Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scratch Cups 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Froggyno111

Just booked the last spot for the ISC in Tralee, have a green fee booked with a friend in Aug for €225pp :( so happy to get value for €60, has anyone ever played a scratch cup in The European?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SEORG

I don't think they do Scratch Cups........could be wrong though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I did. Panicked though and booked a very early slot not knowing that there were a few slots after midday. Called the club straight away to see if they could change it for me but everything was gone. So it will be a very early start for an 8.18 tee time but sure what harm. You know yourself, getting up early for golf is never an issue!!! Work on the other hand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭plumber77

You'll be glad of the early start. History will tell you the afternoon times can be painfully slow. Enjoy

They do run Scratch Cups, not too sure how they run the club though, shot a 69 which I taught on the day that it might be close, since Saturday evening I can’t find the results anywhere, rang the club the only person I could get was someone in the pro shop who didn’t know the results and told me to ring back during the week, seems my 69 wasn’t good enough for a top 5 finish, it would be easier to find Bin Laden that the results

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ArdLix11

This is Tralee I presume you're on about. 77 won it. Then 79 and 2 81's. Conditions were good. Started calm and wind got up a bit as the day went on. Definitely suited the earlier tee times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭irishshadowfax

+5 is some shooting for an intermediate scratch cup, conditions were very good and the greens were excellent but one bad swing could still lead to a big number!

+5 would win 9 out of 10 Intermediate Scratch Cups on any course, after sending a email this morning after seeing 70 won the nett score I’ve been informed there was a mistake and I won the nett score with 69, surely it’s a automatic system at this stage of the century

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You’d wonder was it a member that shot the Nett 70

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Sausages14

77 off 15. That's a really good day at the office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Kilcock on this weekend

Headford Junior 36H - 3rd June

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭BlueBaron

Ballybunnion intermediate scratch cup entry open now , still few spaces left

Any problem with payment? I booked a time but didn’t go to payment page?

Same as , I presume you contact the club to make payment ?

They are having issues with the payment system a lady in the pro shop told me, my first time was cancelled so I booked again was able to pay money gone from my account but no confirmation email, looks like system crashed with the traffic, still don’t know if my booking is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 33 sean.ocall

Yeah same happened to me. Took payment but no email. My name was on the start sheet an hour ago but has now disappeared.

• Advertisement

Whole system reset. People need to rebook or check tumesheet

Few spots opened at Dooks intermediate scratch cup this Saturday at 10.10 am , I just put my name in

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭CorkBoyInDub

Not a SC but has anyone played Ennis GC? In town next week and might get out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Junior, Intermediate, and Minor Scratch Cups on in The Heath Golf Club this weekend both Saturday and Sunday. Still plenty of spots available.

Play there and Woodstock a lot. If you can, I'd play Woodstock instead.

Ennis is ok - Quite short and if busy, can be messy as so many holes (especially at the clubhouse side) are compact and tight to each other. Lot of waiting for people to clear etc.

Always in good knick though.

Woostock though is beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dconnolly81

Going to play the shannon jsc on the 28th, never played it but for €50 to get 2 rounds and lunch can't really go wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,440 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlone golf club senior and junior scratch cup on Sunday 21st of May.

Can book online or ring the pro shop on 0906492073

Anyone have a update on Ballybunion was suppose to open this morning at 8am nothing yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 sean.ocall

Now saying Thursday at the earliest on the website. Haven't gotten my refund yet either

“We will be refunding everyone as soon as possible.

We have a note on the website stating it will be tomorrow Thursday at the earliest before it opens.”

I wouldn’t worry about the refund once the timesheet isn’t a **** show again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

what is that date again?

28th may. Timesheet is open with 8/9 slots left in the afternoon

Yes it was a member of Tralee, after several correspondences a golf Ireland voucher of €80 was issued for best nett of 69, hard to believe a mistake like this could happen when 2 of the committee members were made aware of the score of 69 and noted the contact number on both of their timesheets on the day, yet the incorrect results were published

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Junior & intermediate on Sunday in the Curragh.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

That's concerning, as something similar happened a friend of mine in The Heritage's Open Singles that they run. Struggled to find the results, and when he did find them and got in contact with the club, the 'winner' had already claimed their prize - the winner being a member....

I think as a gesture he was given a €40 GUI Voucher or something like that, but it does raise questions similar to your situation of a lack of accountability for competition results

Yes very disappointing to quote the response I received when I sent a email querying the results and informing them I made two committee members aware of my score on the day.

“I have checked the results and you did indeed win the net score, our apologies for that. Well done. A voucher will issue to you, can u forward address to send it to”

I wasn't looking for a pat on the back but an explanation and decent compensation like the voucher and a green fee would of been sufficient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭golfguy1

They made an honest mistake which they admit and offer you a prize.

And you still feel you should be given a green fee (valued at €300).

jesus you hardly feel that aggrieved by their mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

What seems like a genuine mistake was corrected. I have been that soldier and yes sometimes mistakes are made by volunteers that do this for the good of the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭big_drive

I've seen a couple of mistakes in scratch cups, usually junior & senior. The computer might list net result but then you need the gross scores for the winner. Then go back again to find best net outside of those in the gross positions.

They made a mistake and sent the voucher. Bit much to expect a green fee as well! For what reason? They corrected a mistake, why would anything extra be needed

For the reason a €80 voucher isn’t the prize for overall running up in a scratch cup where it was €60 to play and 151 played, that’s a prize for a open singles and also I told two of the committee members my score on the day, a few hours later they published the results I just don’t buy it, I took 2 weeks to send the voucher looks like to me the prizes had been dispatched and this was got and sent after, I understand mistakes happen but not when you’ve been told a score a few hours previous, it’s not the first time it’s happened in a club and won’t be the last

Still a few spaces left in Mount Juliet for Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭redhill

Belvoir Park Scratch Cup on Sun 16th July, one of NI’s top parklands designed by Harry Colt

prizes of £400, 250, 150, 100, 50 for top 5 gross scores

£150, 100 for top 2 nett scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭big_drive

I thought it was a nett prize you got? That's not runner up. Scratch cup is gross scores. Nett would normally be after all gross placing has been decided. €80 for nett prize in a scratch cup is good in my opinion

Yes indeed, net prizes are the secondary prizes in a scratch cup. I would consider 80 euros quite decent plus 60 euro entry is great value for Tralee.

Post edited by plumber77 on

• Advertisement

Loads of scratch cups on this weekend all over the country and the weather is promised is good. some great value to be found out there. some courses offering two rounds and a bite to eat for a very reasonable price. @scratchcups on twitter is worth a follow.

I'm off to Tralee on saturday morning. Can't fcekn wait. Especially with the weather looking good. I've had some very bad days down there weatherwise. Hopefully the rough isn't too high. I was there one year and the starter advised us that if you don't hit the fairway to hit a provisional. It was madness!!!! Not sure how long it took but it definitely between a 5/6 hour round.

Up at 4.30am but shure what harm. Here's hoping to miss the left bunker on the first. Took 9 last year!!! 😲😲

Ya it seems like he thinks the Nett prize is the big one. Some clubs would only have one prize for nett score so doing well to get anything for runner up in that

These were the results that were published second time round with ‘overall runner up” my issue is the the way it was handled I just don’t think it was handled correctly, €60 was a bargain considering I’ve a tee for €225 paid there in Aug

Yes that is the Full Net Result, so not sure what your point is with that picture. Gross result is available there too.

Obviously a member of Tralee, I wont be filling the forum with any more about it as far as I’m concerned it was a bad attempt of a cover up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement