Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobra Woods keep cracking

Options
  • 02-05-2023 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Thought I'd throw this up and see if anyone has seen anything like this before.

I now have 4 Cobra Woods with cracked faces.

Cobra Speed Zone 3 wood, bought new, lasted 7 months

Replacement Speed zone 3 wood, Lasted 2 months

Cobra LTDX LS. Bought second hand. Barley used. Lasted 2 months.

Cobra Speed zone Hybrid. Bought second had from golf bidder. Lasted 4 months

They all cracked in the same place, low and across the face? Only thing i can think of is the driving range i use has old balls. Those rubber like ones. I don't swing that hard either. Driver swing is 110MPH on average. I wrote to Cobra who never gave me a reason just told me to go back to where i bought them and get replacements. think I'll try another brand now :)

Anyone similar experience with Cobra?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

That seems very unusual that 4 different faces cracked. Only thing I can potentially think of (Not implying you are btw) is if your angle of attack is very negative and you're hitting down onto the mat there may not be as much forgiveness with the mat as there is concrete under the mat compared to turf where you can take divot catch them heavy etc. The front leading edge is probably stronger than the face itself as it has a radius, so that is causing stresses in the face itself with impacts - That maybe is causing some stresses in the club face over time as cracks seem lower on the face (I could be talking complete boll0cks though!). That or the range golf balls are slightly heavier or more dense or something? Has this happened with other brands or specific to Cobra?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Luxxis

No Never had anything other than Cobra. But that's a thought alright. Only thing is I do hit up on my driver. i have been on Trackman? Very odd though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, very strange for it to consistently happen to the same spot on all the faces.

Are you an angry golfer, any smashing of heads off the ground after a bad hit?

Have a Cobra driver a year or two now and no issues with it to date

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played with a guy at the weekend who said he had the same issue. Had a cobra driver less than a year and it cracked right across the bottom of the face like your third picture. He didn't persist with cobra though and got a replacement in a different brand

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Do you use Ultra balls? 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

I have a cobra driver 4 years now and no issue.Could be balls in range .. By the way 110 mph is a fast swing speed 😊 but wouldn't be the cause

Advertisement