Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I’ve become nasty? You’re the guy who weighed in on a post I commented on by way of reply to another poster (i.e. nothing to do with you) saying his level of English would embarrass me. How exactly is that not nasty?

And even with that, I’ve now thrice afforded you the opportunity to show me examples of this great wordsmith’s work……to which you haven’t replied with a single example. Intriguing.

Again, you need to stop with the assumptions. I’m not offended or upset. Equally, I didn’t say post count = quality. You really need to pay more attention to what I’m actually saying rather than hearing what you want to hear. I stated my post count to show I’m not new here - another assertion you made.

Finally, I don’t think anyone is attacking me. I’m just not going to let absolute nonsense become “fact” because of a echo chamber of soundbytes and hot takes the likes of which Kendrick Perkins would be embarrassed about,

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm totally cool about things.

I faced big American players when I played point guard. And it was very tough for me because I didn't play all year round due to my commitment to another sport. I tried to get my two feet set and take the hit all the time but unfortunately it doesn't work all the time. I was able to take a hit though by leaning forward as it was coming.

The worst hits I took were when my lean was on the legs and the player jackknifed and fell on top of me. I got injured twice when that happened.

There is two posts before I said anything. One is insulting Lloyd the other is you saying you are not annoyed because somebody thought you were.

Maybe have a look at what's changed with your grammar or style of writing that's making people think that.

And don't go insulting people.

I said Lloyd is a master of English and you want me to prove that. You say you have all this education and I'm accepting your word for it.

If you want me to go find posts of Lloyds, which is a lot of work for me, then you put up proof of all your education.

Celtics with a fully healthy roster. Embiid doubtful. I fancy a big win for the Celtics if Embiid doesn't play. We've got Tatum, Brown, White and Brogdon doing serious damage and then Smart, Williams and Horford to do the dirty work. Even Smart has upped his scoring of late.

Sixers shot 57% in the first quarter and are down by 7.

• Advertisement

Celtics by 3 at the half 66-63, absolutely insane.

Tatum 26, Brown 16, Brogdon 14. Harden 21, Melton 17, Harris 11.

Sixers shooting 55%, Celtics 73%.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What a crazy ending to Bos Phi!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

what an ending! i forgot about the game, delighted i caught the last 5 minutes

I don't believe that. Sixers win, Celtics lead all the way to the final minute and then made a mess of it.

Harden with 45 points, Tatum had 39 with a very quiet fourth quarter.

I feel ill after that. I'm concerned now for the Celtics chances of progressing. Harden was immense, Maxey turned it on when it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It’s looking like the Suns are too thin to win this series

• Advertisement

Man who insults me tells me not to insult others…..

Has the penny dropped with you yet?

You said he’d embarrass me. Or have you forgotten that?

Shocking from Boston. Absolutely shocking.

Haven’t seen the game as I’m away but talk about playing with fire. The Sixers were realistically looking at going to back to Philly 0-2, and in their wildest dreams maybe 1-1.

Boston will take Game 2 easily as Philly will relax now psychologically, but they’ve conceded home court. I still think they take the series, but talk about doing it the hard way.

Ah, you’re the one that put it out there big boy. Examples please of Young Shakespeare in action?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Cut out the bickering and focus on the playoffs please. Bans will be imposed if the thread is derailed any further.

If Embiid is back for game 2 i think the Celtics are in big trouble. You've had some players who played incredible basketball last night and confidence will be high having taken the game without their superstar. They'll play as hard as they can with belief they can make it 2-0 if Embiid is back.

I'm very concerned as a Celtics fan.

Embiid hasn’t commenced running yet as per multiple reports.

So the smart money is Golden State in 5 or 6. Dunc’d On Prime did a very detailed breakdown and not really seeing many positives for the Lakers.

Their opinion is LeBron is significantly affected by his injury and will struggle both offensively and defensively. Plus the Lakers have no bandwidth to handle injuries / missed time to AD, and it’s a significant risk.

Good listen, hard to argue with most of it.

Well Curry is on fire and it's making it easy for his teammates. He's hard to stop when he's like that because he doesn't have to go to the line, he can shoot just as accurately from three feet away from the line.

I’d agree with a lot of that.

The key to series for me is Davis. If Davis plays at peak form the Lakers have a chance. Headlines aside, he’s been the best Lakers player for most of the season, and will be crucial in this series. If Looney or Draymond can nullify (or bully) him, I think it’s a short series.

Curry is probably playing the best basketball of his career at the moment, but equally, Klay, Draymond, and most of the Warriors bench are far from that. You could legitimately argue Lakers are deeper and more talented after their best player than GS right now but GS will have a huge coaching edge, home court, and to me anyway are a much higher IQ team than the Lakers.

Game 1 will be interesting given the short turnaround time for GS though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭johnnyk29

I am expecting Davis and LeBron to go full throttle tonight to try to take game 1 as butters said in the above post the turnaround time favours the Lakers

But both Davis and LeBron are carrying injuries as LuckyL has mentioned so LeBron chasing screens or Looney getting Davis out to follow him and Curry on a pick and roll is very important tonight

I have to admit Denver are looking very strong, I always really liked KCP as a player and thought he was a great glue guy for the time he was on the Lakers team

Well, if someone had told you the Lakers would play a half like that in May before the trade deadline you’d have screamed laughing. And yet, here we are. 

But also: only one point ahead after as good a half in terms of execution as the Lakers could have realistically hoped for. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Davis is just destroying us, I think we will lose this one, need to recalibrate for next game or hurt Davis….surprised Kerr hasn’t switched it up more on Davis, even use Kuminga a bit.

What a game!! Big haymaker down the stretch from GS as everyone expected, Lakers staggered but held on. 

AD majestic, but great bench minutes for the Lakers again, Schroder was great. 

The line for GS can be whatever you like. 1 - 1 going back to Staples. 

GS remain strong favs, Lakers executed perfectly but they don’t have enough scoring in the late game. LeBron is grinding out 20 point double / doubles but is clearly bothered by the ankle. AD’s best scoring comes earlier in the game, so you’re looking to Reaves / Russell in the clutch when GS just rain 3s in.

Schedule of every other night favours GS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Draymond will probably cheap shot him in the next game.

That really is such a disingenuous comment that belittles the ability Draymond has on a court.

it’s not as ridiculous however as LeBron saying he needs to learn how to flop.

Not trying to be pedantic but it’s his foot, not his ankle. Ankle injuries/impairment cause discomfort and/or pain in all angles of rotation and movement; foot injuries generally only cause pain/discomfort in straight line movement (dependent on the injury of course). If you had a choice of a similarly debilitating injury to one you’d choose foot over ankle every time.

If you’ve ever sprained your ankle and sprained your foot you’ll know you can walk on a sprained foot, but not on a sprained ankle. A lot of that is to do with the weight distribution in the area too - your full body weight dispersed over a long flat surface like your foot is going to be easier to manage than a complicated interconnected and thin area like an ankle. I could go on but I’d bore you.

Put it this way, if it was his ankle that had the same degree of injury severity, he wouldn’t be playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,548 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Discount bargain bin PatBev Dillon Brooks has basically been publicly told to Fúck off away from Memphis.

The Front Office have said that under no circumstances will he be returning next year.

Advertisement