Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Someone was asking for the full Neti clip showing the lead up and this one shows it more clearly. https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/1331450/neti_yellow_card/

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭bingobango12

Would tickets become available again on Ticketmaster for the final or do people usually sell them privately if they don’t want to attend anymore. Thinking there must be Toulouse/Sarries/Ulster/Racing etc fans that would have bought tickets in hope of reaching the final that will look to sell their tickets on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

I believe Kelleher was training this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭TRC10

I'd be very surprised I'd Ross starts this weekend. I imagine they're keen to wrap him in cotton wool given how important he is with Sexton out. We'll be more than able to get the job done with Harry at 10. The Sharks away from home without Etzebeth and Kolisi don't worry me too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Agreed. Not a hope Ross starts in the URC knockouts between now and the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭theVersatile

While we're posting Reddit clips, I was surprised this wasn't given another look when it happened at the time. Very much the edge of legality.

(Please do not kill me this time, fellow board members)

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/133vks8/james_ryan_huge_clearout_on_jack_willis/?sort=top

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

• Subscribers Posts: 41,801 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Exceptional clean out. Should have been a penalty to Leinster to begin with as the ruck had already formed the moment vdf came in contact with the Toulouse player.

It's not James Ryan's fault Willis was beyond the players on the ground and got rucked back over them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

In real-time I agreed with you, but when they showed the replay at the time and you get the second angle it looked fairly textbook to me. Other than his legs going in the air, I don't see any issue with it. He wraps, no clear head contact and is rolled over which is what causes the legs to go up. He is not picked up and/or dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

James Ryan has become an utter bastard on the pitch and it's joyous to watch. He's genuinely playing to the very razor edge of violence.

He's not a monster lock like Skelton or Meafou, but pound for pound he's one of the best in the world right now

I would like to see Harry. Good chance for him to get meaningful minutes in a knockout match.

I think Porter is very lucky not to have seen a card. I didn't notice it during the match..

R.O.G pointing UT the slog of the top 14! Any thoughts? He's correct in a sense that the Frontline players aren't able to be rested like our international lads?

Either way, our depth is seriously outrageous and bred in Leinster. We have witnessed a brilliant few years for Leinster. 1 euro is probably not great but, 1 loss was at the hands of a team that cheated and were forced into a lower league. Last year, La Rochelle deserved to win, imo. We shot ourselves in the balls too often to get the win.

I don't think there's any chance of more going on public sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Phenomenal clearout, thanks for posting.

Arms wrapped, drives straight with no lift, no head contact. I’m at a loss as to how this is on the edge of legality in any way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

1 euro is probably not great but, 1 loss was at the hands of a team that cheated and were forced into a lower league.

Just for the sake of accuracy / pedantry, Saracens never cheated in Europe as there was never a salary cap there.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

ROG has a huge squad full of international players. He said previously about how they constantly rotate and majority of players in his squad get game time because of the long season. His frontline players are constantly rotated in and out of the team to make sure they are fresh.

The French players are also rested because that was agreed for the WC. The bad old days when Sexton was over in France are long gone. That was when French players went back to clubs in middle of 6 nations for games, all that is gone now and the players are rested during the season. Look at Toulouse on Saturday, the team hadn't played the week before, the week before that Dupont etc all started on bench and not going to play but injuries forced them on early so they didn't even put them into squad.

That is not going to stop ROG going on about poor wee little Rochelle against the mighty Leinster with a team full of players on holidays.

Leinster have been in the top 4 teams for a number of seasons now, still doesn't mean they will automatically win anything. The likes of Sarries/La Rochelle/Toulouse/Racing etc have had incredible teams at the same time. Losing to the Bulls last year was the old game I would question Leinster losing to a team which they should beat but that was down to a total lineout malfunction

• Advertisement

100% correct, but Sarries cheated to win their league, which gave them an easier qualification route to the final. So did it help them? certainly. Would they have got to final anyway? probably because they have an incredible team

In 2019 they had a better team than Leinster and deserved to win the final. Better team on day etc

In 2020 covid messed up Leinster, if that game was at the time when planned, with a full stadium I would fully expect Leinster to win.

Just watched the BT interview with ROG. The english really have it in for Leinster don't they? totally missed ROG questionable point about Leinster having a difficult few weeks and just wanted to talk about Leinster having a handy few weeks till ROG pulled them up on it.

It is interesting how the narrative is run with BT, when Sarries had a multi million euro squad it was the greatest thing in the World, how they could rotate and bring players in to win games. This was incredible.

Now Leinster have a strong squad and it's totally biased against Leinster the coverage. I know they are also selling the Premiership but you would think they would have enough sense to be a little bit unbiased in the European games. Especially when they totally ignore the multi millions squads the French teams have available. Can't wait for BT to get kicked off European games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

After the same people who are crying about this incident turned a blind eye when Antonio should have got a red in the 6N match I am not going to show them any sympathy now. tough ****, you didnt get the decision, play on.

With that porter incident, it looked to me like the ball carrier actually jumped into porter after he passed the ball, and porter swotted him off.

Porter was a yellow card. Even if he gets cited it will be a yellow card which is no ban.

Depending on citing, Toulouse could have three and all of them would be red which would have a huge affect on them going after Top 14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I really don’t get your take on these, Porter wasn’t a yellow in any interpretation of the incident. The player pretty much jumped into Porter, Porter has no obligation to do anything in this scenario, he pretty much just swatted him away.

It happened right in front of Barnes and Barnes gave penalty advantage at the time. I’m pretty sure it was reviewed by th Tmo at the time and no further sanction was necessary.

Your consistent posting in this thread with rubbish like this has made a lot of people in here hit the ignore button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Watching the La Roch match, and it's incredible how egregious some of the messing they were allowed to do in red zone. There was a ruck in the second half on their line, where Skelton literally came in from the side and lay over the ball, and Peyper did nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

He upended the player and dropped him on his back. It was a clear yellow. No duty of care. Not a red.

Well he didn't "upend" the player because it was the player who jumped onto him. The 'duty of care' comes when you lift a player

It was seen at the time by the referee who decided not to give a yellow card.

I don't expect anything to come from any post game review either.

Not the cleverest play from porter, but not a tip tackle either.

• Advertisement

According to my understanding of the protocol he would get a yellow

Went above the vertical

Wasn't put down safely to the ground.

Came down on back and not on neck

Yellow card.

Do you think I care if you push the ignore button? especially from someone who clearly has zero understanding of the laws in rugby. Ignore away.

Advertisement