Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk Thread (Love you Furlong time)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

He tries to draw the man before passing and get's smashed, boohoo play on. Next time dont forget the tampon, its a tough sport so maybe he should man up and spend less time crying about hit hard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Rugbymad2020

It’s amazing,if that was an Irish player u wouldn’t here the end of it.fact is he drove the player down,yellow card all day long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Shehal

Nope, perfectly fine. Melia should have been told off for his theatrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭letsbefair

4 Matches, 2 Trophies can we do it ? It’s all about squad management and luck with injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Sharks still have a lot of good players even with Kolisi and Etzebeth missing. They're very powerfully and have a lethal counter-attack. If Leinster out out a second string side they could easily be beaten.

But Sharks definitely look poorly coached and don't play to the sun of their parts. After a few phases in defence they lose structure and begin to leave gaps to run into.

If Leinster and Glasgow win their respective QF's, the semi the week after would be very interesting. Both sides have European finals on the weekend of the 19th-20th May Could see shadow sides for both in the SF against each other.

The behaviour of three or four Munster fans in this thread is nothing short of ridiculous.

Forensic frame by frame analysis of inconsequential incidents from a dominant Leinster win to what end? To try and imply Leinster’s win is somehow less emphatic or what?!

It’s genuinely nothing short of embarrassing at this stage.

Every single game of significance of recent times on here descends into an endless shitstorm debate around one or two refereeing decisions, whereas actual great rugby gets a fleeting mention.

Tiresome in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

I guess you are referring to me because I posted images?

Well I am a life long Leinster supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RidleyJones

im waiting for Sexton to return for the European final to repay for the Skelton is out from last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Ben Bailey

The TMO was Stuart Terheege, who is English. Perhaps Goode could ask him directly.

• Advertisement

Is it not the case that "the calibre of squad they had" was only possible because they deliberately cheated. Had their squad been reduced to conform with their domestic salary cap would they still have progressed to the level they did at European level. ?. If Saracens had acquired & paid better players, kept them separate from 'domestic' squad training and only played them in European competition would that squad have progressed ?.

I don't see cheating at domestic level being not cheating at Euro level.

Have just seen it pointed out that for Sheehan's try, Conan burrows right through the middle of the Toulouse maul and disrupts the 9 who panics and flings that pass away. Another outstanding bit of play, didn't notice it at all at the time.

Match clock about 22:50 here.

The URC QF against the Sharks will have a reduced capacity of 19,000.

Also the latest injury update has been released. There are no fresh injury concerns following the semi final. Henshaw will be further assessed this week after picking up a quad injury. Ronan Kelleher and Joe McCarthy have stepped up their rehabilitation and could be available soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,605 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Shyte! I though Kelleher would have made it this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

As a neutral, Leinster were well worth their win. The way Leinster can bring things up a gear at certain points of the game is impressive to watch. absolutely ruthless and will turn the screw. The interplay between backs and forwards, and how everyone works together in defence is an example to all.

Players like Sheehan, Ryan Doris, VDF, JGP, Ringrose and Keenan are genuinely world class. I am not being critical of other players but these on form would be on or close to a world XV. Saying that Conan had a stormer and Byrne answered his critics. Furlong is getting back to best and Porter must be horrible to play against.

While it was a good win on the scoreboard, I think there is plenty for LAR to get confidence from:

• Beat Leinster last season. Against the odds.
    • Lansdowne Road is not an intimidating stadium.
    • Toulouse were on top in the first 15 mins or so. They were making big inroads and had Leinster in the rack.
    • Toulouse got the bench wrong with Dupont playing out of position.
    • Leinster scored 28 points when Toulouse were down to 14 men. Focus on discipline and they have a chance.
    • if Ramos had taken that intercept it would have been Toulouse building up a lead.
    • If Porter had got the yellow card then Toulouse would have had their own advantage after scoring just before half time.
    • The second yellow was an unnecessary brain fart. They had a just got a 50-22 and looked well positioned to get a score when it was pulled back by the TMO.

saying that, all of the above will help to keep the players and the supporters grounded.

I'm sure there will be some happy people if Leinster lose. It's their prerogative, of course.

This is possibly the last chance. I think the side will suffer with Stu exiting. Minus Sexton too! It's still a good squad and will be a tough out for anyone but, I don't think we will have the same level of coaching.

I was thinking that Rennie could have been an option.

The whole season has been played without Sexton TBF. He's played about 20 mins in Europe. This season has been Ross Byrne all the way.

Lancaster, yeah it's very sad to see him go. Has a great opportunity and you can't begrudge anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭durthacht

I don't know about that as change is inevitable. I remember being concerned when Cheika was leaving, same with Schmidt, Gibbs, McQuiklin, and others.

Lancaster is world class and will be missed, but apparently Goodman is very highly regarded and must be ready to step up. McBryde is a Lions coach, and JN's expertise has been compared to Shaun Edwards. That coaching set up is equal to anybody in the world so I think the transition will be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

I'm not overly worried about Lancaster moving on. Obviously he's a loss and I'd prefer if he was staying but as Eddie Jones said "if you want to be a good coach, get good players" and Leinster have plenty of those. We are in our 4th final in 6 years.

• Advertisement

My concern is not for the day to day coaching of the first team. I think we’ve loads of good coaches to design game plans and keep Leinster winning.

Where I think Lancaster is world class and harder to replace though is his development work with younger players, and the improvements in current players.

I don’t think any of the other coaches have shown the same level of expertise in that specific area.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Do we know how much Leo is involved in that aspect?

Honestly, no.

I’ve seen them train live a few times and went to some of the open sessions though and was always struck by how much hands on stuff Lancaster in particular does.

Equally, Lancaster seems to be the one the players are most effusive in praise of when speaking about training etc.

Not taking anything away from Leo, but I think the coaching is primarily Lancaster’s domain.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's pointless trying to throw dirt at Saracens when Leinster don't have a salary cap. They were a better team and won by playing better rugby, simple as.

Leinster dealt well enough with Toulouse's power game, but we still saw the latter make some very good ground when they went through phases. Meafou especially looked threatening. Some powerful carries and smart offloading. What Leinster did well was to scramble after the big bust or offload was made. In that sense, I think we saw how we might take on La Rochelle. Take the big man down, but don't lose the head if and when he makes ground anyway.

The big issue with that Skelton is an even better player than Meafou. He'll do more damage if you let him.

Lot of talk about other players but another ridiculous game from VDF in terms of workrate.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,801 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its no wonders hes the target for a lot of off the ball stuff in games these days, hes simply incredible.

I'm not trying to 'throw dirt' at Saracens. Who they played, and beat, is a matter of record.

Now, do you want to answer the point I actually made ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭ersatz

Conan coming back to the form of his life is great news for Leinster and Ireland but what a headache to leave Doris playing 6 when is he also a world class 8, and for Ireland one of them likely ends up on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Lovely headache to have. Springing one of them (Conan) from the bench with 30 to go changed games in the 6N

Advertisement