would agree with all of that and Mossie straight in for Timmy. Mullen and fogarty in midfield. Corcoran to wing back and Padraig needs a rest

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Marrooned

I purchased a minor and u20 season ticket for €40 does it entitle me entry to today’s game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Threw that away yesterday. Couple of thoughts

TJ and Cody hitting those last two wides instead of keeping the ball in play and just creating rucks to kill the clock was really stupid. TJ going for the sideline in particular. Just brainless and very very unlike him to even take that shot on. What made it worse was our complete lack of organisation around it. The whole new stand side of the field was open for a quick puck out off the back of it. If you're taking that shot on then surely the team should be set up so that you're minimising the chance of conceding a score. Just bad bad on field management which has been a consistent issue the last few years.

Thought there was a serious lack of work rate in the forwards on the Galway puck outs in the first half in particular and the midfield were blew out of it. Mannion and Niland in particular were frequently just completely on their own. I don't know why our wing forwards pull so wide and leave such a big hole to the centre forward. I get that they're trying to stay close to the half back but 5 yards further in field could make a huge difference.

Corcoran not going to work as a midfielder. He looked way more comfortable at 7. Padraig struggled badly. Constantly falling over and his/our reliance on a diagonal ball regardless of what's happening in the forwards is a problem. Our forwards off the ball runs are bad as well. The timing is just off so that they always seem to be receiving the ball with the defender up their hole. Change of approach badly needed there.

Less said about the sub contributions the better. Brutal.

If anyone ever suggests moving Lawlor out of 3 again they should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

As always pandemonium here when we don't get the win and everything is wrong and everyone is to blame. Thank God we didn't lose.

Anyway not going to hide the fact we absolutely threw that match away and its very dissapointing a few matches like Tipp in league.and we downed tools against limerick and yesterday we couldn't see it out despite being 5 up with 5 mins to go. This is not what we usually associate with kk.

As others have said I was in the big new stand and the amount of space on that side for the last puckout and shefflin roaring at eanna Murphy to hit that side we were very slow. Being organized for the puckout when a free or line ball like we had is something we teach u15 but as village87 said Richie Reid no way should of being shoved off that ball. Very good man on the ball but lacks presence. We struggled to get Adrian into the game and Joe Cooney done a God job on him. We should of maybe took Joe out of his comfort zone and put mullen in around corner foward.

Some of Mikey butlers clearances yesterday were very poor the goal and a few points came from just terrible clearances. Nothing between kk and galway the last few years but yesterday is just one we should of seen out the lads will be dissapointed. We've a tricky one away next weekend but we should be winning the next few matches. Wexford of course won't be simple away the last day and altho they've gone back and suffering injuries form will go out the window. Wexford themselves have a tricky one against dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

I hear Mikey Carey is back... Any truth to it? Would be a big boost...

Yea thats the talk anyway he will be a help alright

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Butterbeans

Surprised, but delighted to hear that about Carey.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Yea he was sitting in with the subs yesterday.

Fairly drab 1st half for the minors. Full forward line getting a lot of ball and not using it well enough. Ed mcdermott in full forward looks very sluggish. I know he's returning from injury but got a lot of ball in there. He moved to corner forward and got a good point. Brian Moore playing corner forward got the goal and is hurling well along with Greg Kelly. Mikey stynes hurling well centre back. Up 1-08 to 0-05 at half time. Wexford started well but we started to control the game after about 15 mins.

Got through in the finish 1-18 to 0-17. Very like the last 10 minutes yesterday there were some unforced errors in handling and handpassing that were intercepted and nearly got Wexford level in injury time but in fairness the boys held out and got the last few points. Ed mcdermott came out to the middle in the last 15 mins and hurled better there than in the full forward line. A big step up needed in the leinster final but at least they're there. Stynes, Lauhoff and ahern were impressive along with Greg Kelly and Brian Moore in the forwards. Moore has a very good touch and burst of pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kilkenny made hard work of beating an average Wexford team, hitting a lot of wides. Through to Leinster final against Galway who beat them by 13 points in the preliminary rounds. Greg Kelly best of the forwards although Brian Moore was dangerous when he took his man on. Miley Stynes had a decent game at centre back, Ed McDermott did better when he went half forward. Realistically, the best that they can do is to try and restrict Galway to a smaller winning margin and see how they measure up against the Munster winners.

After 55 minutes yesterday Kilkenny had scored 25 points but only scored 3 more until play ended after 77 minutes. Eoin Cody did well in taking his scores and not overplaying the ball which had become a habit recently. Adrian Mullen was man marked and didn't get on a lot of ball. To me, Galway look the better team on paper but Kilkenny will be dissapointed not to win. I thought we gave the Galway backs way too much space and time on the ball to send good ball into their forwards who made good runs. Time has caught up with Padraig Walsh, Conor Fogarty and TJ. While TJ is still invaluable, his contribution will be reduced.

I don't think that there are players outside the squad who can be drafted in. In fairness, a number of players have been tried at midfield with none nailing down a place, Darragh Corcoran did better when he went half back but I would swap wings with Blanchfield who I thought did well. Maybe Paddy Mullen and Paddy Deegan at midfield?

I thought when TJ was taking a sideline near the end, we should have been dropping players back for the puckout to come. Instead Mikey Butler went up to corner forward.

It is likely to come down to the Wexford match to see if Kilkenny progress

Advertisement