Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Tesla Vision is a mixed bag in its current form but it will improve over time.

Its helpful when used with the cameras, like reversing into parking spots for example. On its own it's fairly limited and while it wouldn't be as good as sensors, it's manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

folks, picked up my MY RWD on friday and must say loving it so far.

I havent installed a home charger but i am thinking i should as a back up to my work office which is 5 mins away and offers free charging. I am with electric ireland on a smart meter and the weekender plan that gives me free electricity on sat day time. Whats the best alternate people are using which i assume would be some kind of night boast plan. Also what is the best applicable charging stations for the Tesla available

Thanks

B

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Great to hear - also good question. We have a charger at home but need to figure out what to do on the road. There is this app called freshmile - apparently good (this is from FB group) but wonder is it just get the account, have balance - rock up to a charging point thats supported and off we go?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

I actually think it’s grand. Is it perfect..? No. But neither are USS. It probably tells you to STOP with more margin of error than needed but I’d rather be too far way than too close. I guess everyone’s expectations will be different

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Read the i5 thread. Not exactly confident reading. And I like them 🥲

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Yeah, another of the reason's for cancelling my Ioniq 5 order. Along with the absolute mystery of when the car would actually arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I find Tesla Vision really excellent. It's a bit conservative for sure, but I've learned the margins by now.

Prefer it to the rather less interactive - and frankly now quite dated - implementation of legacy parking sensors in other cars.

Took me a few weeks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

It’s not as good or as trustworthy as the older USS system. It might get better but for now I’m pretty careful parking. It’s not a dealbreaker for me though so far 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Top up your accounts, plug in the charging cable, scan the card -> start charging. That’s my experience with Ionity.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Did you have park assist when you picked up the car or did you get a software update since?

I picked up mine yesterday and have had two updates since 2023.2.12 and 2023.12.1.1 which it says is the latest.

My understanding is park assist is 2023.6.9 but from the latest release notes this doesn't seem to have uploaded. I have a 2023.6 which is just some new language support thing.

Edit: that was meant to be a reply to usernameunknown but if anyone else who received cars lately could advise if they have this please do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Came from a 3 to a Y and it's not much different really. Probably have a little less faith in the vision than the USS.

The main downside is it takes a while to load up when you get into the car, but as I'd only use it when parking rather than leaving it's a non issue. Didn't actually notice that for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Sounds like you won't be charging away from home/work very often. If you're heading off for a weekend or whatever have a look at abetterrouteplanner (make sure to select CCS as it doesn't pick it for Tesla's for some reason), and plan the full return trip. You can get pretty much anywhere on the island on one stop.

Plugshare is good for locating chargers and you can filter for CCS or destination chargers.

Ecars have the best geographical spread but can be busy, better off to stop at a supercharger on the motorway e.g. for Galway stop in Athenry rather than relying on a charger at a hotel etc. in the city. Charge up enough to get you into town and back out the next day, then top up to get you home.

Easygo worth downloading especially if you're going to Mayo as they've chargers going into every town in the county.

In 4 years I've used Ecars once, Ionity 3 times and Superchargers every other time, depends on where you're going to/from obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Thank you for such a detailed answer. Getting a screenshot of this info😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭spakman

Hi, has anyone used the tesla trade in? How long did it take to get the offer after you completed the self inspection, and was the offer reasonable?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A week. Yes it was last year but this year their trades are a lot lower due to the reduced cost of the cars.

Like buying any new car, trade in is last resort. Always sell privately if possible. Check around all the car buyer sites too.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

My offer took about three days and was appalling - well below what anybody else was offering.

No I didn’t have it to begin with. I got notified of 2 updates in quick succession the day I got the car. Updated them and am now on 2023.12.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

Something ive noticed since the first week I got the car is that on full lights there seems to be shadow lines on projecting light . Very hard to describe other than its not clear full light.

Now its nothing Id go further about asking Tesla, but at the same time I notice it every time I use full beams.

Anyone else notice or do I need an eye test 😂

Thanks I have done same but I don't seem to have the 2023.6.9 update for some reason.

I assume you have that in your release notes yes?

Was driving in the dark this morning and noticed that too so your not the only one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Wow I never I thought I'd read a sentence with Tesla Vision and excellent in it. I think it's absolutely woeful and not fit for purpose at all. The margins change for me even when on the same line so fair play to you for managing to find them useful. I've actually just given up on using it at all and have been getting on just fine bar a close call with my pillar on the 2nd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

Yes noticed on mine as well early one morning two weeks ago.

Pulled over to take a quick look and there was a lot of condensation on the outside of the light clusters.

Gave a quick wipe and all was ok afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Well...you have a big screen camera view for the rear so it's only the front you have to worry about, isn't it?

And if you have to worry so much about the front of your car when parking then you're either not driving all that long, or shouldn't be driving much further maybe 😀

It's a very simple vehicle to learn the dimensions of, bar the bigger-than-normal turning circle, but that comes quickly enough I'd found, and it's not a long car at all so the distance from steering wheel to number plate and the edges of the two wings is easily judged IMO.

In pitch darkness you'd have a case for USS I agree, but when I look back over journeys I find I'm rarely in environments that are pitch dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭spakman

I think it’s just the matrix led itself. Mine is the same. It’s as if it’s blocks of white light rather than a strip of light.

Go to the menu and down to software. It will tell you what the current software installed is. The pic of the screen you have in your message can be confusing as it may show different versions and release notes. It was as if when I got the latest update that it installed the one before that too because I was missing it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I fall somewhere in the middle, my biggest gripe is road/carpark marking and picking those up as objects. Same with kerbs.

My fear is ill grow to just ignore it followed by a wallop some day 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Spotted a White/White MY Performance on the swords road just now, looks pretty cool on the black wheels.

Also seen a different one in Santry covered in snow foam... anyone on here??? Gotta get some of that!

I'm definitely on 2023.12.1.1 alright as downloaded that last night (see image attached) but the 2023.6.9 update doesn't seem to have come in with it and there is no sign of the distance measurements when parking. Unless there is some setting that I need to turn on for them to appear.

Looks like it's just me that has this issue so I better flag this to them so as I find the cameras to be a bit deceptive.

• Advertisement

Stick it on to advanced down the bottom of the screen and wait. The green icon pointing down means there’s an update to download but I don’t see it on the screen itself 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement