Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Storm in a teacup it sounds like.

Klopp didn't elaborate about what was said after the match so the press thought the ref said something unprofessional. In reality Klopp was upset that the ref was going to give him a red card - emotions running high perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

A touchline ban for the rest of the season? For that?

F*ck me I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is it fair to say that we can absolutely put those 'Salah is phoning it in since he got the new contract' shouts in the bin?

Whatever about his goal/assists record this season - he is still having a great season numbers wise.

But there was one incident in particular on Sunday that shows how his commitment to putting in the hard work is still strong, I thought. A moment in the first half where Harry Kane had dropped deep to help out his midfield and defence and collected the ball a good distance into his own half. Salah sprinted in from wing behind him to nip the ball off of him and regain possession and start the attack again.

We've often seen him sprinting back this season to cover at RB and make the block/tackle. Especially when the game was in the balance. The incident above was at 3-0, where many thought the game was over - myself included. Salah had the desire to keep working and not just rest on his laurels.

On the goals / assists record, I wonder if he has Thierry Henry's record in his sights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Klopp charged. Deservedly so. Tierney not reffing this weekend. Right outcome.

Apparently this guy is reliable for Uruguayan players ..

Supposedly a good player by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

more links to Ugarte from a reliable source.

I look forward to seeing him written off after three games if he does sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What a weird statement.

Hopefully he won't cost 80m and find himself as 6th choice for his position after a season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Why couldn't we have got the "Frank Lampard" Chelsea.

Christ almighty they're looking as bad as "Frank Lampard" Everton!

And there's the third in 33 mins. This could either be embarrassing or another Liverpool vs Spurs! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I've never understood the criticism of Salah, he has been by far our best player since he signed. Alisson, VVD and Fabinho have all been very important too, but, it's Salah that has elevated us to the level we could compete with City over the last few years and has continued to perform even when most others have struggled this season and is rarely out through injury. He's never really been given the credit he deserves, even amongst Liverpool fans, maybe he needs to miss a few months through injury for people to realise what he brings to the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He is still doing 4th official for the United game & VAR official for the Forest game, they don't ref every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

There are some people who don't understand the game, and if the stats (ie goals or assists) are down then the player is off, and if he's off then it has to be because he's not trying.

A blind man would see that Mo was just going through a patch where the goals weren't going in, in a side that was playing sh1te.

Sounds like Thiago might need surgery. I'd assume season over there so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Again ? Are we a club or a hospital treatment room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

He definitely possesses the energy and danger sense that has been missing from our midfield this season. He's a very aggressive tackler and his elbow rolls will draw a lot of cards.

We were back to the business of low balling clubs with offers for players last year so I don't think the club will offer €60M to meet his release clause. If the club is genuinely interested the signing could be a prolonged negotiation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Whatever the signings are i hope they get the business done good and early so everyone can have a full pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I love Thiago, but I wouldn’t even give him 5 dog years anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭jack747

I said a few posts back that I thought Thiago looked a mile off it and thought the legs looked gone .

Undoubtedly a world class player but I really think we should get rid in the summer. We can’t be relying on him next year .

I’d imagine he’s on huge wages too so might free up cash for someone else. I’m by no means putting him in same bracket as Keita but the 2 of them are killing Henderson, who’s making up for their lack of game time.

So according to Joyce we are really interested in MacAllistar

I know I’m in the minority on this, but I don’t really see what all the fuss is about with him. He’s a decent passer, not a bad first touch and he’s okay defensively. On current form, that’s how I’d also describe Curtis Jones.

Caicedo on the other hand….that’s a midfielder I’d break the bank for. He’d bring everything that we’ve missed all season.

I think Caicedo will be too expensive and he seems to be very vocal in trying to get himself a transfer elsewhere. I don't think that sort of behavior will sit well with Klopp and his team.

It sounds like this Ugarte fella is the Gini replacement we are looking for.

Thought Ugarte was more of a 6,a defensive midfielder?

I've watched more Brighton games this season than Liverpool games and Mac Allister has been excellent and I've no doubt he could play the Gini role if tasked with it.

Having a look at the per 90 stats of Ginis last Liverpool PL season and all the things I'd consider he was excellent at and comparing them to Mac Allister it does back up the above.

The possession lost stat is definitely in Ginis favour though but he did play a bit deeper and seemed to attempt fewer attacking passes than Mac Allister.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of price Brighton look for both Mac Allister and Caicedo. Because of the age difference I'd expect Caicedo to be 1.5 times the price of Mac Allister and if that's the case it could be the difference in 3 or 4 signings this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Winning,only winning makes me happy,as shankly once said if you are first you are first,if you are second you are nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Anyone know how to bookmark posts on this new boards?? Asking for a friend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Salah gives absolutely everything in every game, the lad is obsessed with scoring goals. He'll have a quiet game sometimes but he's always working hard. Never injured, consummate professional, he will play to a high level for another 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

IMHO, the ship of us signing him sailed about 2 years ago.

There was rumblings of interest back then that came to nothing. He's too expensive now for what he'd bring, a very decent player no doubt but for what he'd bring to the party there would be too high of a World Cup premium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah has another 2 seasons on his contract after this one, barring injury I can see him being our 3rd highest scorer by Summer 2025 when it's up. Even then he'll only be 32 and he's extremely disciplined with his fitness so I can't see him hitting his twilight years until a while after that. If he sticks around beyond this contract he could eventually find himself in 2nd. Rush is a bridge too far but there's no shame in that.

Genuinely one of the best players in Liverpool history.

Even more impressive that he's done so well while playing with a different set of rules to most forwards:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

This popped up on my twitter feed just now. Worth remembering that for years prior to this we weren’t in the champions league at all. Growing up, I was aware of Liverpools record of winning European cups and leagues but I’d never actually saw them win anything from the ‘top tier’ competitions.

This was a massive win against a very impressive opponent at the time.

2005 will always be very special to me because it was the club returning to the top table, that instead of watching others reach finals and win cups, that it was us this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Pretty sure Liverpool were in the Champions League in the 01/02 & 02/03 seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Marca apparently saying Bellingham to Real is done. €100m-120m. Some €30m less than some reports had him valued at. I have to say it's not totally unreasonable, and you have to wonder if we really were outpriced or if he just said no.

Tchoumeni (23), Bellingham (20), Camavinga (20) and Valverde (24). That's some midfield to build around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I always think McAllester looks better for Brighton when he's in the more advanced positions, you more often than not seen him operation in the No.10 role. I've no doubt he's a very good player, but my main concern would be for him to become the disciplined almost defense midfield operator that Gini was compared to the role he currently plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Madrid are what other clubs wish they were when it comes to transfers.

Insane base to build from. Good grief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Actually heartbroken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I was at that match, at the top of the Kop. The noise was genuinely terrifying, never known an atmosphere like it 🙂

And the experience of Modric and Kroos.

No brainer really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hope it's true re: Bellingham. Would hate to see him at City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’m glad it’s done early, hopes are kinda dashed, but at least it won’t drag on all summer!

Good luck to him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Great I don't have to listen to anymore Jude nonsense. Ridiculous midfield Real have as is

If we were priced out of Bellingham at just €100M (I say just, relatively speaking) then I shudder to think what our transfer budget is this summer.

Wasn’t the line from the club that we weren’t going to spend our entire budget on one player? If £88 million is our whole kitty for this window, then we’ll be yet another season without a midfield.

If the Real story is true, then the club have made themselves look like right clowns regarding Bellingham, first we miss out on Tchouameni to Madrid, and don't sign anyone, but, decide to wait for Bellingham, effectively writing off the season to wait for him, spend most of the season flirting with him from afar and then decide they can't afford him and now he signs for Madrid for an apparent price that doesn't seem too outrageous. In the process of all this we has missed out on several alternatives that would have made us better this season. There was even a suggestion that we didn't sign a midfielder last summer because Milner's contract was extended, which was frankly a ridiculous story. Doesn't bode well for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If you can't compete with Real Madrid then the next best bet is to see who they're willing to sell to you imo, they have so much talent that they're always letting someone go. Past few seasons they've sold:

Casemeiro

Varane

Odegaard

Kovacic

Marcos Llorente

Theo Hernandez

Keylor Navas

Ronaldo

Ozil

Di Maria

Dani Ceballos would be my shout for us

Real Madrid were trying to offload Vinicius Jr in the summer of 2021. At the time, he was offered to Liverpool on loan for the season with an obligation to buy. The offer was declined.

The club's transfer strategy has been a shambles for a number of years. Diaz and Gakpo were both signed because the club was aware that other Premier League clubs were lining up deals for them and the fees involved were considered 'no brainers'. At the time of their signings neither was a priority requirement.

Tsimikas & Nunez start tonight.

I wonder if this means a move to the more traditional back 4, or will Tsimikas also play in that quasi back 3 role?

• Advertisement
Advertisement