Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I didn't see the race, I'll watch it later, two days in the row now without a main prize, it's easy to get discouraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

some of me place (each way part / place-only on exchange) bets, plus the kid's 5/1 (won @ 13/2 I think) Seddon, at over in Punchstown, ensures I made a bitta profit today,,,

,,, which is good 😊

weren't easy finding 'em today

not hard at all to get discouraged at this craic 🙂

anyhow, have a good rest o' wkend missus 😊

in 9,o'c Wolves DEW YOU BELIEVE 17/2 EW , has no obvious chance on recent poor form, but wasn't unfancied lto over c & d. former CD winner persists with the extended mile, and will do me here

Okeanos ~ 7/4 fav is opposable on account of his being stepped up in trip, imo, but does look most likely

Inexplicable ~ 9/4 will surely be there or thereabouts, but has had thirteen runs since his last victory (over CD) in November gone - with 5 of those over course and distance, and a fair few 'crossbar jobs' amongst them

g'luck

no joy there, and Inexplicable wins like an odds-on shot ;(

g'nite

:)

From BHA report: "BROOKLYN NINE NINE (IRE), trained by Richard Fahey, ran without its left-fore shoe as the trainer had not indicated at declaration stage that the gelding should be withdrawn in the event of losing a shoe on the way to post."

• Advertisement

Two for today, both in Musselburgh: well supported Mystic Pearl in 4:45, and another, more speculative one Muzaffar in 5:15.

Morning 😁

very tired is me, just looked on hyah for inspo.

Mystic Pearl well supported. Sire has 2 turf winners in times recent, but they was over 6furlongs on soft. leave that one off - hope it wins for ya missus. in that race, I looked at one I backed before: GOMETRA GINTY 20/1 EW. has gone well in the past over CD - has a win and a second from back in 2021. mainly been campaigned over 7furlongs since - will do me. drifting like a barge tho, but I'll not let that worry us

Muzaffar ~ 12/1 EW 5,15. had very quick look, and his 2nd and 3rd last runnings on t'Tapeta over 11 & 12 furlongs at Newcastle and Southwell looks good enough for me 😊

in 4.45 Mystic Pearl race, thought it strange Haggas sending one up north for a Class4 were a bit unusual. checked it out and he's some strike-rate since 2010 - 41% win record in that timeframe, with twenty winners from 49 runners sent to Scottish venue

barring ur two missus, i've not had a look at owt else. too wrecked me

best of luck with yours j@u 🤣

good spot on Muzaffar j@u ☺️

now a general 9/1 - 17/2 shot.. not so "speculative" at all this poster wouldst opine 😛

hope ya got on at a big price - was 18s earlier appaz

has to win yet tho 🙂 🙂

Mystic Pearl well supported. Sire has 2 turf winners in times recent, but they was over 6furlongs on soft. leave that one off - hope it wins for ya missus. in that race, I looked at one I backed before: GOMETRA GINTY 20/1 EW. has gone well in the past over CD - has a win and a second from back in 2021. mainly been campaigned over 7furlongs since - will do me. drifting like a barge tho, but I'll not let that worry us

on that 4.45 Muss race:

Gometra Ginty just off the pace early - in front rank and travelling okay ~ 3fs out. looking ominous (well he was ~ 20/1 🤣) at around the two pole, and fades...

well-backed jolly Elim wins, the Dalgleish/Fanning horse made a race of it in second, and got close without ever looking likely

first two , then everything else nowhere; looked about 10lgths back to the third on original viewing - in a mile hcap !!

mebbe it's a bit worse than Good to soft - either that, or the first two was waay better than rest,,, was a Fillies' Handicap tho, so there is that 😝

t'Wench's pick come fourth

too good is ire j@u to be stuck on 'lukewarm' list

better days ahead 🙂

! Hon Muzaffar !

Muzaffar looks pulled up :(

'Sake !!

• Advertisement

chance THATS JET EW 5.25 Sligo

gl

enuf 4m me - not going near the rest of Musselburgh

mebbe tomorrow

g'lk :)

have a luuk at tomorrow

Monday 1st May

Curragh - Soft

Eight declared for this 7f Group 3. not sure what Going was at final stage, so could be a few defections, perhaps? might even get heavy, or close to it, yet

anyhow, there's 3 places available, so will go with one win and one each way pick

have a look first at single-figured ones what I want to be against/don't think are good enough

Agartha ~ 4/1 . a CD winner in a very good time. that was on soft going also when making all in a Group 2 2yo race in August '21. hasn't fared so well since then in trying similarish tactics, and mainly in races contested over 7fs, and a mile. won in her last 2022 outing when making all at Tipp, but that were over slightly further and on better ground. her comeback run was on heavy going over a mile at the course, and can perhaps be excused, but she was beat about 2fs out there. hard to be enthusiastic, and the 4s available look short

Queen Animatu, the very short-priced 11/10 fav has done well on the AW recently, but she's never won at all on the turf, and has hit the crossbar (in lesser races too) on the grass, in races what had "Soft" in Going description. ya'd have to be against overall - even at 2/1 I wouldn't be tempted, let alone at her current price

Star Girls Aalmal ~ 4/1. just not seeing it at all at all. good luck anyone what can make case for HDB Filly

2 hopeful picks - reasonably priced, methinks, if they run like I hope they do 🤣

JUST BEAUTIFUL ~ 7/2 WIN. If it weren't for her last run - a staying on third over ~1f less - which was over 6f at the course, i'd have to be against. prior to that she'd mainly only raced on turf on ground that was "Good" , or better. will overlook her Leopardstown flop in September, as she was freegoing and having her first (of two so far) run for new trainer. staying 7f on soft or worse ground is a '?' tbs, but will do me, and i'll go win only here. might not stay 7fs on soft/heavy is slight worry/negative

HONEY GIRL ~ 11/1 EW. Only a maiden she won lto, but it was over CD and on soft/heavy going. had hit the crossbar before when she was with Henry DB for her first eight races. two of those were on soft ground, and she only managed to come 5th in both those - which were both over a mile. in that case, will call her most recent run a 'marked improvement'. will do me each way anyhow. might not be good enough would be slight worry/negative with this pick

am seein' nowt what jumps off page out the field, so am happy enough with the two picks. a possible nr or two is also slight negative with us each way pick

g'l

😊

Down Royal Good - Yielding

if going stays same and don't get softer, then me'd give TRAMPS LIKE US 16/1 EW a reasonablish squeak here. a ~ 12 lgths 4th lto was a marked improvement on his previous outing - both were ~2m NH Flat races on soft/heavy going,,, am thinking he'd be better suited by good/close to good ground - which racecard is stating it as being at, currently

Tommies Call , the ~ 5/2 co fav of three in this, may prefer softer going. will keep eye on this one, and if price and going are simila laterz, then me'll consider do a place-layee on this one

good luck :)

2.02 Warwick

Good is t'Going here, sapposedly .

with that in mind, EMILY'S STAR 8/1 EW NB can go well here. weren't beat far on her first hurdles' run lto... benefit of that, plus the betterer going should see her go very close.. them Kayf Tara progeny can be well suited by ~ 2m over ye stickes on goode

Queens Gamble ~ 1/4 fav is a Getaway Mare, and they might prefer further, or softer when sent over obstacles. plenty of right good form from her first three Bumper goes - granted, they were all on mainly good ground. flopped lto on Soft, but that was Chelty Bumper, so will strike a line thru that run. anyroad, she'll be having her first hurdles' spin later, and the likelihood she'll want further in time (hopefully not today 🙂) makes her a lay @ ~ 1/3 . could also fall etc, so'll chance place-lay as well at très short odds

best I can tell it be sunny/cloudy today at Warwick, so will hope ye rain holdeth off

Yeah, I took double digits earlier, the movement in the market was encouraging until... from BHA website "Oisin Orr reported that he felt something amiss on MUZAFFAR, so felt it prudent to pull the gelding up; the Veterinary Officer reported that a post-race examination of MUZAFFAR failed to reveal any abnormalities." I'll keep him in the notebook for now.

What is that supposed to mean? What's the net muzzle?

i dinna have a clue. if it's, and likely it is, a piece of equipment/gear like cheekpieces or summat, well i aint never heard o' no 'net muzzle'

:O(

fav wins there

my pick, Emily's Star, a non-runner 😒 pity, cos the way the jolly jumped and hung, summat half-decent with experience would've had that race for tekkin :(

• Advertisement

had a look - think it's like a mask what's put in front of horsies' faces for to stop them inhaling midges/pollen etc - like them yokes we had to wear for ~ 2yrs; horse dead right to "refuse" it , or "not face" it : whatever that means 😉

5:53 Bath - who's gonna chase the odds on favorite home? Havana Goldrush?

i think BONUS 22/1 EW can go well in Bath 5.53 and get a place perhaps. has won over soft and heavy when making all/most over 7fs on two occasions on the turf. has flopped a few times o'er a mile, but those were mainly races on good going, and perhaps making running weren't best tactics. has never won from hold up ride, but i think it's way forward

layoff not really a negative - and as far as "hold-up" rides go, he did come 2nd over 7fs at Yarmouth on Good to Soft last June. could be a contender here for sure. deserves NB vote at prices

g'l

I just saw the result for curragh (me not touching irish racing anymore), great call on Honey Girl - winner winner chicken dinner 😅

ee that were alrihghtright 😊

pity i missed da race - what with snooker and mekkin tea

anyroad, HONEY GIRL WINNNNNS !

😁

thankee v much j@u 😊

appreciate yer kindly msg :) :)

me actually had look, independently, at that race, without seein' yer post. saw fav was gambled on into ~ 4/7 from ~ 5/4 earlier. thought/hoping he'd be a lay/place-lay, but, nahh, he really should be winning this

i give Bonus a not unreasonable squeak in us post higher up page - not liking any of the single-figured ones, outside of le verry prohibitively priced jolly

can't rule Havana Goldrush out, but it were on good to soft - albeit over course/distance... has mainly raced on the AW, and the very few goes he's 'ad on turf were on ground on no worse than Good to Soft. infacta, that last run where he prevailed, was first time he's ever had a go with ground what had a "mention" of Soft in description

i've a poor strike-rate when opposing ur picks 😂 #so i aint gonna rule him out at all at all

#altho they might not like 'proper' Soft ground. not enough info (or knowledge from me heheheh 🙂) to put ya off, and 7s don't seem huge, but far from unfair, imo

verdict on Havana Goldrush's claims - of winning, or following fav home - is "I'm mainly on the fence; think is not likely winner tho, and not tempted to back either w/o fav or to come placed (~6/4 on exchange to place first three) . soft/softish going enough to put me off. If was betting him, i'd pick the betting without favourite option "

• Advertisement

5,05 DR

Tommies Call a non

me pick Tramps Like Us Each way should go well on the "Yielding" Going.. had deteriorated to yielding-yielding to soft places from original Good-Yielding. has improved massive from 1st to 2nd runs, and even more improvement + the better ground (than them two soft/hvy ground Bumpers) can give us plenty o' cause for optimism @ 20s

Advertisement