Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Power - Amazon Prime

• 30-03-2023 8:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Quick search doesn't show a thread on this?

I really enjoyed the book, interesting premise and was a page turner.

Good cast for TV show version including Toni Colette.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I can't believe it's not X-Men* 😀

• with just one mutant power for all the Mutants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well this looks electrifying 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not caught the show yet but the book is a lot more than that. It is a really interesting page turner.

1: Do you want me to have you as the baddie for the whole show? Then having anti-Irish racism as your first interaction is going to have you as the baddie for me for the whole show!

Definitely a lot more adult themed that I picked up from the trailer. Still aiming at a young adult audience I'm guessing.

The show feels a bit like X-Men in introducing mainly young people developing their powers. Maybe also a little like the first seasons of Heroes, with the exploring of powers, and Sense8, with the very international set of locations involved.

Yer wan who killed the child abusing fosterer, the voice she's hearing, it's strange. Maybe she's hearing voices but part of me is wondering if someone else is using the power to talk to her.. and so something like a Professor X from the X-Men.

The daughter of the baddie.. from the trailer and this episode.. getting kinda Sylar from Heroes vibes off her.

I missed the bit in the trailer where it was "all teenage girls"..

scuse me while I go check for all the one votes... https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10369484/ratings/

Yep... there they are.

2: Yeah definitely getting Sylar from Heros vibes from..

Roxy .. the whole having lots of the power .. the strongest .. also wanting to do violence already.

I'm guessing maybe Allie or Jos are being indicated as the Peter Petrelli equivalent to take her on.

Allies head voice still a mystery whether she's talking to herself or someone else.

Felt a bit like the adult/shock factor toned down a bit in this one.

Strange but the Airplane coming down didn't feel a huge shock. I'm guessing it's more to spur on events

• Advertisement

3: Yep, definitely feels like a Peter Petrelli from Heros shaping up in the form of

Allie. She may well have to confront Roxy at some showdown in the future. Some kind of very reluctant type showdown maybe.

Was totally getting Famke Janssen vibes from the first few scenes of the first X-Men film at the end of this episode with Toni Collette doing her speech.

Right so, that was the introductory 3 episodes. I mean, solid intro and looks like they have the money to do the effects and all. Just they'll need to do a story somehow. So far the twists feel very familiar from other shows but it's early days.

4: Phew! Glad they found a way to leave off there in the middle of automatic guns vs close range weapons. That was getting daft.

Cool to see the power being explored in different ways. Feels like they're gonna try bring all kinds of electricity stuff into it.

I did think it was a bit odd, that a cool new lighting effect wouldn't be used by more in a nightclub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just finished watching it all.

Must say a really good show. It certainly does have Heros vibes off it but unlike in Hero's where they all had different powers and any gender could have powers in this they all have the same power and its only girls, Women and intersex genders so far who have it.

The birth scene was very intimate.

Also is that it for season 1 or will there be more and has a season 2 being confirmed?

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

really enjoyed this! Had so much going on! Hope they are making season 2!

5: Alright. I think the power is going widespread with this episode.

I thought Tatianas story hit harder after the UCD report released over the weekend: https://twitter.com/SerpUcd/status/1672250659284893696?cxt=HHwWgIC2oavHg7UuAAAA

Toni Collette really delivered her Emmy and Golden Globe and Oscar nominee creds when

she got the power from her daughter. She really sold that. The actress playing Tatiana was alright but not that convincing.

Very satisfying scene seeing the electricity going off from outside as all the women escaped from the brothel

Advertisement