Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Took about 40 minutes to update in the car for me. Stays of a screen like "getting files ready" 20 minutes and a loading screen screen then for about another 20.

I left the car on for the duration of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ended up taking about 45 mins for me. Very easy process and the new graphics are a little cleaner. Full screen android auto looks great as well.

Hopefully that's me all set for the preconditioning update next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

About 40 minutes, just plug it in and the upload should start automatically.

You get a message like "analysing data" or something to that effect on the screen for about 40 minutes so just be patient

I can't remember if the ignition needs to be on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

Looks like a price increase & removal of several features on post grant reduction Ioniq 5.

New platinum spec equivalent will now be 62K. The spec that comes just under grant limit drops HUD, Bose sound, surround view monitor, collision avoidance & relaxation/ventilation seats.

Tesla MY is a no brainer now IMO.

Jez that's bad, surround view (birds eye view) biggest loss there brilliant feature for a big car, HUD very handy too.

Being selfish might make my premium plus worth a bit more now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 tod21

Just had a look at the specs. There's loads of stuff missing. So happy i got the Platinum before they changed the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

They are killing the golden goose with these changes.

Last October I had a deposit on a Platinum at 53K, this kind of routine inflation is hard to take especially when Tesla is cutting prices on better cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Heard of someone over the weekend who is upgrading their year-old Ioniq 5 to an Ioniq 6, similar spec levels. The cost to change was a good bit higher than I would have expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

The prices for the Ioniq 6 appear a good bit higher than the 5. Our Ioniq 5 just over a year ago cost about €38k with a 58kWh battery. Not sure present price , but about €42k? The new Ioniq 6 is now starting at about €49k with a 53kWh battery. Ok, the new 6 has a few extras included such as heat pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

Had a warning light show up on the dash on Sunday, accompanied by audible, persistent warning noises. It advised pulling over somewhere safe and checking power supply.

12v battery warning also showing and manual says to get car towed to a garage. I was 6k from home so I carried on home and parked up there.

Car towed on Monday (by flatbed truck) and diagnosed yesterday. Hoped it would be something small like a software error or simple fix. Instead it seems to be a faulty ICCU and/ or fuse. Parts not available, could be weeks, possibly months. It seems to be a known fault.

Garage trying to sort a courtesy car I can keep for the duration it's off road, hoping to get it tomorrow.

Car was couple weeks back from its first service (or health check), it's 13 months old, there was no prior warning. Would be lying if I said I was not shocked.

• Advertisement

I'd seen some people on Reddit talking about the ICCU thing recently.

I'd be asking for an Ioniq 5 or Ioniq 6 as a loan car. No way would I accept an ICE.

Thanks bomoman66.

A lot of horror stories in the second link.

My fault wasn't as dramatic, i.e. no pop sound, I had no loss of speed or power, had no problem changing gear, everything drawing from 12v all worked fine.

Maybe the fault simply anticipated a depleted battery, before limp mode or car death occurred. My guess is that maybe the fuse went but not the ICCU, albeit it seems both have to be replaced if fuse goes.

Even now, the car is not dead (3 days later) as it pings me now and again warning the bonnet is open ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

From reading reddit this is not uncommon around the 12-14 month age of the car

Something to do with the welding. Hopefully you get your courtesy car and aren’t waiting long.

If it really is a common issue I don’t see why they don’t recall the cars they know have the potential for the problem and just fix. Be easier on everyone. Apparently issue isn’t in newer cara but wouldn’t bet the house on that

I guess if they can't get replacement parts for a failure, they aren't going to be able to do a recall. Despite it being a safety issue and one that can leave someone stranded.

Has anyone had any issues with paint peeling from the outside of the car?

Washed the car yesterday and a piece of paint peeled off w.hich is disappointing in a one year old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭spudwiser

Was at a dealer today and he told me that they won't have any stock until 2024. Anyone hear this?

Left the car in at 9 this morning for the first service/visual check and Battery Conditioning update.

Everything done by 3pm and winter mode is gone now so looks like the software update worked as well.

Best of all is the dealer didn't even charge for either 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I wasn't told next year when I was asking about my May delivery but was told that they've no idea when they would be getting any more stock of the 5, or the 6. They'd stopped taking orders for 2023 delivery months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That was the word last November alright.

• Advertisement

Yes the chrome finish isn't great, had a small spec peel from a stone chip.

Edit: actually mine is on to he chrome yours seem to be the body colour so a bit different.

Do you mind asking what dealer did the update for you?

I tried to get it done in Cork but it failed.

I emailed Hyundai Ireland and they told me the battery update is not available for the Executive spec even though it has a battery heater and winter mode, so I would like to find a knowledgeable dealer that has done the update to confirm if it can be done or not.

I got it done in Lyngs in Carlow.

Had you updated your infotainment before dropping it in? I think you need the most recent software on that before the preconditioning update will take.

Yes infotainment is upto date, I might give them a call to see if the update will work on the Exec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nibbles1355

Hi! Just wondering has anyone used their ChargemyHyundai on the public chargers recently? I normally charge at home but had to drive up north from Cork over the weekend. The tariffs I was charged are ridiculous and almost twice what I was charged for similar charging on the same journey two months ago. At junction 14 on the M7 yesterday and Saturday I was charged 0.90 per kw compared to 0.49 per kw two months ago. This was at an ESB charger. In Newry I was charged 1.68 per kw at an ESB charger that was free 2 months ago. I called ChargemyHyundai as I thought it had to be a technical error but they told me their contract with ESB is changing but that they hadn't expected the new tariffs to be activated. Has anyone else had similar experiences in recent days? It would have been cheaper for me to drive my husband's diesel car. I honestly don't think these rates are sustainable for long distance EV journeys.

Poor from not to advise the rate change. You should seek a refund.

On a side point, its my theory that public charging rates have gravitated over time to the same cost per km as petrol and diesel. Pricing started out as free (revenue not important), then became cost plus margin (covering cost), now it is 'what the market will bear'.

The energy crisis was used as cover to increase the cost to the current leve, but the target was getting to 'Ionity' price levels - which were always 0.79c or thereabouts even when the rest of providers were charging 30% of that. All other providers, ESB, EasyGo, Applegreen, etc, I believe, could see Ionity achieving parity pricing with fossil fuel and so Ionity style pricing is now the market norm.

By the same logic, I would not expect pricing to reduce even when the energy crisis abates, I guess we will all just have to factor in this cost to long distance journeys, and do everything you can to make your home charging the lowest possible cost.

I don't think anyone has done Year 2 service for the Ioniq 5, but just spoke with good mate that spoke to Hyundai tech and said that the 2 Year service will cost between 900 and 1100 euros. This is madness for electric car. They have to replace all fluids (including al coolants) at that service.

Ioniq 5 uses a special low conductivity coolant which is very expensive per litre.

It's a mitigation against battery fires which caused recalls on earlier KIA/Hyundai EVs.

• Advertisement

Depends, mix of 3 years or 60K for low-k coolant changes.

Advertisement