Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭De Bhál

No way I thought the pharmacist was undercover....but now...what is going on there.

Had to laugh also when Mikey the Kinahan cold blooded hit man was having a beer, then a knock on his front door..."come on in, it's open"

May as well be unlocked anyway as it doesn't look like much of a door really, from a security point of view

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Wonder where the Turkish villa scenes were shot?

The cars had EU plates anyway. Looks like Italy?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Evergreen_7

I think Molly is undercover. I don’t buy that she’s gettin married.

who was hit by the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,383 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes looked like Italy but you never know. For the end of season 1 they used a car park in the southside of Dublin to represent Malaga Airport car park, they had Spanish plated added to the cars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The one liner for ep8 is

Michael and Jimmy find common ground. Amanda proposes an unexpected partnership for mutual survival. Anthony and Nikita try to come to terms with the consequences of their actions.

The preview showed

Bren beating up Frank, with Jimmy in the background

Viking with blood splatter on one half of his face looking freaked out

Bren strangling the young lad who drove the car for Anthony

• Advertisement

True but the view shown was pretty spectacular, it'd cost a lot to CGI it in some warehouse! And the villa and outdoor fountains looked pretty authentic.

I looked at the credits, there was a second unit, lots of Spanish names. It could have been the Canaries or Balerics maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Oh ok so no one knows who that person was that they hit lol I thought I had missed a scene with that character or something, especially since they focused in on the face for a moment. It definitely wasn't Anna.

Just another frustrating and stupid thing on this show. Immediately after a hit the two lads take off their masks (incredibly dumb considering there is still CCTV on streets everywhere AND they were speeding). But this is so the viewers can see who it was, even tho the voice gave it away to anyone with ears.

So they spoonfeed you that info, meanwhile they zoom in on the face of someone you've never seen before leaving you wondering why you don't recognize them.

And my God they are taking their time getting to the inevitable Bren whacking. I like some of the actors on the show and I basically will watch any crime/mob stuff especially on a Sunday with nothing else on but jesus the writing is terrible. The dialogue is flat and boilerplate stuff, so many nonsensical or farfetched plot points. I think they threw in the thing with Molly getting married just because other than that, and the events surrounding Eamon's getting whacked, it's incredibly predictable.

And it's actually quite an admirable achievement how any show can go a full hour without single joke or funny scene, week upon week. Tho I guess Frank passed out in the gay club was kinda funny. But beyond that I think the last time the show had any craic was when Viking answered the door to the guards bollock naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭redn90

I expect that Amanda is going to make a deal with the Turkish woman, she doesn't know her cousin is crossing her. Frank's a goner, isn't he? Thanks for the response btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I looked at it a few times and can't make out who it was hit by the getaway car.

When they were looking out the back window for so long I just thought wtf......now you just going to hit something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It isn't anyone we should know. It was just a lingering shot to show they've killed this innocent person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

the cops putting a guard in a chemists in the hope of Michael turning up and attempting to start a relationship. Give over. Never mind the this undercover guard would also need to be an actual chemist to be allowed to assist all the other people who come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Or an undercover guard having sex with a person of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,506 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Her reaction to the bullet proof vest was a bit off for an undercover cop also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Certainly not one of the better episodes ....Frank off his face and alone in a gay bar orgy, thought he was the only gay in the village

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭8mv

Fair play to Gadgetman496...

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Good episode ... sets up next week nicely ... Like some other feel that Bren will end up being shot ... cliffhanger ... but survives for series 3 ... a la Darren Love/Hate 1-2 ... Between Bren v the others the Anna storyline and the Turks I get the feeling they will hold back some of these stories for series 3 ... but some fairly main character will get killed next week I'd say .... I confess the person at the end looked like Anna but I doubt it is her ... too much story for her to kill her off ...

I do feel that this Molly will not be all she seems ... I do not buy it that she is getting married somehow ... she has left or more likely was forced to leave/was frightened and left ... I didn't take much notice of her early on but she was prob in it since series 1 when Michael began having those epileptic fits ... but I do not think she is an undercover cop ....

The Turkish family and the Kinsellas remind me of each other ... the daughter is like Amanda and there is a Bren type lurking among the others who want more bloodshed ... could see Amanda and the daughter be allies trying to stop the tit for tat that is going on between both sides ...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

At least the 2 hitmen got to enjoy there slushees before they were clipped

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It was clear from Amand's facial expressions at the meeting with the local drug supplier, that she twigged there was something wrong with his sense of urgency in wanting the delivery within a week after he came in from the phone call outside. She has his measure and suspects he's in cahoots with the Batuk's.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Only thing Molly is undercover as is a cheating ho-bag.

She really is gone off to get married, she just needed to get one out of her system with a handsome bit of strange and the rugged organised criminal was just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's beyond me that they never check their wagons for tracking devices.

Viking wondering how the lollypop kids found him, hello!!!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Michealog

It’s only rough St Stephan’s day

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michealog

I’m only half way thru - why would you do that !!

you’re gonna give me a heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,369 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ahh! That explains why the dude in the suit who's accosted me every time I've arrived there looking for his bus fare to Cordoba didn't appear on the scene.

I hadn't been there since before Covid and was getting a bit worried about him 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Anyone else just find themselves saying "De Baaatyouks" out loud when they jump back to a scene in Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Maybe Molly is using the wedding/honeymoon as a cover to get out and move pharmacy/location to get away from Michael, as she could never live that life? It could have been a pharmacy chain, so would be easy to move branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Spencer101

It seems unlikely that she is undercover. But in the real world there was some British cop in the last 10 years who slept with more than one woman whilst undercover. However think the whole point of the scene where she saw the bullet proof vest was to show it wasn’t her world. Is it beyond possibilities that she just wanted one last ride with someone else before her wedding ?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Anyone else think amanda will be preggers after the night with Mikey?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

It maybe that the person they hit has family who will come after them and blow open that operation.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,603 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I meant more it was a cover story for having to get out of that particular branch, as she wanted to get away from Michael, without him knowing.

I don't really believe the undercover cop theory myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭riddles

Didn’t even check after the attack

Advertisement