Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This really annoys me. My son’s best friend’s father is Polish. He went to fight for Ukraine last year and lost his life on March 19th of this year. Lots of Polish men are fighting for Ukraine for a variety of reasons, incl. a belief that if they stand by they’re next. He left behind a wife, a teenage daughter and an 8 year old son. He was killed 2 days after his son’s 8th Birthday. It’s been very difficult for them (obviously), and it’s been difficult watching my son and his best friend try to rationalize this.

And then I see Ukrainian guys in their 20s and 30s in Dublin any time I’m in the city. WTAF?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

We haven't heard from that other chancer who turned down the accomodation in Youghal.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,178 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Joe getting antsy "hang on hang on"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Jack Boot !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Jackboot businesses to be closed down by 3pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

"Jackboot "- I just started listening. Is that the first "jackboot" of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭archfi

Two zero nine.

Feck off Duffy

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭golondrinas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Missus Duffy does be putting the jackboot on Joe's throat when he forgets to put the bins out. It's amazing how forgetful Joe is becoming.

Post edited by NeinNeinNein on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

“Comrade ambassador….this Josef duffski is not saying nice things about you on the radio.”……..”no need to worry my friend, duffski is one of us, planted deep undercover many years ago…he tells us what the lrish population are thinking, and we send him a bucket of beluga caviar at Christmas “……

My opinion, fwiw, is if they weren't prepared to stand and fight for their home, they should just feck off out of here.

Not including the women and kids, obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭mountain

They don’t drink much as there are no toilet facilities..

Scurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

This lad is deluded - the russian ambassador doesn't give a feck what the public here think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Did Muti Merkel not say 2014 talks were a ruse to build up nation weapons znd training? Will you ask dat joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,043 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The Ukrainians living in our place are great at smoking and walking really slowly. I wonder is that why the war is dragging on so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭littlevillage

David McCullough skewered Filatov.

Joe would have scoured him (and himself).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'd prefer John from Carks opinion rather than the fisherman

• Advertisement

Load of utter bullshit. The Russian Navy was only carrying out 'exercises' off the Wesht Coast to find out where the submarine cables are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Tow

The ambassador's residence is on Aylesbury Road, this building was also the original embassy. But. for some reason Russians believed they needed lots of staff to man their embassy, so bought the Orwell Road site.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Will someone ask Joe to discuss Mai Lai for balance or more recent abandoning Afghanistan to the taliban.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,178 ✭✭✭✭zell12

This is not a balanced discussion, in fact it is on verge of a diplomatic incident

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Did Joe really say "Raped to Death" ??

Joe is a conspiracy theory nutjob. I wonder is he a QAnon fan?

This attack on Jameson is going to come back to haunt him. I am surprised RTE lawyers aren't reigning him in

All the off licence owners listening to this 'debate' and not one will ring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Depressing to hear this nonsense. That some people here are so deluded as to think we have the remotest influence over what a state like Russia does or doesn't do. If she wants to a message, then just shut down diplomatic relations and close embassies on both sides. Stop Russian imports and exports to there - hit them in their pockets in whatever little way we can. That's the best hope of sending a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,043 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The embassy would have a generator you big eejit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭mountain

Did Joe really say "Raped to Death" ??

He did,

and repeated it for emphasis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,650 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

McCoys in Carrigstown is most likely to stop selling it.

Advertisement