Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

I experienced a situation today that I was unable to immediately resolve.

I had the KIA Connect App open and connected to my MY22 e-Niro, and I accidently touched the floating 'Climate Control' button and it sent the command to the car. I know it stops after 10 minutes, I wanted to stop it immediately, but I could not find any way to do that.

The Stop Climate Control button was greyed out, so I decided to go out to the car to stop it. I couldn't stop it in the car either. I tried turning on the car and then off again, but the climate control just kept going. It did of course stop when its allotted time was up.

Am I missing something?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

That's the zombie mode that people have come across, there is supposed to be an update to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭davidod1

Saw a lot about it on this thread, but never connected it with my issue. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Has anything been done to fix the heating issue - it’s driving me mad!

What heating issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Same with me, it is actually charging between 02:00 and 04:00 it's just that the data on EI's website is an hour off. They're over a month late billing me too.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Sorry if this has been asked before. MY20 E-Niro just had second service (a bit late). Software supposedly updated but I don't see any difference. What should I be seeing and what are the significant changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The old software on mine was like 3 panes and newer one they put on last year is like a purple background/icons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Could have been system software for the BMS or something, rather than Infotainment software

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

That's interesting, Energia's data is screwed up too. Not only is it an hour out, but they're showing the period 22.00 - 22.30 as day rate on their usage graphs! After multiple emails back and forth to their customer support, they've finally escalated it to their complaints department so we'll see what they come back with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Collected our K3 today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Limerickham

Hi all, ordered a k3 last Tuesday. I'm seeing a lot of people saying that they're not taking orders in dealers anymore.

My dealer (kerry) confidently told me I'd have my car around July. He told me to pick 2 colours in case he couldn't get my first choice.

Is there a reason for such a large discrepancy between dealers? I see those who ordered at the tail end of last year are getting their cars now.

Is there anyone who ordered more recently (feb/march) who has recieved their car?

A car transporting by boat is about 5 weeks. Let's say 1 week in construction and 2 weeks before shipping. Then about 2 weeks from arrival to the dealers.

So any with a customer within 10 weeks of order was already in production and en route, so would have been a cancelled order or an unallocated (earmarked demo) or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Biggest problem just seems to be K4. My father rang the dealer last week for an update on a k4 order. Dealer said he was hoping for end of April. Ordered the end of Jan. He said if he wanted to take a K3 instead he could have it for him within a few days.

Anyone know what ship the Kia/Hyundai's come in on?

Eukor's generally

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nami268

I had a K4 on order from October last year and had the usual run around on delivery. Originally it was to be end of January. Anyway finally last week the dealership informed me (only after I called to chase up) that the vehicle is finally on route and he also has the VIN number. Delivery is to be end or April or beginning of May.

Which would mean a ship in port any day now

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered our K3 in late Feb, collected it on Tuesday. South Dublin.

At the time I rang around and most dealers laughed saying they had no idea about stock and would not take an order. I suspect (maybe) ours was a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Evilcamper

I was the same as well should hopefully be end of April anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Romegie23

Hi.. Can anyone tell me what the Trailer Package is per the K4 spec? Thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

My local KIA dealer the last time I went by there had at least 10 brand new cars ready to go. Most of them were Niros with the odd Sportage too.

I will be passing again tomorrow and will update on that might even drop in for a visit tomorrow .

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nami268

My eNiro K4 that was ordered in early October is finally here and (almost) ready for collection! Also informed that the VRT rebate was reduced by around €495

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is it possible to turn on I-pedal and leave it on without having to turn it on each time?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I don't think so. It's the same as having 0 regen. As soon as you start the car again it defaults to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,987 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's fairly annoying! i pedal should be the default as it's the best driving experience.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I find level 3 nauseous so it's the worst driving experience.. for me

But there is a setting for it in the settings in the dash, in the menus beside the speedometer, I've seen it, but couldn't tell you where it is exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

I've a 2021 model Niro and like yourself I'm not a big fan of always driving on level 3, so I usually keep smart regen on as outlined about halfway through this video: https://youtu.be/RMi7URIS4Rs

This is obviously no use approaching a yield/stop sign or traffic lights, nor does it ramp up for corners, so I vary the base regen level with conditions, or brake with the left paddle and pedal if necessary. I can't imagine that this would work with any one pedal driving (as it will only brake automatically with traffic ahead), but since that's not a feature on the 2021 model, I don't miss it.

It's definitely each to their own when it comes to Regen. I actually prefer 0 or 1 regen most of the time and to use the left paddle if I want to slow down. I find the higher I go up, it feels like someone is pulling the car back with a rope and it just doesn't feel right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I just stuck it in auto and never looked back. Hold the left paddle top slow sometimes, but otherwise I've never changed levels, just left it in auto.

• Advertisement

You still have to have it in a regen setting, even with Auto on.

Advertisement