Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

From what I remember it was ex partners you cohabited with or were married to only

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

On my vetting for 2020 campaign if was any sexual partners within a certain timeframe i think it was going back 2 years but i could be wrong lol it was 3 year ago lol 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cba321

I was 2020 campaign and on my vetting it was only current partners or cohabitants no mention of exes and definitely not sexual partners

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Newbie05

Thanks. Do you remember how many years it went back to? I lived with someone 8 years ago. Zero idea about where he is now though! Just wondering how that might work

• Registered Users Posts: 12 HighlandDew

I think it is 5 years, also if you don't know you don't know lol I was in the same position, emailed vetting and they said to just say what I knew eg. last known address etc, just made sure they knew I really didn't know lol

• Advertisement

Thank you!! Really glad there was someone else in the same boat! When the time comes, I will do the same thing and ring so they know I genuinely don't know!! Thank you so much for your help! Definitely puts my mind at ease 🙂

Yeah I wouldn’t worry about that at all so you’ll not even need to call and enquire cause I’m pretty sure previous jobs only go back 5 years too.. not 100% sure cause I done it so long ago. I just know I 100% didn’t have to put any of that on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

From what I remember with previous partners and / or previous employers there is an option to put that you don’t know all the details.

Thank you everyone for your help 🙂🙂 Very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Am I correct in saying the police college don't have an intake in July?

Trying to guage when the top of the 2021 campaign will start to commence the college.

The confirmed April/May/June intake should exhaust the 2020 campaign. Fair possibility it could be August/September for top of 2021? I'm 100-120 so possibly September/ October? 🤔 😲

Things seem to moving quick enough now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Has anyone done their fitness assessment as yet? Had a look online regarding budgets for us not onto managed stages as yet but there isn't too much info

You won’t find anything online regarding budget for yous there’s no set time between stages or when one person finishes a stage and the next get invited for it the whole process is very sporadic and it’s done as and when they see fit and budget allows

Hi CBA321,

What I meant in terms of budget is whether or not the psni's budget had been increased or cut further this year as a whole as it has a knock on effect with recruitment. In terms of recruitment process, was just curious as to how far the guys that have been brought forward are. I know their vetting forms are now submitted and fitness was recent or due soon but just looking to see how people are getting on. Hope this clears up above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

Anyone any idea how long after PCA you get your medical?

Just depends there’s no set time frame between stages

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Po941

Did you guys see this article today with comments from the chief constable. https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2023/05/04/news/psni_facing_potentially_impossible_financial_situation_warns_chief_constable-3255587/

He says that the budget they currently have a 120 million shortfall in the budget and that even if they cut another 250 jobs in the next year they will still will probably be 80mil short. He says their will be a slow down in recruitment, and that they may have to look at other ways to cut the budget in the future such and a recruitment freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fusk_Asker

That's not good.. All we can do is sit tight and hope a total freeze doesn't come. I'm wondering if that will mean more will leave from attrition than new recruits will replace..

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

PCA done and dusted 💪🏼 - anyone else complete it yet?

Well done what you think of it? You go to GV for it?

<mod: location removed for security reasons> -Shield

Post edited by Shield on

• Advertisement

Done and dusted myself, online learning completed and medical date booked in😬😬

Yeah I’ve just got my online learning. Things are moving very fast. Vetting not back yet though and no medical yet. Was surprised to get online learning so quickly…

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

Hi everyone

I am currently in GV at the minute, there is some talk from the staff that at the minute there is 2 more intakes (may and june) nothing in july or August and then if the budget allows possibly an intake of the 2021 campaign in September, but this is only rumors nothing is set in stone so do not get your hopes up, just take it one stage at a time the recruitment process is not great especially with budget cuts etc

If anyone has any questions regarding GV or the recruitment stages pm me i am happy to help if i can

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Is the online learning intense?

I have not started it yet… probably should make a start!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Hurry up lol, we are all living it through you! We need regular updates every 2 hours! Thanks in advance

Online learnings straight forward, did it in about hour and a half thought it would have been alot more intense

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭forumnewbie21

No, I didn't think so. It says 16 hours but it took me about 2-3 🙈

• Advertisement

Hi guys, anyone know what the score is if your a single parent in relation to shift patterns? Will the police take this into consideration? I have my daughter every other week and obviously don't want this to be a deciding factor on whether or not I can actually join. Thanks in advance

Advertisement